Infertility

***June Bugs Check-In 5/20***

pblgepblge member
edited May 2014 in Infertility

Welcome to the June Bugs Check-In FINALLY!!! Check-ins will be every Tuesday & Friday. Your check-in leaders are pblge (Tuesday) and dreambig1021 (Friday)

This is a check-in for those who are doing IVF/IVM or FET with an ER/ET scheduled for June. If you are interested in joining, please fill us in on your cycle below

(IVF/FET cycle #, where you are in the process, relevant dates, etc). Be sure to update us along the way! 

Here is a link to the June Bugs badge: https://i60.tinypic.com/2e2jwo9.jpg

QOTD: What diet or behavioral changes did you make for this cycle? Different food or exercise? Acupuncture or meditation?

BFPS:

BFNS:

June Angels:

FET:

Airidh80 - FET #1 from IVF #2

BeckyP005 - DE FET #1

clguerra88 - FET #1 from IVF #1

Dreambig1021 - FET #1

gnl42 - FET #1 (Welcome!!)

geordie314 - FET #4 from IVF #1

Hopefulsprout - FET #2

Ikrystal - FET #1

Shelbeans82 - FET #1 from IVF #2

Spring78 - FET #1 (Maybe moved back to May?)

In the 2WW:

Cancelled / Delayed:

Intheplanningstage - ((hugs))

O2girl - ((hugs))

Between ER / ET:

Stimming:

Runawaylaurel - IVF #1

Sha259 - IVF #1

Ttc23 - IVF #4, Antagonist Protocol w/ NK cells

Prepping/BCP/Priming:

babycakestx - IVF #1

Carol77B - IVF #3, EP/Antagonist protocol w/ PICSI

ChristieH917 - IVF #1

ExoticAntibiotic - IVF #2 (freeze all)

gsancho - IVF #1 Take Two

HollowBerry - IVF #2

Hoping4LO - IVF #1

Katib77 - IVF #2, Antagonist protocol w/ HGH and NK cell intralipids

Lillovebug79 - IVF # 1

MJ14323 - IVF #3

Pblge - IVF #2.1, Antagonist Protocol

Pjpahel - IVF #4, Microdose Lupron Protocol

PrivateOne - IVF #3 (retrieval only)

Scooteriste - IVF #3

Sweetpotato123 - IVF #1

**********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage

Re: ***June Bugs Check-In 5/20***

• pblgepblge member
    Hi June Bugs! I'm getting my butt kicked by side effects from the Metformin and BCP, but otherwise things are good. I finally got all my lodging worked out for when I have to be in NYC for this cycle--when they moved my dates it really messed up my plans! Meds are arriving on Thursday.

QOTW: I'm eschewing caffeine, alcohol, and almost all sweets. I decided not to do acupuncture this cycle because all the extra needles just made me want to cry. I just purchased the C+B meditation kit for IUI/IVF cycles yesterday, so will start those tonight. I'm exercising as normal until stims start, then will just walk. Can't wait to hear what other ladies are doing!

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Sha259Sha259 member
    Had my first US since beginning stims (Antagonist protocol) on Saturday, only 4 follicles are growing. RE is super disappointed, and so am I. He suggested that I either cancel this cycle and try again, or convert to an IUI (I only have 2 follicles on the good tube side). My E2 numbers from today will tell us our next step.

I will continue to update I guess, but would you guys let me stay even if I get converted to IUI? Crap I'm really sad. We are MFI, and I know that an IUI is an extreme crapshoot, ie a waste of our time and money. But I would also hate to waste these eggs!

IF BLOWS!!

QOTD: What diet or behavioral changes did you make for this cycle? Different food or exercise? Acupuncture or meditation? @pblge wow, it looks like you are doing alot! Hopefully you will notice a positive difference this cycle. :)
    As for me, I'm not doing anything different than I've been doing all year. I stay away from alcohol and relaxers, and exercise 6 days a week. I plan to keep my current intensity and program until I start to feel uncomfortable. Then I will likely walk in incline on the treadmill, and lift.

• Loading the player...
  • So sorry @Sha259‌. Hopeful maybe your response will pick up and you can salvage this cycle.

@pblge‌- met and BCP killed me for a few weeks together. I finally seem to be doing ok. Fingers crossed you get over the side effects soon!

AFM, took my last BCP this morning and am on day 5 of lupron. No big issues yet, just some sleeping challenges, ridiculous dreams and a little irritability. Go in tomorrow for u/so and bloodwork. If all clear, stims start Saturday!!

