June 2014 Moms

Keanu's Birth Story (CreEspree)

I woke up at 1 am on May 22nd because DH had to be up early for a detail (gotta love the army). He wished me a happy birthday as he left (yes.. it was my birthday.. lol). I went back to sleep. Woke up at 6-something to S and A jumping on my bed yelling "happy birthday mama! wake up mama it's your birthday! we need cake!" Gotta LOVE those kids. :)
I was having mild contractions.. But they were pretty spaced out so I figured they were NBD as I'd been having BH for the past 2 weeks.. Used to it. I got up and made French toast for them.. Then I put them in front of the TV to watch Elmo (horrible I know) while I attempted to take a mini-nap to ease the contractions.
I woke back up around 7:30am. The contractions were still coming about the same.. So I decided to try a warm bath to ease them. BIG MISTAKE. They started intensifying and coming closer together. I finally called my doc's office. "I THINK I MIGHT be in labor.. BUT I'm not really sure." I thought I sounded pretty calm.. But I guess the nurse could hear in my voice that I was truly in labor. She told me to come straight to L&D.
I called DH and told him to come home NOW.. It was go time. I then called my sister to come get S and A. My sister got there in 5 minutes and DH was right behind her. At this point he's running like a track star.. Lol. We'd packed the bags 3 weeks ago.. So we gave my sister the spare house key and began the journey.
By the time we got onto the highway.. My contractions were about 4 minutes apart.. But only lasting about 30 seconds.. So they were bearable. DH was afraid we wouldn't make it in time.. So he hit 100. Mind you the speed limit was 70.. And we were in MY car. I was fussing the whole time "we're not in your truck! you better not get a ticket in my car!" Halfway there.. Road work. Speed limit dropped to 55 and one lane was closed. Soooo.. He went through the cones into the CLOSED lane and CONTINUED DOING 100!! How we didn't get pulled over is beyond me.
We got to the hospital around 10:45am. DH wanted to roll me up in a wheelchair.. No way. I walked hoping to help speed the process. When we got to L&D I changed into the hospital gown. They checked me.. I was a "stretchy 4" and my contractions were about 3 minutes apart.. Lasting about 60 seconds. They started antibiotics through an IV around 11:20am because I was GBS+. My doctor came and checked me at 11:35am. I was dilated to 5. By now my contractions were 2 minutes apart.. Still 60 seconds but SUPER intense. I caved and asked for the epidural. I had to wait for bloodwork to come back before I could get it. By the time the anesthesiologists came.. I was almost in tears. 12:45pm my epidural was in place.. Just waiting for it to kick in. My doc checked me again at 12:55pm.. I was 9 cm. He said "about 45 more minutes you'll be ready". My contractions were coming one on top of the other and lasting 90seconds. And now I needed to push. Nurse paged my doctor who had barely gotten out of the room. 1:05pm I was 10cm. My epi hadn't kicked in.. But it was time. I pushed for what felt like an eternity. At 1:25pm (sorry about the wrong time I sent to my LB's.. I was high) our baby boy was here.. Screaming the strongest most adorable scream I've ever heard. We did skin-to-skin as they drugged me up to do my stitches (I tore.. But it doesn't feel too horrible.. Just sore). I can't begin to explain the feelings of joy and accomplishment in having gone through so much and carrying him to term to having this beautiful baby in my arms. We go home later today and S and A finally get to meet their baby brother. Today is A's birthday.. So hopefully she is still excited about baby (she gets diva-ish on her day).
And now.. Lots of baby cuteness. :)
Keanu Jerard - May 22 (38w 1d)
5lbs 15oz.. 19.5in

Re: Keanu's Birth Story (CreEspree)

• Congrats! He is beautiful!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Emery Elizabeth
    Due Date: June 5, 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Congratulations, he's gorgeous!
  • Loading the player...
  • he's beautiful! congratulations!!
  • Love this!! Gongrats!
    BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats on your healthy baby boy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Audrey born 5/31/14
  • So sweet! Congratulations!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats! He's adorable:) & Happy belated birthday to you! & also happy birthday to your daughter :)
  • Congrats LB! So happy for you that you made it to term and had a safe delivery. Awesome job by your H getting you there in time! Great story and beautiful pics :)
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • congrats!!  love the name too :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • LKHoffaLKHoffa member
    Wwww congratulations!
  • Congrats! You did great! And he is absoluetly adorable :) 
  • Congrats!
  • Congrats! He's beautiful!!

