July 2014 Moms
Options

BC plans for after baby...

2»

Re: BC plans for after baby...

• Options
    This! We would like one more at some point. ...

Nothing. We had a hell of a time conceiving this one so if we managed to get pregnant again on our own I would consider it a blessing.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm trying to convince husband to get a vasectomy but he's being funny about it which means it'll more likely be me getting something done if I can't change his mind (like carry a baby and labor isn't enough pain and discomfort?) because we aren't having any more.

Until we get something permanent sorted out, it'll be condoms IF I let him near me again.

I wanted to go back on the pill but the only one my body gets along with is one that doesn't go well with BFing so that's a no-go.

Those of you whose men-folk are getting a vasectomy, how did you manage to get him to agree?! Serious question!
    It was his idea. He is all set and ready after DD is born

• Options
    Non hormonal IUD until my boys are old enough to so things for themselves then I'll get my tubes tied. When LO is born, DS will be 20 months. After waiting 6 wks I'm not gonna have time to deal with more recovery time of a surgery so I'll wait the 5-10 years. This baby maker is closed after this one!
  • Options
    iris427iris427 member
    My husband's getting snipped.  Otherwise I'd get a Paragard IUD.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm done having babies. Tubal during the RCS. After DD we used Mirena for six months but it was so terrible I had it removed. We used NFP to prevent then to conceive very effectively for 2 years after that.

• Options

Non hormonal IUD until my boys are old enough to so things for themselves then I'll get my tubes tied. When LO is born, DS will be 20 months. After waiting 6 wks I'm not gonna have time to deal with more recovery time of a surgery so I'll wait the 5-10 years. This baby maker is closed after this one!

For all of you who want to get tubes tied, my friend had hers tied laparoscopically while she was still in the hospital after giving birth to her 4th. She had a vaginal birth, so they just did it laparoscopically. She said her recovery wasn't any different than the other 3 kids.

Might be worth asking your doctors if it's an option!

I asked my office and they absolutely will not do a tubal ligation immediately after birth if you have a vaginal delivery. The only way they will do it them is if it's a Csection. With my first, I had no issues with a vaginal deliver so I'm not expecting one this time either. Don't really need a longer recoop time besides the 6 wks.
  • Options
    AcsimAcsim member
    I wanted a hysterectomy during/after my c-section, but hubs wants to leave the option open for a 3rd. So, we will likely just use NFP as I can only take very few types of BCPs without horrific side effects, and nothing I can take is safe for during breastfeeding.

The hysterectomy is because I have to have one anyway in the next few years due to a long family history of ovarian cancer and carrying the BRCA genes. If I didn't have to worry about that crap, I'd be fine getting my tubes tied. I want to have the hysterectomy sooner than later. I will be a month shy of 32 when DD2 is born, and if we aren't pregnant with a 3rd before my 35th birthday, I'll go ahead with the surgery. My mother died very young and I will not waste time with my babies.
  • Options
    bc pill for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image
  • Options
    DH is getting a V and I will go on the Mirena till I am done breastfeeding.  Once I am no longer BFing, I will get Essure done.

13 yr old boy with ASD, ADHD and PICA, 11 yr old boy, 3 yr old Girl, & baby Girl.

imageimage

• Options
    We're thinking we're one and done, but don't want to make any rash decisions off the bat.  I've never done well with birth control- the hormones send me into a tailspin of depression and anxiety for some reason, no matter what I try, so I can't go that route.  My OB suggested I do Mirena, but I'm terrified of having that placed and then not knowing if it's that or PPD causing issues for me.  So I think we might just go the NFP route and hope for the best, and maybe consider Mirena down the line once I'm clear of PPD, until we make our final decision.
    imageimage

