May 2014 Moms

AW Your Crafts (and/or cats)

2»

Re: AW Your Crafts (and/or cats)

• XathXath member
    @gertiebarden‌ I love your stocking!! My mom made all of ours when we were little, but now she has arthritis in her hands. I'll probably end up with Pottery Barn stockings, which are just not the same.
    I'm hoping to do one for everyone in the house, but they're certainly time intensive.  I've done one for DS1 and DD so far and each one has taken me over a year of on/off work.  But the kits are very easy to follow along with.  Now that I'm on bed rest, I started on my husband's.

@absentmindedwife Is that thread?  I used to do line doodles like that all the time in school.  That looks really cool.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • XathXath member
    @arinias What are the other 4 ships you're doing for the mobile?
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
  • Loading the player...
  • There are not nearly enough cats in this thread. /sad

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• @AnnieA75 Those are so stinkin cute! Love it!

gertiebarden Are those Jayne hats I just happened to notice in your avatar photo?  So much awesomeness :)  I am also planning on making a tardis (half done), the U.S.S. Enterprise, the Millenium Falcon, and Moya from Farscape. We have an outer space themed nursery, this was an easy way to work in our sci/fi love without overloading the room with it. But I am not very practiced at amigurumi, and I am kind of winging it, so not sure how it will all come out. The Millenium Falcon I am really not looking forward to, but I can't find any good appropriately sized ones to buy either. But he won't care if they arent the best anyways.

Also your stocking is really beautiful. I can't imagine that much cross stitching, but I was never great at it anyways. And thanks for starting this thread! I love seeing everyone's projects!
  • XathXath member
    @Arinias Yes, they are Jayne hats.  :)  My MIL made matching hats for my H and DS1.  We are jumbo-nerds in this house.  I love your nursery theme, and want to see all of the ships.  
  • Scotty138 said:

I recently painted this birdhouse and wired it to be a night light.  It is hung on a decal I got from Target. I also have been working on a crib skirt and mobile.  My next project is making a slipcover for a recliner, but I don't know if it will get done before baby gets here.

Love this!

It's a BOY

• Just some burp cloths and a belly mat. And the fabric we picked out today for her rag quilt

It's a BOY

• Another project complete! Whew! The finished layette set, sadly I think it's going to be way too big for a newborn. 
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • XathXath member
    KellyQ116 said:
    Bumping an old thread bc I'm just so too excited to AW the cute mobile my mom and I finally finished together!! Also pictured a blanket she made. Nursery is finally coming together :)
    Those are adorable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"