QOTD- definitely cut back on alcohol. Still have a drink here and there. Limited caffeine, but I don't usually drink much to begin with. Lots of water- at least 80 ounces a day.
    **Signature Warning**

Dx PCOS August 2012
    Clomid x4 = BFN
    Femara+Follistim IUIs x 6 = 3 BFN, 2 C/P, 1 early miscarriage
    IVF June 2014- 43 R, 34 M, 24 F, 12 blasts frozen and severe OHSS
    FET September 12, 2014!
    Beta #1 12dp5dt- 724
    Beta #2 14dp5dt- 1631
    Beta #3 20dp5dt- 12,813
    Pending EDD at first OB appointment 11/6. Grow babies grow!

"I might have to wait. I'll never give up. I guess it's half timing, and the other half's luck. 
    Wherever you are, whenever it's right, you'll come out of nowhere and into my life." ~ Michael Buble

• dreambig1021dreambig1021 member
    edited May 2014
    @Sha259- Of course you can stay here if you are converted to an IUI, I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. IF does suck!! 

@pblge- I'm interested in the C + B Med kit, what is that? 

AFM- I'm still on BCP until June 3rd but my first appt back with the RE is on the 29th to make sure all is well in the land of my insides. Getting anxious to get this show on the road :)

QOTD: DH is on a diet kick right now because of his gout so I decided to join him. I shouldn't really say diet but eating very healthy and I'm just walking until I can get into it. Right now I just feel kind of blah about exercising, pure laziness I need to get with the program! 
    TC Since 2006
    Me: 33
    Dx: Hydrosalpinx
    DH: 34
    Dx: Perfect
    IUI #1-4 = BFN
    BCP Started 2/23/2014, Tubal ligation surgery 3/5/2014
    1 Polyp removed, Tubes are bye bye.
    IVF #1 - Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Lupron, ER 4/14, Freeze All, OHSS
    31R, 28M, 21 fertilized! 
    FET#1 - 06/26/14 transferred 5 day blasts 2- 1 4AA and 1 3BB lining at 12 (PIO shots, Progesterone and Estradiol)
    Beta 7/10/14 14dp5dt = BFFN
    FET#2- 9/25 Transfer day 3, 2- 10 cell Lining at 12
    10/2/15 - Progesterone Check 30
    10/9/15 - 14dp3dt BFN
    4/27/16 - Mock transfer protocol- Vit C, Vit D, DHEA, Prenatal, Lovenox, Estradiol, PIO
    FET #3 - 5/18/16 - 

• @Sha259 I'm so sorry! I think you should definitely stay if you want to. IF sucks and support like this is one of the few things I've found helpful!

I've had a headache since Sunday evening, which sucks. I even got adjusted and a massage yesterday and it's still there. Hoping it'll go away soon and trying to drink as much water as possible! Started estrace on Monday and looking forward to next week's ultrasound.

QOTD: What diet or behavioral changes did you make for this cycle? Different food or exercise? Acupuncture or meditation?
    I've been doing more MFR work with my massage therapist, and I added acupuncture, and Coq10 (I already take fish oil, Vitamin D, prenatals.) I'm also on a low dose of synthroid this cycle and will get tested this week to see if that improves my levels. Apparently I have fine levels for a normal person, but they are slightly lower than my RE would like. Pills, pills, pills! lol Oh, and exercise is basically not happening. I've been doing lots of walking, but feeling very lethargic. Maybe this nicer weather will help get me out more!

*** Siggy/Ticker Warning *****
    TTC June 2011 ///  RE Jan 2013  /// DX: DH (30) - low morph, Me (30) - irregular ovulation 
    Clomid cycle March 2013 - BFN /// IUI #1 April 2013 - BFN /// IUI #2 June 2013 - BFN 
    IVF w/ICSI- Oct 2013 - ER Oct. 15 (10 mature, 6 fertilized)
    ET  Oct. 27 2013 - BFN
    FET #1 Feb. 21 2014 - BFN 
    FET #2 Jun. 5 2014 - BFP! Beta #1: 253, Beta #2: 628, u/s revealed singleton w/116 bpm! EDD 2/23/15

image image

• Morning!

AF showed up yesterday, so I have morphed into a Crank-Monster whose internal monologue is something along the lines of *mutter mutter sons a bitches all of you mutter mutter*

I'll start Vivelle patches, lovenox, and baby aspirin tomorrow, CD 3.