Me (36) + DH(35) = Married 9yrs!
    BFP #1 May 2010! mc @11weeks blighted ovum, natural mc.
    BFP #2 Sept 2010! mc @9 weeks, natural mc. Diagnosed with Prothrombin Gene Mutation or Factor II (hetro)-baby asprin while ttc, Found out the hard way that I am deathly allergic to aspirin- OB put me on Heparin injections.
    BFP #3 July 2011 with DS (whom was diagnosed with bilateral trans-radial limb deficiency at 20 week A/S-with no answers why) born 4-12-12.
    BFP #4 March 2013! Early mc @6weeks.
    BFP #5 Sept 2013 EDD June 5th, DS#2 born 5-31-14
    BFP #6 April 2015 EDD December 21st Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   

• Love it- congratulations, he's so precious! And happy birthday to all of you!
  • Congrats!!
    photo 0c2dff5c-8353-4f48-a664-12cdf783ef5a_zpsd50eeb2f.jpg photo 2568d9e8-2e0a-42f1-9e46-3b839622bae6_zpsa9ad0626.jpg photo 7cad0d91-68fd-48bf-b58a-48256209fbe1_zps4881d0c7.jpg
  • laramtlaramt member
    edited May 2014
    Congratulations! He's a beaut
  • Congrats!!

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Your birth story is like something out of the movies! So awesome! Congratulations to you and what a precious baby boy! :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • eryaleeryale member
    Wonderful news! Love it! Congratulations. He's ADORABLE! 
  • Congrats he is adorable
  • Wow you all have super close birthdays. Congratulations he's so cute!
  • Congratulations!! :)

#1 DD June 2009
    #2 DS July 2011
    #3 DD June
    CP December 2015
    M/C 8/2016
    Rainbow & Babe #4 EDD 7.28.18

• Congratulations! He is adorable!
  • He's beautiful! Congrats!

Favorite TV Mom: Tami Taylor
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    Congratulations, he's adorable!!!

<3

• Congratulations, and happy b-day to all of you!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Congratulations, he's adorable!

image  image
    Married: July 16,2011
    TTC since: July 2012
    Me: 29  CD3 blood work: All normal; Other blood work: Insulin levels high; HSG: All Clear
    DH: 34 SA: Count: Good (27 Mil); Poor motility (25%);Poor morphology (1%)
    DX: PCOS-IR and MFI
    BFP #1 10/9/13 / Beta #1 68 / Beta #2 162 / EDD: 6/19/14
    Jared Lee Born 6/28/14
  • Your husband is a speed demon!!!  Congratulations!!!

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • He's adorable! Congrats!!!
  • Congrats! What a nice birthday present!
    ~Kelly
  • Congrats! He's adorable!
    BFP 12/30/12...MC 1/13...TTC again 6/11/13...
    BFP #2 9/28/13....EDD 6/7/14

imagephoto 1a59b4ac-19a8-49a0-9708-9916e05c4da6_zps5a5904c3.jpgimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kd&cdkd&cd member
    Contacts! He us gorgeous!!

Oct 16/13. BFP @ 11 dpo

Oct 21/13. Beta 360 @ 16 dpo

Oct 23/13. Beta 749 @ 18 dpo

Nov 24/13. Saw HB (141bpm) & baby wiggle around via ultrasound @ 9w5d due date changed to June 23!!

Dec 6/13. Heard HB (122bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 11w3d

Jan 9/14. Heard HB (124bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 16w3d irregular beat

Jan 29/14. DH felt kicks for first time @ 19w3d

Feb 2/14. Saw baby via ultrasound (quick scan in ER) @ 19w6d

Feb 6/14. Heard HB (126-134bpm) via Doppler @ 20w3d normal beat

Feb 15/14. AS - baby looked great (measured 1w small) and would NOT let us see sex! @ 21w5d 

Feb 20/14  3D US - its a GIRL!!!!! @ 22w3d

Feb 27/14. Repeat AS for more pics, HB 124bpm  @ 23w3d

Mar 6/14. Heard HB (130bpm) via Doppler @ 24w3d

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

• lest12lest12 member
    Congratulations!!

image        image

• Congratulations!! You did great and he is beautiful!
    Trigger Warning (LC and loss) -- 
    Married May 2008 
    Beautiful daughter Alyssa born April 23, 2011 
    Precious son Isaac born at 34 weeks in April 27, 2014 with Potters Syndrome Type 4 and Down Syndrome - trusted into the arms of Jesus after 3 hours.
    Pregnant again! Due August 8, 2015 please be healthy, little one!

(results on 2/4/15 showed no Down's and it's a girl!) Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Sweet boy!!
    imageimage
  • Congratulations! 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Great job mama! Congrats! He is adorable :)

Me: 33, HSG & b/w normal; partial septate uterus   DH: 33, SA good but low morphology (3%)
    Started trying to make a baby Apr'12    Aug'13 DX: Unexplained Infertility
    Sept'13: 50mg Clomid + IUI #1 (13m + 11m post wash) CDs 11&12 + 200mg progesterone 3x daily =
    BFP!     
    Beta 16dpIUI = 391 EDD 6.14.14 Delivered 6.13.14
  • Congratulations!
    image  image
    Baby GIRL born June 12
  • So glad he's here and healthy and you are doing well too! That crazy driving your DH did sounds like something mine would do...lol Congrats on your handsome little man!

• b48kateb48kate member
    All your hard work and struggle has paid off!! Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"