September 2013 Moms

UO

2»

Re: UO

• I really do not understand the whole pound sign some-phrase-that-has-no-spaces-so-I-have-to-stare-for-like-30-seconds-to-decipher.

In fact, I really don't understand the whole pound sign thing in general.
    It was a thing on Twitter which made it easy to search for things. I have no idea why people started doing it on FB.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• The word flesh creeps me out. As well as flaccid.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Burrberrymum‌ Too big if a quote tree- but no. At our venue, they took the meal counts from us the day before the wedding. It was the last shot to make changes. It could have been money spent on other things, like strawberries and champagne upon arrival at our honeymoon. ;)

In that case it would be pretty annoying! Strawberries & champagne sound like a way better way to spend the money!

• My UO is I don't care for honeymoon registries. When I get a shower invite with this listed I can't help but roll my eyes. I just don't personally want to pay $50 for you and your hubby to have chocolate covered strawberries on arrival, sorry. Its not even the thought of contributing to the honeymoon that bothers me as much as getting an invitation where this is the EXPECTED gift. I have actually contributed for a honeymoon excursion when I was in a wedding before with the rest of the bridal party. I just don't love that this is becoming the new trend.

I had a honeymoon registry, so I'm on the opposite end of this one. What most people don't know is the money doesn't actually go towards any of those things on the honeymoon website ( like strawberries or a jeep tour). You just get a check in the mail for anything people "purchased" for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lilqt3929 said:

I'm not sure how you all feel on this but my UO right now is that I can't stand how people do not want children at their wedding (as long as it's not a night wedding and the parents are respectful to leave if children become upset). I'm currently facing this situation and maybe that's why it's bothering me...

I wish we could have not had kids at our wedding. Our wedding/reception was at a restaurant that didn't have a permanent dance floor. The kids from my husband's family tore apart the dance floor from sliding around on it. At my sister in laws wedding they ran around the cake table until I yelled at them to get away. I would have died if they had knocked it over.

Yes, this is on the parents but who wants that kind of stress. Perhaps this is flameful but I probably wouldn't have minded my friends kids. They are all fairly well behaved. But the kids on my husband's side of the family have a reputation. Which is really sad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Af1004Af1004 member

I really do not understand the whole pound sign some-phrase-that-has-no-spaces-so-I-have-to-stare-for-like-30-seconds-to-decipher.

I use the pound sign to say numbers. Just like in my 1st post in this thread.

#=numbers just like $=money
  • HBirdieHBirdie member
    redfallon said:

I really do not understand the whole pound sign some-phrase-that-has-no-spaces-so-I-have-to-stare-for-like-30-seconds-to-decipher.

It was a thing on Twitter which made it easy to search for things. I have no idea why people started doing it on FB.

I'll speak for myself here... The hashtag is also a "thing" on Instagram. It's a way of tagging photos, I like it because I can say, for example, #runningmama and see other people's photos with the same tag. But if your IG is connected to your Facebook, your hashtags will end up there too. So it's not necessarily that people are typing out hashtags on FB (though they might be), it just might be that their Facebook accounts are connected to their IG or Twitter accounts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"