May 2014 Moms
Options

Is this "pressure"?

I keep getting the feeling I have to poop ... But I don't. Or at least I can't... And I haven't been constipated lately. I took some miralax to see if it helps, but then it dawned on me - is this what people feel when they say they're feeling pressure?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Is this "pressure"?

• Options
    Yes! That and the constant need to pee, especially when standing up right after peeing. I don't always experience both, probably depends on where baby is at the time. But yeah, that would be rectal pressure. I've wasted so much time lately waiting to see if poop was coming.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    amrokeamroke member
    What pressure are you referring to? That's how some people describe the need to push (I believe mostly people who have a successful epi, the pushing was utter pain for me with my failed epi), is that what you mean?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    haylo33haylo33 member
    I have periods of intense pressure in my groin when the baby moves his head. Sometimes it feels like I have to poop, but I've gotten used to it so I know the difference now.
  • Options
    amroke said:

What pressure are you referring to? That's how some people describe the need to push (I believe mostly people who have a successful epi, the pushing was utter pain for me with my failed epi), is that what you mean?

Just random "oh man I have to poop" feeling that comes up randomly. It's happened twice today (I'm not in labor)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    That's what I've been feeling the last two days! Constantly have to pee intensely bad and feel like I have to poop but when I sit down I totally don't. I think she must have shifted her head or something. I also have almost constant vag lightning when I walk which is very annoying. Glad I'm officially on leave or I wouldn't make it!!
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    libbylu7 said:
    That's what I've been feeling the last two days! Constantly have to pee intensely bad and feel like I have to poop but when I sit down I totally don't. I think she must have shifted her head or something. I also have almost constant vag lightning when I walk which is very annoying. Glad I'm officially on leave or I wouldn't make it!!
    This has been the story of my life, off and on, for the last two weeks! This is my last week of work but I'm really wishing I was done already.
  • Options
    @libbylu7‌ ditto! The peeing has been going on for a while but the lightning crotch has really ramped up & the poop thing is all new. Maybe something's finally happening, lol!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @spacepotatoes‌ I can't imagine weeks of this!! Two days is enough to make me nuts!

@talkthewholetime‌ I hope something is happening! I do want a day or two off before she comes but id be fine with Wednesday. :-)
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Mamazon2014Mamazon2014 member
    edited May 2014
    If I've been sitting for a while and stand, the pressure is so intense that I can't even stand up straight for several minutes and I can barely walk. It is the worst in the morning when I have to use the restroom and there's times I'm not even sure I can make it down the stairs.

I also get the back cramps and feeling like I am on the verge of a massive BM. I swear it gets worse every day and the 22nd cannot come soon enough!

• Options

Yup, I started that this weekend, usually worse during a contraction. MH was wondering why I would spend so long in the bathroom and come out frustrated...

Yup, I started that this weekend, usually worse during a contraction. MH was wondering why I would spend so long in the bathroom and come out frustrated...

I hear you! When my contractions first started I felt like I had to go. And throw up too.

The pressure in the bum gets worse as the contractions get stronger. You'll feel the need to push! I went from 7 cm to 10 in like an hour. I kept saying I want to push! It was crazy fast.
  • Options
    The need to poop is intense! I keep running to the bathroom! DH is also very confused lol I hope this means she is getting super close!

That One Gal From Alaska :)

• Options

For real. I feel like I'm labouring down the poop.
  • Options
    deanna1313deanna1313 member
    edited May 2014
    @talkthewholetime‌ Same exact thing here! 38 weeks 5 days and I've been peeing non-stop for the entire pregnancy(maybe a little more now), but this pressure down there has been happening more often along with crotch lightening. Mostly it's just pressure between my butt and vagina, but I've felt the same need to poop feeling.

Fingers crossed for us!!!
  • Options
    cbrustcbrust member
    Good luck ladies! The day before my water broke I felt a lot of pressure towards my butt, mostly felt like a bowling ball was descending down. I had a successful epi and the L&D nurse said i would know I was "complete" when the pressure didn't go away after a contraction.
  • Options
    I'm experiencing these things as well. I almost feel like I can feel scar tissue from tearing during my previous 2 births. Like it's just going to bust back open at any minute. Maybe it's just weak pelvic floor muscles, but it's definitely uncomfortable!
  • Options
    I have been feeling the same thing. Just got back from the doctor and he says she's very low, so here's hoping these babies come soon for all of us!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"