May 2012 Moms
Options

Done tossing and turning, just going for it

So for the past few months DH and I have been discussing having another baby. I've been having a lot of anxiety about it due to previous losses, but mainly stress and obligations I'm feeling toward my job. I was just promoted to a job I LOVE at the beginning of the new year, but it comes with a LOT of stress and responsibility. I've been holding myself back from expanding our family making excuses like "I don't want to leave so soon after them giving me this job", "we're getting into busy season, it's not a good time", "the administrative assistant is pregnant, I should give it time so there isn't 2 of us away at the same time", "I need to take advantage of the opportunity since I'm not sure if I'll continue to work afterwards or stay home", and the list goes on. I'm still having anxiety, but I've decided to stop taking BC and just let it happen when it's going to happen. I know there will never be a good time, but I know it will all work itself out in the end. 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Done tossing and turning, just going for it

• Options
    ebl2ebl2 member
    We said the same thing with DD and this pregnancy, you'll always find an excuse as to why it's not the perfect time. I wouldn't change anything about when we had DD. I'm sure everything will work out and be just fine for you too, good luck! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• Options
    How exciting! It will be great
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hooray!!! TTC here also! There are plenty of reasons I came up with, too (primarily financial and living in a small 2 bedroom house) but at 41 we figure it's now or never, and I agree, it will work itself out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @littleredfish I don't remember your age but the TTC after35 board is amazing. Very supportive.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Exciting News! Congrats and good luck. When we first found out we're expecting # 2 I was SO worried about finances and my husband told me that we will figure it out. He pointed out that before we had DD I didn't think we'd be able to afford daycare, diapers, etc and we're doing it fairly comfortably, which was reassuring.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! We're really excited, but I'm still nervous. That's the downfall of being such a planner. Spontaneity gives me anxiety lol. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Congrats! I understand the anxiety. We have so much going on right now, that I keep pushing back. This weekend we decided to just go for it. Really want another one and everything else will just work itself out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"