Parenting

Kicked out of Mom's group

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Kicked out of Mom's group

• my5sonsmy5sons member
    That's messed up. I'd be pissed. Not cool, Meetup mom group.
  • Loading the player...
  • That's so fucked up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I also was kicked out of one. I should have known when they politely encouraged that I not join because I am a WM. So to say fuck you I joined anyway. 

(There were no dues...that would have been dumb on my part). 
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • LaurelBeeLaurelBee member
    edited May 2014
    I'm on the "Exec Board" for my town's mom's group and this is standard. If you're not going to be active, then you get booted to make room for other moms who will be more active. Also, if there were no playgroups you could take part in, you could have hosted your own.
    Eta- but if you showed interest, we would of course work with you! Or at least time to RSVP to something on the calendar
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller

• How long between 1st email and getting booted??

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Yeah, I'm in the "that's ridiculous" camp. Why bother kicking someone out bc they're not active? Just let them be, even if they only make it out once in a while.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ShakeyJakeyShakeyJakey member
    edited May 2014

And actually I just saw one posted for next week that I planned to go to. 

Did you tell the group mod or whatever that?

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 
  • OlegnaOlegna member
    LaurelBee said:
    I'm on the "Exec Board" for my town's mom's group and this is standard. If you're not going to be active, then you get booted to make room for other moms who will be more active. Also, if there were no playgroups you could take part in, you could have hosted your own. Eta- but if you showed interest, we would of course work with you! Or at least time to RSVP to something on the calendar
    The mom's group I initially joined sounds like the set up above.  It had an executive board, newsletters, and was beyond organized.  Here I was thinking I was joining some simple group to meet other mom's but it was at a whole different level.  They had a tally count of the number of events you went to and regardless of paying you're dues if you did not meet the minimum required events you received a warning/kicked out.  They also assigned new members a mentor.  It wasn't for me since I was looking for something a little more laid back and with more working mom friendly hours.  

Since then though I've joined a meetup group that is much more laid back.   You can set up events yourself without going through the "board".   I'd suggest maybe creating one yourself and stating it is all inclusive working and stay at home parents.  It might be a better route....
    If I were to join one, I'd be looking for a simple laid back one rather than structured, keeping tabs on everyone kind of group. I have never joined one; so I cant speak from experience. However, when I here of groups that are run so rigorously I cant help but get the impression that its cult like.
    Forgiveness sets YOU free!
  • SJandVASJandVA member
    I think this is pretty standard. I agree though that you should have been able to stay since you paid the fees. 
    A friend of mine ran one and the meetup site cost money to run. Some groups are looking for a tight knit group with very active members. But that should have been stated in their policies.
     I was in one with my first DD and they asked that you came to 3 activities a month. I made some great friends but there was also drama. I refuse to join another group, too many rules. 
    Also, $15 sounds high for fees to just keep website up. You should ask for money back.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Our group is run like a sorority too @JellyBellyStar‌ That was the main reason I joined the exec board, so I could try to turn things around and make it more about the kids and less about cliquey drama. This is my 2nd year on it. Not only am I done being on the exec board, I'm done with the group. I can't do this shit any more... We even kicked a mom out bc her kid bit another kid!

Rap Roller
  • I just get sick of hearing the excuse "I couldn't go to anything." HOST YOUR OWN dammit. Not meant at you @MotherOfPearl85‌ bc obviously, you tried.

Rap Roller
  • I love my mom's group. we started on meetup and then moved to facebook. We don't have family in the area and they have been super supportive. You may just need to find a group that's the right fit. 

• I didn't realize that a mom groups with dues and so much organization were even a thing.  It kind of makes me anxious just thinking about it.  I'm pretty sure if I stayed at home, I'd turn my kid into a hermit.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"