Attachment Parenting
Options

Sleeping

My LO is 4 weeks old and the only place she will sleep for an extended period of time (more than 20 mins) is on my chest. We have tried the RNP, bassinet in PNP, while I love the cuddle time I'm worried about the transition to daycare. Anyone else have this issue?advice?

Re: Sleeping

• Options
    I went through something similar.  I was home with my son for the first 5 months, and in the beginning he would only sleep ON someone (me, my mom, DH).  I was worried about the transition to daycare, so at 3 months I gradually (over 2 months) worked on getting him to fall asleep in his crib instead of on me.  If you're interested, I can share how I did it, BUT

1) I wouldn't worry about this at 4 weeks.  At 4 weeks, any sleep, anywhere is good.  (If it's not a problem for you).  For most babies, the morro reflex is still really strong a this point, which can make transitioning harder.

2) Find out if this really is an issue for your daycare.  Turns out I didn't need to worry about, because my daycare would rock/hold babies for naps.  In addition,  daycare is magic.  Babies behave completely different there.  At daycare, my son eventually would go and get his cot out and lie down for a nap.  Never happened at home where he still wanted to be rocked for naps.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    catch5ncatch5n member
    Thank you! It's nice to hear I'm not alone. I won't stress to much about it yet as I have 3 more months at home with her. I would love to hear how you transitioned to the crib for future reference!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AlikiAliki member
    catch5n said:
    Thank you! It's nice to hear I'm not alone. I won't stress to much about it yet as I have 3 more months at home with her. I would love to hear how you transitioned to the crib for future reference!
    Oh, a lot will change in the next three months! Don't worry yet, just enjoy your newborn for now! 
    TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Dd would only sleep on or next to us at home for the longest time (like past 14 months) but when she was at daycare, they got her sleeping in the crib there starting day one. Good day cares know what they are doing! She wouldn't sleep as long, but she would sleep. Though at home she never took to the crib!
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"