VBAC

Any successful vbac stories for women with advanced maternal age ( and no prior vaginal delivery )

HTBaby13HTBaby13 member
Just hoping . . .

Re: Any successful vbac stories for women with advanced maternal age ( and no prior vaginal delivery )

• I was 35 when I had my second, which was a vbac, so technically I was AMA. Age never came up as a factor, though. In fact, I don't think it really changed my care that much either. My first was breech, so I never even went into labor with him. You can do it!
  • Thank you . Ill be almost 39 . Otherwise the same my first was breech . Also this baby will be probably 8 and a half lbs like my first . I'm also a little overweight. . Very nervous .
  • Loading the player...
  • i am 35. sucessful natural birth vbac in a hospital. no vbac issues at all, just delivered 2 days ago  i labored at home until the  contractions were close together waiti.g for my parents to warch dd1. was at 8 when i arrived. labored2 hrs and delivered a healthy baby girl.  i did have a bit of second degree tearing due to her hand by her face. no complications due to my previous cs. i will say recovery during these first few days is harder than the cs, due to the tearing and extreme muscle fatigue in my pelvic area.
  • CMDR513CMDR513 member
    Close to AMA (34). I am also overweight. DS was an emergency CS after a failed induction (with fetal distress) at 36.5 weeks due to pre-e. DD came via unmedicated VBAC 10 days before scheduled RCS.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Like pp's mentioned, the reason for your prior c/s seems to be a good indicator for your chances. I've been to 3 OB's since my c/s and none of them made any mention of age, but ALL asked about my history.

My c/s was due to 'failure to progress', so I have a lower chance for success than say, someone who's LO was breech. Still hoping though....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"