Not that much, really. I did a lot of walking in the month leading up to our retrieval. I haven't done much at all lately, because I am The Worst. 

Oh! So for anyone who was interested in Godzilla... I did see it over the weekend. It is a significant improvement over the '98 version. It's definitely not a "deep" movie, but I enjoyed it. Good summer fun. And to quote one of my friends, if you don't shriek with glee during the denouement of the final monster battle, you are heartless and belong in jail. 
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    19-year history of endometriosis. Multiple surgeries and cyst removals. Forced directly into IVF due to blocked tubes and severe adhesions.
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #1 - Dec 2013 - Only 1 normal. Ended in CP
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #2, at CCRM - March 2014!
    14R, 12 ICSI'd, 11F, 6 for CCS, 5 healthy blasts frozen!
    Two 5BB blasts transferred 9/10; First beta 9/19: 109; second beta 9/22: 550!
    EDD: 5/29/15

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • pblgepblge member
    @sha259 - ((hugs)) Hope you get good news from the E2.

@dreambig1021 - Here's the link to the C+B IVF series. I know some other ladies here who swear by it, so I thought I'd give it a try.
    https://www.circlebloom.com/get-started/ivf-program/

@hopefulsprout - Do you mind if I ask what your TSH levels were? I'm on the minimum dose of 25 mg, and my last test (after six months of the pills) was still 2.59. That seemed a bit high to me.

@airidh80 - LOL! Definitely understand the grumpiness! It gets worse for me when none of my usual pick-me-ups (wine, sweets, coffee) are an option. :(

• Hi Ladies!

They were able to detect my post-LH surge from the blood test so I have my schedule to start the Vivelle patches on 5/26 and Cetrotide on 5/27-5/29. We are assuming AF around 5/30, stimming starting 5/31 and ER around 6/12. I'm feel pretty optimistic about this cycle, especially after the endometrial scratch. Hopefully we'll get a better count of baseline follicles.

QOTW: I tried to keep to a strict diet earlier on, but that didn't go so well. The really big change with this cycle will be the supplements. I'll have been consistently on the COQ10 and DHEA for about three months, so interested/hopeful to see if that helps with egg production/development.

***************************Loss Mentioned***************************

Me 37 y/o, DH 45 y/o; DH vasectomy reversal (his 2nd marriage) 11/8/12; TTC since 12/8/12. IVF due to MFI. DOR diagnosis April 2015.

IVF #1 BCPs/Antagonist w/ICSI Jan 2014 = BFN

IVF #2 MDL w/PICSI March 2014 = BFN

IVF #3 EPP/Antagonist w/PICSI May/June 2014 = BFP!; MMC 6w4d

IVF #4 No suppression/Antagonist Nov 2014/Converted to IUI #1 = BFN
    IVF #4.1 Feb 2015 = cancelled
    IVF #4.2 April 2015 - Lupron Stop Protocol with ICSI = PGD testing of embryo indicated it was abnormal
    IVF #5 June 2015 EPP with Antagonist 

Everyone welcome!

• gnl42gnl42 member
    I just posted last night to let everyone know I'm coming over from the May Blossoms, so no updates here! 

I will be (impatiently) waiting for AF over the next several check ins. I guess most of us here are still in the waiting zone.
    **warning**
    Me (31), DH (33), one furbaby (7) - unexplained IF 
    hysteroscopy and polypectomy 2/14
    IVF #1 3/2014 - cancelled (early ovulation)
    IVF #1.2  ER 5/16/14: 23R 18F -  freeze all (12) due to concern for late onset OHSS 
    FET #1 in June - delayed due to thin lining, 7/18 SET (7.5 mm lining) resulted in chemical pregnancy
    FET #2 in Sept - 9/4 transferred 2 CCS tested embryos (6.5mm lining)
    9/13 beta #1 - 400, 9/15 beta #2 - 950, U/S 9/22 one gestational/yolk sac - next up 9/29
    3 frozen CCS tested embryos remaining
  • I'm out for this cycle due to chronic endometritis :( Next transfer is in July if everything goes as planned with antibiotics. Good luck ladies!!!
    Our Novel of TTC:

*Male Factor (low count and low motility), High Prolactin, and Polycystic Ovaries (March 2013)
    *Recurrent Miscarriage testing also revealed high anti-phospholipids & single MTHFR mutation. (Feb 2014) 

*IVF (07/2013): BFP-Natural Miscarriage @ 5 weeks* <3 Madison Riley <3
    *FET #1 (10/2013): BFN
    *FET #2 (12/2013)- BFP-Missed Miscarriage at 8 weeks <3 Kyle Andrew <3
    *Chromosomes and Karotyping tests were both normal.We lost a healthy baby boy :(
    *FET #3 (04/2014) was cancelled after finding Chronic Endometritis
    *Miraculous BFP July 2014!! (I was taking baby aspirin and Cabergoline to stay regulated while "taking a break from TTC" and waiting to consult with a reproductive immunologist!!!) 