Alexander - 8/9/14
  • Options
    We will be doing NFP after this baby until we decide if we will try for a third or not. After we are sure we are done, DH will be getting a vasectomy.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    blacktie3blacktie3 member
    edited May 2014
    fmb2011 said:
    I'll go with an IUD, I had one previously and loved it! I had the Mirena before but with breastfeeding I'm not sure how I feel about the hormones in it.
    Me too, I also had Merina and had no issues, I might go with the para guard this time as its hormone free.  Haven't used a condom in about 17 years with my man so there is not way I'm going back to that now...YUCK!
    <<a href="http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Options
    atlilez said:
    We're thinking we're one and done, but don't want to make any rash decisions off the bat.  I've never done well with birth control- the hormones send me into a tailspin of depression and anxiety for some reason, no matter what I try, so I can't go that route.  My OB suggested I do Mirena, but I'm terrified of having that placed and then not knowing if it's that or PPD causing issues for me.  So I think we might just go the NFP route and hope for the best, and maybe consider Mirena down the line once I'm clear of PPD, until we make our final decision.
    atlilez They have a hormone free IUD called paraguard.  Its a cooper coil and it lasts 10 years.
    <<a href="http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Options
    This is the third time I have accidentally become pg in the three years due to Slip ups with BC. This is the only one that has made it far enough to be viable but SO says he will not touch me until one of us is fixed lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    abrazzabrazz member
    Acsim said:
    I wanted a hysterectomy during/after my c-section, but hubs wants to leave the option open for a 3rd. So, we will likely just use NFP as I can only take very few types of BCPs without horrific side effects, and nothing I can take is safe for during breastfeeding. The hysterectomy is because I have to have one anyway in the next few years due to a long family history of ovarian cancer and carrying the BRCA genes. If I didn't have to worry about that crap, I'd be fine getting my tubes tied. I want to have the hysterectomy sooner than later. I will be a month shy of 32 when DD2 is born, and if we aren't pregnant with a 3rd before my 35th birthday, I'll go ahead with the surgery. My mother died very young and I will not waste time with my babies.
    I'm facing this same issue.  I have to be tested for the BRCA (if mom's test comes back positive) genes as well and if I'm positive then I'm having a hysterectomy.  I will be 35 in two days, hope to nurse this baby for a year, then either DH gets snipped (if I come back negative for the gene) or I get another 6 weeks off for a sucky surgery.  I will take the mini pill like last time until this is all determined.  It did not affect my supply or cause any problems with my son.  I didn't take anything with my daughter and found out I was pregnant 3 days after she turned one.  That is not happening again lol.   

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    blacktie3 said:
    atlilez said:
    atlilez They have a hormone free IUD called paraguard.  Its a cooper coil and it lasts 10 years.

Derp, that's actually what I meant, and that's what the OB suggested because it's hormone-free.  I researched it on my own and found people still have side effects of anxiety and depression from it, which just sent me back to square one.
    imageimage

Alexander - 8/9/14
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    For all of you who want to get tubes tied, my friend had hers tied laparoscopically while she was still in the hospital after giving birth to her 4th. She had a vaginal birth, so they just did it laparoscopically. She said her recovery wasn't any different than the other 3 kids. Might be worth asking your doctors if it's an option!
    I'm not birthing in hospital so this isn't an option for me either.
    OH has agreed to a vasectomy and ever since then, whenever he wants me to do something, he plays the V card.

It's worth being his minion for a while if it means no more babies!
  • Options
    aliletz said:
    blacktie3 said:
    atlilez said:

Derp, that's actually what I meant, and that's what the OB suggested because it's hormone-free.  I researched it on my own and found people still have side effects of anxiety and depression from it, which just sent me back to square one.
    Everyone reacts to things differently.  You may be just fine, its really simple to remove if you don't like it ;)
  • Options
    I think I am going with an IUD combined with abstinence. Should be golden!
    BFP #1 4/6/09; EDD 12/6/09; miscarriage 4/10/09..............BFP #2 5/3/09; DD born 1/9/10........BFP #3 12/15/12, EDD 8/31/13; baby stopped growing at 5w3d; natural miscarriage..........BFP #4 2/8/13, EDD 10/20/13; missed miscarriage discovered 9w2d; d/c.......BFP #5 10/22/13, EDD 7/8/13; miscarriage 10/28/13..... BFP #6 11/19/13; DS born 7/29/14 {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"