June 2014 Moms
Options

Birth Story (Kinipela7)

Woke up at 5:22 AM on May 19th to slight cramps.  At 10:00 AM I went to the bathroom and noticed a few drops of brown blood on the toilet paper.  As the day went on, the brown drops became more and more, but never enough to think this is it!  At noon, the cramps were getting worse but nothing timeable.  I texted my husband and told him I think the baby would be here within the next few days.  The cramps intensified and eventually were timeable at 2 mins apart, but only lasting 30 seconds.  I called the OB when I was in enough pain to ask their advice.  She told me to come in.  After I got off the phone, I started leaking a lot more but it wasn't clear, but brown/red.  I had to breathe through the contractions to ease the pain - they were getting intense.  The OB checked me and said I was 1.5 cm and to go home and maybe I would see her the next day.  I was desperate and showed her the pad in my underwear that was stained with whatever I was leaking.  She sent me to L&D thinking it could be meconium.  It was so I was admitted!

Got into my room about 6:00 PM and had the epidural by 6:45 (best decision ever- it doesn't hurt at all!).  I didn't feel pain, but the pressure in my rectum all night was super intense.  I though at one point I was just going to explode right there.  The doc broke the rest of my water and started some pitocin.  We waited and waited and had family come visit.  I wanted to rest up so my mom and sister waited in the waiting room as we gave them updates via text.  I was finally 10 cm around 2:00 AM and they had me labor down for awhile.  The nurse came in and asked if I was ready to start pushing, so push we did (the doctor wasn't even there yet).  The nurse held one leg and DH held the other.  DH was so encouraging the whole time - he really shocked me at how involved he was in the process and knew exactly what to say and when.  I had a great support system!  Once the baby was closer, the doctor came in.  Everyone was so encouraging and pushing was actually kind of fun, although really hard work!  I had the doctor tell me when I was close because I wanted to bring my mom and sister in the room.  We brought them into the room at about 4:00 AM and my sister hid behind the curtain.  I just closed my eyes during the pushing and really focused.  The doc warned me that she was going to come within the next few pushes.  2 sets of pushes after that and she was here!!  The doc said Jennifer, open your eyes and look at your baby!  I immediately cried like a baby.  It was the best words I heard all night and I couldn't believe it!  Unfortunately, due to the meconium she didn't get placed on my chest right away, however she was on my chest within 5 minutes.  DH looked at me with teary eyes and told me how great I did.  The doc said I didn't tear at all and didn't need stitches which really surprised me since I'm a FTM and had an epidural.  The doc and nurse also said I was their best pusher in weeks!  I had  the best possible birth experience I could have hoped for and I couldn't be more happy with how well it all went.  Thanks for all the support - here she is!

Julia Rose
Born May 20th at 4:12 AM
8 lbs 0 oz, 20.5 inches

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Birth Story (Kinipela7)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"