Our healthy baby girl was born 03/10/15 thanks to daily Lovenox injections and baby aspirin. There are no words for how grateful I am for our rainbow baby. <3
  • gsanchogsancho member
    Hello!  I need to join.  This will be the first true IVF...although we tried in April with a big ol' ovary fail, which ended up with us doing IUI.  So not sure if this would make IVF 1.2?  2.1?  

Anyways, I'm prepping with Lupron now, to start stims on Tuesday and ER in mid-June.  RE changed my protocol, so I'm on a TON of meds this time (which makes me nervous but I'll trust it), and this time it will be for a freeze all.  I'm still a bit confused on why he wants to do freeze-all...and he wants to be open to possible doing 2 rounds of stims/ER to get enough eggs, but I honestly don't think we can afford it.  I've always done better when I'm underestimated, but I'm hoping my ovaries prove my RE wrong and get enough eggs in one round.

QOTD: I haven't changed as much this time...but we've been eating healthier and drinking less than we did last time during our break before IVF.  We went to Napa last time and let loose before starting prepping.  This time, we've had some drinks at home or out to dinner, but nothing too crazy.  Then we'll stop 100% after Sunday (DH's birthday).  

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • I'm on BCPs for the next 17 days, so I only have boring updates. :) We had a consultation with a geneticist who said to expect 50% normal embryos. That's more than I was expecting, so we're pressing on with the cycle. I also found out that my meds are doubling, so hopefully that means more embryos to make it to biopsy and freeze!

QOTD: I stopped drinking 2 years ago, so that will continue. Trying to cut out sweets and focus on more proteins and vegetables.
    TTC #1 since 2011 · Me (35, PCOS, AMA, abnormal eggs) and DH (47, MFI)
    2012-2013: 3 Clomid cycles, 3 IUIs, all BFNs
    IVF #1 January 2014: 14R/12M/9F 1 transferred, 3 frozen = BFN
    FET #1 March 2014: 1 transferred = BFFN · FET #2 May 2014: 2 transferred = BFFN
    IVF #2 June 2014: 24R/11M/10F 6 PGS tested: 1 normal embryo, 1 with no result
    FET #3 in March 2015: 2 transferred = BFFN
    imageimageimageimageimage
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • O2girlO2girl member
    Ladies best of luck to all of you!!

AFM: I am benched for at least 6 months as I have treatment with Lupron for that long.

Xo
    Me: 38
    DX:  Adenomyosis, Compounded MTHFR, PAI-1 4G variant

MFI due to Testicular Cancer

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    FET #1 with 2 polar bears ~Nov 6, 2013 BFN :(
    FET # 2 with 2 more polar bears ~March 19, 2014 BFP!!!
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    4/19/14 ~ baby A became an angel
    5/02/14 ~ baby B became an angel
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    FET #3 with 1 male polar bear ~October 3, 2014
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN
    Fur Children:  Memphis 3y, Dutch 3y, Marcel 2y, Meadow 1y

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2015 Siggy Challenge TTCAL
    Animals Interacting with Snow

• Sha259Sha259 member
    edited May 2014
    @intheplanningstage oh no!! I hope that once your antibiotic course is over you're body will be in the best condition for your FET.

Thanks for letting me stick around, as I just got notice that they want to convert me. :( 

I get that my RE really wanted to get more follicles from me, and I know he's trying to make the best of my insurance coverage so he should really be a rockstar in my eyes (we are covered for unlimited IUI, but IVF coverage is more limited), but I feel like we are basically wasting time until I can do a July IVF (at the earliest). He KNOWS we are MFI, and a positive from an IUI is like a pipe dream, so you would think he would try his hardest to make this cycle work. He keeps bringing up my age, and that I'm still young. But that means very little when you have been trying for 3 years and have never in your life seen a BFP.

