Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Sleepless

My little guy is just short of 6mo.  I dont expect him to sleep "through the night" but more than 2 hours at a time would be amazing!  He falls asleep just fine at night, the problem is staying asleep. 

I feel like I have tried so much.  I have done white noise, music, a mattress vibration thing to soothe him (all of these things have timers so they are generally off in about 30 min, boooo timers), he has been swaddled, I put him in a sleep sack, he has been put to bed with a passifier and always goes to bed a full tummy (he nurses before bed and has started solid food as well which he usually eats about an hour or so before bed).  All these things are great for falling asleep but what will keep him alseep???

Re: Sleepless

• If you scroll down there are several posts, back to back even, on sleepless babies. 

There is no magical solution. It is what it is. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How are his naps? Sleep begets sleep.
  • Loading the player...
  • Also, have you ever read the baby whisperer solves your problems? It's a gentle no cry way to get baby on a consistent routine to help them sleep. I highly recommend it, though I know this post is going to get a lot of criticism from all the mommy martyrs out there who don't believe that babies need consistency in their day. It would help with the sleep though. Babies need better sleep too, it's food for their brain.
  • I highly recommend it, though I know this post is going to get a lot of criticism from all the mommy martyrs out there who don't believe that babies need consistency in their day. 
    Or, you know, the ones who realize it's just not that simple.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks Carmen101613. He is a good napper. He loves his almost two hour nap right after I leave for work in the morning. My little man just doesn’t want to sleep when I want to sleep. I will check out the baby whisperer. And while I know every baby is unique and there may not be one blanket solution to sleep, I also realize that knowledge is power and the more research I do the better off I am!  So thanks again Carmen!!! 

• RedDDDRedDDD member
    are you putting him down drowsy but awake?  or is he going down totally asleep?  you need to start putting him down drowsy but awake.  This teaches the baby to fall asleep on their own .  When they don't know how to fall asleep on their own but require some sort of assistance to fall asleep then when they wake up (which they do several times per night) they don't know how to get themselves back down.  Then they cry and the cycle begins again.  Read this site...its very helpful.  GL!
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• RedDDDRedDDD member
    Agreed with dani_brewer the key is consistency so if you are constantly trying different things then there is no consistency.
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"