May 2014 Moms
Options

GD mamas in the home stretch come in

yvanehtniojyvanehtnioj member
edited May 2014 in May 2014 Moms
I'm at 38 weeks and increasing my Glyburide to 5mg (up from 1.25 & 2.5). Increasing it to 2.5mg only worked 2 out of the last 5 mornings. I take it before bed to control fasting glucose and I have consistently gotten numbers in the 90s, which a couple mornings of 109. It's like the stars have to align to wake up below 90! If I shove down a handful of almonds (with no other lactose or carb) right before I go to sleep, that does seem to help. But I feel like I'm getting too close to delivery to keep trying to figure out how to outsmart my fasting glucose with snacks.

How are the other GD mamas doing? What are your meds/strategies and have they needed to be changed in these final weeks?

imageimageimage
H e n r y  May 21, 2014

Re: GD mamas in the home stretch come in

• Options
    I'm totally a dirty lurker on here, but thought I'd chime in with what has helped me. I'm on the max dose of glyburide now because without it, I couldn't handle more than maybe 15-30 carbs all day, with none at breakfast, and constantly had fasting sugars over 105. What finally worked for me is a half pill at breakfast (allows me to have a tiny bit of carbs with breakfast, and a little more with lunch), a half pill with dinner (allows me to have some carbs with dinner) and then, 2 weeks ago, my doc recommended trying another half pill around 2-3am (since I'm up to pee anyway) to see if that would help with fasting glucose. Taking it at bedtime, regardless of what snack I had, never worked. So, I started that, and my fasting sugars are now usually in the 80s. 

Oh, I'm 38w3d today (I don't post on TB really anymore, so no new tickers or updated siggy here, sorry). Good luck, and I hope you can manage the GD for this last little bit. I'm so looking forward to not having to test anymore, not having to take the meds anymore, and getting to eat carbs again!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SAIFW
  • Options
    @whispergrrl‌ thanks for this advice! i will ask my dr about the early morning dose.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not on meds but am being induced next Monday due to GD. These final weeks have been killer. My blood sugar will drop or sky rocket during the day making me weak on my feet. I've gotten no advice about it from doctors. I am so ready for this to be over...
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"