Sorry for that colossal vent of frustration. I swear I'm not normally like this :-S
  • O2girl said:
    Ladies best of luck to all of you!! AFM: I am benched for at least 6 months as I have treatment with Lupron for that long. Xo
    I am so, so sorry to hear this :( It's so unfair. Just wanted to tell you that I, an internet stranger, think you're very brave, and wish you the best of luck.
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    19-year history of endometriosis. Multiple surgeries and cyst removals. Forced directly into IVF due to blocked tubes and severe adhesions.
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #1 - Dec 2013 - Only 1 normal. Ended in CP
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #2, at CCRM - March 2014!
    14R, 12 ICSI'd, 11F, 6 for CCS, 5 healthy blasts frozen!
    Two 5BB blasts transferred 9/10; First beta 9/19: 109; second beta 9/22: 550!
    EDD: 5/29/15

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @O2Girl that sucks, I'm sorry you are benched for so long. What do they hope the long treatment of Lupron will do?

Me 37 y/o, DH 45 y/o; DH vasectomy reversal (his 2nd marriage) 11/8/12; TTC since 12/8/12. IVF due to MFI. DOR diagnosis April 2015.

IVF #4.2 April 2015 - Lupron Stop Protocol with ICSI = PGD testing of embryo indicated it was abnormal

Everyone welcome!

• BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
    edited May 2014
    @intheplanningstage‌ I am sorry your benched. Good luck in July!!!

@O2girl‌ that's rough. I am so sorry you need to wait 6 months. I've been there (waiting list) and it sucks. Your strong and I'm wishing you all the best on your next cycle. Hugs to you and YH :(

AFM not much. Had saline sono this morning. I took a xanax because I always get myself worked up. Now I'm ready to fall asleep!! Can't wait to leave work lol.

QOTW: Sad to say nothing :( Maybe trying to not eat so many pastries??

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Thanks for posting the check in!  I'm currently waiting for my timeline/protocol.  I'm getting anxious and am really frustrated, because this is so last minute - baseline is May 28th - 30th, which means that Lupron should start around right now.  Hopefully I get my timeline tomorrow. 

I usually just stop drinking caffeine and alcohol once the cycle gets close.  It's pretty easy for me, since I don't drink much anyway and I don't like caffeine.  I exercise the same and eat the same, though.  Maybe I should start eating healthier - I'm thinking of going on a "healthy foods" diet - no real regiment, just more "good for you" foods. 
  • O2girlO2girl member
    Carol77B said:

@O2Girl that sucks, I'm sorry you are benched for so long. What do they hope the long treatment of Lupron will do?

They hope that the Lupron will suppress m adenomyosis enough that I can actually carry a baby :(
    Since my recent loss my RE is throwing around trying one las time with the Lupron then he said surrogacy... We can't afford the surrogacy so fx this works.
    Me: 38
    DX:  Adenomyosis, Compounded MTHFR, PAI-1 4G variant

MFI due to Testicular Cancer

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    FET #1 with 2 polar bears ~Nov 6, 2013 BFN :(
    FET # 2 with 2 more polar bears ~March 19, 2014 BFP!!!
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    4/19/14 ~ baby A became an angel
    5/02/14 ~ baby B became an angel
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    FET #3 with 1 male polar bear ~October 3, 2014
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN
    Fur Children:  Memphis 3y, Dutch 3y, Marcel 2y, Meadow 1y

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2015 Siggy Challenge TTCAL
    Animals Interacting with Snow

• O2girl said:

Carol77B said:

@O2Girl that sucks, I'm sorry you are benched for so long. What do they hope the long treatment of Lupron will do?

They hope that the Lupron will suppress m adenomyosis enough that I can actually carry a baby :(
    Since my recent loss my RE is throwing around trying one las time with the Lupron then he said surrogacy... We can't afford the surrogacy so fx this works.
    Oh my. Will be thinking positives thoughts for you on this next cycle.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• pjpahelpjpahel member
    Hello ladies!

Its nice to see all the updates this evening.  I am still taking OCP's, waiting to start lupron around the 28th.

I have been a little more lax with my changes this time.  I am still doing accupuncture, watching my diet, keeping minimal carbs.  I need to cut back on caffeine.  That is my goal over the next few weeks.

