September 2013 Moms

Sleep regression

DD is a little over 8 months old. For the last week or so, she is waking up pretty much ever hour. The longest sleep we have gotten is 3.5 hours and that only happens once a night. I've tried Tylenol in case her teeth are bothering her, and I've tried feeding her. DD has STTN since 4 months old. Is this a common phase at this age? She is fine during the day (nothing seems to be bothering her). But she wakes up screaming at night. She usually goes back to sleep if we give her the binkie. But when I lay her down at bed time, she's hysterical which she has never done. I could count on one hand how many times she didn't go to sleep easily.

So my question is, is this a typical phase or something I should call the dr about? I've heard eat infections can only bother kids at night. I know it can't hurt to call the dr, but I'm just curious if anyone else has been through this type of sleep regression. She honestly slept better when she was a week old.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleep regression

• DD is almost 8 months old and she does the same. I can't think of any reason either. I've given Tylonol, make sure she's full, but she wakes up every two hrs on a good night. She's super easy to put back down ( maybe five minutes of nursing) but it sure is annoying. She is sleep trained and puts herself to sleep at night but it's not doing jack for the MOTN.
    Her naps are one to two hours long though and sometimes longer so I've thought about not letting her sleep as long because I can't think of anything else. And this has been happening for over a month now.

Sorry I'm not help. Just wanted to let you kno you're not alone. Hang in there momma!
  • My 8 month old has been doing the same. Last night is the first time in a couple of weeks he STTN. From what I'm reading it's normal at this age because of their development plus teething- just hoping it passes quickly!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like I'm not alone in this. I sure hope this is a quick phase.

class="Quote" rel="jnetx">Separation anxiety?

She goes to a babysitter almost every day while I work. Would she still get seperation anxiety? This could be possible cause because a lot of the times at night she will continue to cry for my husband but as soon as I hold her she stops.
  • tinab3tinab3 member
    How about wonder week 37?  My baby always has sleep regressions during those times.  I've been going through it recently myself.  This one usually peaks around 36 weeks, but can start as early as 34 and can last through 37 weeks.  Just remember to go by due date and not birth date.  My lil guy just STTN last night for the first time in weeks so I'm hoping he's coming to the end of it.  Hope that helps.  I feel like a lot of times teething gets blamed for different things and sometimes that can be it of course but maybe this is it.  I hope your LO starts sleeping better!!
  • tinab3 said:

How about wonder week 37?  My baby always has sleep regressions during those times.  I've been going through it recently myself.  This one usually peaks around 36 weeks, but can start as early as 34 and can last through 37 weeks.  Just remember to go by due date and not birth date.  My lil guy just STTN last night for the first time in weeks so I'm hoping he's coming to the end of it.  Hope that helps.  I feel like a lot of times teething gets blamed for different things and sometimes that can be it of course but maybe this is it.  I hope your LO starts sleeping better!!

That's interesting. I forgot about those. It does say that they can have nightmares and wake up screaming. She is doing that. But that doesn't explain the crying at bedtime. I know Wonder Weeks can lead to extra fussiness though.
  • ajbookajbook member
    This is happening with us too! Dd used to sleep so well, but recently she's been up multiple times a night and is a terror to put down at bedtime.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
  • Juliebird8307Juliebird8307 member
    edited May 2014
    Last night may have been the worst one, and I've already had two wake ups tonight and it's not even 10pm. I keep getting more and more tired each day. This wouldn't be so tough if I could at least get 3 hours of straight sleep a couple times a night!

Edit: we were up 10 times between 8pm and 6:15am. She usually sleeps from 8pm - 7:15 but she seems to be awake for good right now. I don't understand how she isn't exhausted too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"