Pj
    *~*Signature Warning*~*
    Me: 35 Healthy
     DH: 44 vasectomy with failed reversal. 
    IVF #1: Follistim/Ganirelix: 10 retrieved, 4 perfect embies. 2 transferred, 2 frosties = BFN
     IVF #2: Follistim/Ganirelix: 11 retrieved, 1 perfect embie transferred = BFP Willow 4/14/11 
    FET #1: 2 frosties, neither survived the thaw
     IVF #3 Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix 4 retrieved, 1 perfect embie transferred = BFN 
    IVF #4 Microdose Lupron/Bravelle/Menopur: 8 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 2 transferred, 2 Frozen: Beta 1: 63, #2: 51, #3:148 #4: 537 #5 2204.  US #1: very small gestational sac.  US#2: Empty sac 

• babycakestxbabycakestx member
    edited May 2014
    Hi. I need to join June bugs. follow up with RE on Friday for my hysteroscopy last week. waiting for AF. 

QOTW - continuing acupuncture and started back juicing. Carrot, pear, orange, lemon today!
    Me 37 DH 40 
    TTC since 2008, Unexplained IF 
    IUI #1 clomid + trigger, BFN 12/12 
    IVF #1 getting ready for June cycle --  dhea, royal jelly, l arginine & acupuncture

• pblgepblge member
    @O2Girl - So sorry. ((hugs)) Being benched sucks. Hope that you can find some way to make these 6 months good for you and your OH, and that you get good answers from your testing.

@intheplanningstages - Yikes! More bad news. :( Hope you get cleared to cycle soon!

@gsancho and @babycakestx - Welcome!! Gsancho, I called it IVF #1 - Take Two. Is that okay?

So many people doing healthy things! :D

• pblgepblge member
    ...And I just realized I probably don't need to keep changing the original post. LOL! This is the first time I've run one of these check-ins, so I'm being foolish.
    :-/

• katib77katib77 member
    Hi ladies, stopped estrogen and progesterone supps on Sunday (suppression) and should get AF any day now.  Baseline is Friday and start stims Sat.  

QOTW:  I started 600iu CoQ10 three months prior.  As for diet, come Friday I will once again stop drinking more than one or two soda/coffee a day.  Which for me is huge as I am a major caffeine girl.  Aside from that - as a diabetic - I've always had a very balanced diet that I stick to.  But during IVF I try to make sure I'm getting at least two servings of fruit a day, and a good balance of protein/starch/veggies.  I don't drink alcohol all that much, but once stims start I stop. So I'm thinking of making DH take me out Friday night for dinner and a few mixed drinks ;)  

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Hi Ladies!  I started lupron last night and my last BCP is on Saturday.

QOTD:  After transfer last IVF I gave up coffee/caffeine which was HUGE for me.  I decided since we were cycling again right away might as well keep it going (though I will occasionally have a caffeinated tea).  I also started acupuncture this week for the first time, my second appointment is tonight.  I did the C+B IVF program for both IVFs and plan on doing the FET one the time around. 
                        imageimage

image  imageimage
                      imageimage

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility, probable endometriosis
    Feb-April 2013: Femara + TI: BFN
    May - September 2013:  Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#1-4 = BFN
    IVF # 1 November 2013: transferred 1 perfect blast = BFN
    IVF # 2 April 2014: Endo scrape, transferred 2 blasts = BFP!! (first ever!), CP
    FET #1 June 2014: transferred 2 blasts = BFFN
    New Dx: Repeat Implantation Failure
     IVF # 3 November 2014 = BFP!!  Beta #1 9dp5t 272  Beta # 2 11dp5dt 626
    It's Twins! 
    *everyone welcome*
  • Hi all! Sorry I'm a day late. Hope everyone is doing well. AFM, I took my last BCP last night and waiting on the second part of my order for meds to come today. We should be getting this party started within the next week or so. (Worst party ever!)

QOTD: I don't have any plans to make major changes this cycle. I eat and live healthy, have been taking the same supplements for ages and have had different outcomes each cycle. I've asked the RE about 100 different questions about things like going from 80mg of caffeine to 0mg and she just says "you're reaching". Don't get me wrong, I think it makes sense to be as healthy as we can be when investing the money and emotional energy in IVF that we do. I guess over the past 4 years of TTC I've optimized the healthy living strategy!
    *** TW ***
    2013: BFP #1 - M/C 3/13
    2014: IVF #1-4 = BFFN
    2015: Dance break = got healthy
    7/2016: IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • O2girl said:
    They hope that the Lupron will suppress m adenomyosis enough that I can actually carry a baby :( Since my recent loss my RE is throwing around trying one las time with the Lupron then he said surrogacy... We can't afford the surrogacy so fx this works.
    Sending thoughts and prayers that the Lupron will work. I'm so sorry.

Everyone welcome!

• Hey there!! New to the bump...I've mostly posted on the WTE site but figured id slide over here after being recommended by a friend. TTC for over a year now. My DH is 42 I'm turning 30 in a few weeks. My DH had a vasectomy from his prior marriage and a vasovasostomy that only worked for a few months before developing scar tissue. So we have his guys on ice now and ivf was our only route. Other than a prolactin issue that's being fixed with meds I'm a perfectly healthy woman. Until I started my first cycle this past February. First ivf cycle I only got 11 eggs and we transferred 2 on a 3dt bfn none to freeze. Second ivf cycle in April... 18 retrieved transferred 1 on a 5dt bfp ending in a chemical none to freeze. According to my RE I'm a terrible responder for my age and health. He believes that the evil bcp I take prior to my cycle is hurting my production. So this cycle I'm doing the viville patch every other day starting Friday along with 3 days of ganirelix then waiting on AF as long as my baseline is good I'll start stims the first week of June with a er and et mid to late June. Switching from bravelle to Gonal F and triggering with lupron this time around.
    QOTD: (shout out to jaztaz1) She convinced me into doing some clean eating so I try at least one meal a day to be clean. I plan on doing the pineapple on transfer date again and adding Brazilian nuts into the mix this time too. Cycle 1 no pineapple bfn cycle 2 added pineapple bfp cp tho. Third time is the charm right?
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

• ttc23ttc23 member
    edited May 2014
    Hi ladies. I'm on CD4 and day 3 of stims. Start orgalutran tomorrow morning and have first ultrasound, blood test and intralipid infusion next Tuesday. QOTD: I've been taking melatonin, coq10, fish oil and vitamin d for 4 months to try and improve egg quality. I have cut right back on sugar since starting stims and am keeping a high protein low carb diet. I drink red raspberry leaf tea to help with my lining. My treat at the end of the day is 1-2 squares of dark chocolate. I've started acupuncture again this cycle which I haven't done for the last 3 cycles and I'm really enjoying it. I also listen to an IVF specific meditation cd on the drive to and from work (don't worry I don't close my eyes but just try and visualise what the lady is saying).

TTC since mid-2011---Husband and I both late 20's---
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and dye test in Sep 2012- moderate endometriosis removed---
    Diagnosed with unexplained infertility---
    Clomid cycle 1 in Feb 2013- BFN---
    Clomid cycle 2 in Mar 2013- BFN---
    IVF #1 in May 2013- BFN---
    IVF #2 in August 2013-BFN---
    Endometrial biopsy identified high natural killer cells---
    FET #1 in Oct 2013-delayed---
    FET #1 in Nov 2013 with Intralipids-BFN---
    FET #2 in January 2014- BFN---

IVF #3 in March 2014 (new doctor new plan)-BFFN
    IVF #4 in June 2014 (last cycle with own eggs)- BFN
    IVF #5 in September 2014 (with donor eggs)- BFP plus 6 frozen blasts :)

http://tryingtoconceiveafamily.blogspot.com.au/

May Emerald / August Shooting Star / October Precious Pumpkin / November Harvest Hopeful / January Snowdrops / March Shimmering Shamrocks / June Bugs

• pblgepblge member
    Welcome @Justone13! FWIW, 18 retrieved sounds like a good retrieval to me! Were they mature? What are your fertilization rates? You might try getting a second opinion after this cycle if you don't have success.

Good luck!

• Thanks. Unfortunately the maturity rate was much less actually less than half then even after Icsi we are only ending up with 1 or 2 to transfer and none to freeze. It always looks great on the sonogram and bloodwork but then this keeps happening. First and second cycle we used the same protocol but this one we changed it to the bcp free cycle (which I'm thankful for because I hate hate hate the bcp!!) lol

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 

• gsanchogsancho member
    Good morning!  Just a correction that I'm not FET, yet.  I will be a freeze all after retreival, but the FET won't be until maybe August.  So I can be put under the prepping category.  Thanks!

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • I had my IVF consult last night.  According to the RE's nurse, I am still a June Bug!!!   I started by BCP earlier this week and now priming for my IVF cycle.  I should be starting my stims about mid June, I think about the 13th or so.   I am all excited and nervous all in one.  It is looking like I will be one of the latest ones to know.  

QOTD:  My only change will be fooling my friends with cranberry juice in wine glass instead of the red wine.  
    I am 37 and DH is 40
    10/2012 Start TTC
    09/2013 Finally got to see the RE 12/2013 HSG-both tubes clear
    01/2014 Large Cyst Removed along with right ovary and tube
    04/2014 2nd HSG-Remaining tube damaged/blocked
    05/2014 Testing cycle and BCP to prep for IVF
    06/2014 IVF cycle #1 is scheduled cancelled due to low estrogen
    07/2014 Started Estrace to help with my estrogen issues
    08/2014 IVF cycle #2 is scheduled delayed
    09/2014 IVF cycle #2 is scheduled failed- 6 follicles, 1 retrieved, 0 fertilized
    10/2014 WTF scheduled for 10/22 and second opinion scheduled for 10/10
    11/2014 Moving on to the new RE!  
    01/2015 IVF cycle #3 is scheduled delayed
    02/2015 IVF cycle #3 is scheduled

• @Justone13 welcome, I'm sorry you are here. I'm in a similar situation (although I'm older, my numbers are pretty good and my RE didn't think we would have any problems with IVF!) My husband's reversal was only partially successful- not enough to knock me up but enough for the ICSI/PICI. We also have frozen as a back-up, because our doctor is concerned that his scar tissue may get worse. It sounds like we are on a similiar protocol for IVF #3 and a similiar timeline (I start the Vivelle patch on Monday).

I did the pineapple core with both of my transfers, on the recommendation of my acupunturist, who specializes in fertility. I have yet to get a BFP, but I'm hoping third times the charm for me, too. Good luck!

Everyone welcome!

• @Justone13‌ I can relate a bit as well. My first IVF (antagonist) I had 9R, 7M, 7F. Much better response than our RE expected. We thought we were in the clear but by day 5 the embryos left were slow growing and that cycle was a BFN. Second cycle we switched to Microflare and ended up with 11R, 7M, 0F. No one knows why.

@Carol77B‌ - just read your sig; I am going back to antagonist for IVF #3 as well. Let's hope 3rd time is the charm for both of us!
    *** TW ***
    2013: BFP #1 - M/C 3/13
    2014: IVF #1-4 = BFFN
    2015: Dance break = got healthy
    7/2016: IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Geez I'm sorry you have been through all of this crap too. It's beyond frustrating. Is this your first time on this type of protocol? I did a normal lupron cycle the first 2 times. Looks like we are cycle buddies!

Long of the Short:
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 

• pblgepblge member
    gsancho said:
    Good morning!  Just a correction that I'm not FET, yet.  I will be a freeze all after retreival, but the FET won't be until maybe August.  So I can be put under the prepping category.  Thanks!
    Oops! Fixed it. Sorry!

• hopefulsprouthopefulsprout member
    edited May 2014
    @pblge Hi there! I don't mind at all, though I'm not sure I am any help. I just heard from my NP that I need to stay on 50 mg of synthroid this afternoon. I wish I knew what my actual levels were before and after, but she just tells me what I need to take (it was low before). Maybe I should be more assertive that I want my actual levels? I have thought this before but haven't pushed it. It seems like women here know more about their bodies than I do! That's a scary thing to admit...

*** Siggy/Ticker Warning *****
    TTC June 2011 ///  RE Jan 2013  /// DX: DH (30) - low morph, Me (30) - irregular ovulation 
    Clomid cycle March 2013 - BFN /// IUI #1 April 2013 - BFN /// IUI #2 June 2013 - BFN 
    IVF w/ICSI- Oct 2013 - ER Oct. 15 (10 mature, 6 fertilized)
    ET  Oct. 27 2013 - BFN
    FET #1 Feb. 21 2014 - BFN 
    FET #2 Jun. 5 2014 - BFP! Beta #1: 253, Beta #2: 628, u/s revealed singleton w/116 bpm! EDD 2/23/15

image image

• @hopefulsprout I find that my clinic also doesn't give me #'s unless I ask which I found frustrating.  Now I just politely ask for the specific numbers and they don't have any problem giving me the info. 
                        imageimage

image  imageimage
                      imageimage

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility, probable endometriosis
    Feb-April 2013: Femara + TI: BFN
    May - September 2013:  Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#1-4 = BFN
    IVF # 1 November 2013: transferred 1 perfect blast = BFN
    IVF # 2 April 2014: Endo scrape, transferred 2 blasts = BFP!! (first ever!), CP
    FET #1 June 2014: transferred 2 blasts = BFFN
    New Dx: Repeat Implantation Failure
     IVF # 3 November 2014 = BFP!!  Beta #1 9dp5t 272  Beta # 2 11dp5dt 626
    It's Twins! 
    *everyone welcome*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"