2nd Trimester
Options

Registering for baby #2

2»

Re: Registering for baby #2

• Options

Bliss+Berry who's trying to change the tone of the board? If I were you I'd find another forum, it seems like you can't handle anyone else and their opinions.

Nicb13 I mean you would know. You keep stalking whatever I post.

Djcieply I think you were trying to reply to me but since you didn't name names, I'll just continue assuming. I'm sorry it takes you so long to figure out what you want for your baby and put it on a registry but believe me when I say people will buy you whatever they see fit. If you want something so badly go buy it yourself. I'm sure they're great suggestions but it's not going to kill you if you don't get exactly what you asked for. If any MTB ever got upset at someone who spent their hard earned cash on a child that's not theirs well she doesn't deserve a gift. 

Yes I was responding to you. I guess I dont understand the reasoning in not looking at a registry, why would you want to spend your hard earned cash on something that the person might not want, or gets 3 of before they open your gift? I have already gone through plenty of showers and never gotten mad at what people gifted me, whether it came off my registry or not. People dont make them to be gift grabby, like you are making it out to be. You have clearly stated in numerous posts you know nothing about registries so quite making assumptions about the people that do make them and know what their purpose is for. 
    photo dca9b006-0f54-4503-ad9d-536560d9d80f.jpg
    Mr C born 10/25/11  Miss M born 9/11/14
  • Options
    @Djcieply‌ :

Just to say-- sometimes I look at the registry & the items are out of my price range that I've budgeted for this expenditure. So I looked, but when someone registers for expensive baby items then it can affect what others choose to buy with their budget.

I buy what I want. Sure, it's nice to try to get things off the registry but I'm not going to go over budget because the MTB got happy with the price gun.

Honestly, it's not my problem if the MTB has to make returns or exchanges. Heaven forbid she have to work after her friends tried to be generous. The absolute horror!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Meery82Meery82 member
    Bliss+Berry who's trying to change the tone of the board? If I were you I'd find another forum, it seems like you can't handle anyone else and their opinions.

Nicb13 I mean you would know. You keep stalking whatever I post.

Djcieply I think you were trying to reply to me but since you didn't name names, I'll just continue assuming. I'm sorry it takes you so long to figure out what you want for your baby and put it on a registry but believe me when I say people will buy you whatever they see fit. If you want something so badly go buy it yourself. I'm sure they're great suggestions but it's not going to kill you if you don't get exactly what you asked for. If any MTB ever got upset at someone who spent their hard earned cash on a child that's not theirs well she doesn't deserve a gift. 

=))
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What is a completion coupon? Also what does DH stand for? This is my first baby I'm still learning all these acronyms!
  • Options
    Meery82Meery82 member
    ecarey123 said:
    What is a completion coupon? Also what does DH stand for? This is my first baby I'm still learning all these acronyms!
    A completion coupon is a percentage off, usually 10%, that you get to buy what's left on your registry. DH stands for Dear/Darling Husband. There is a whole list of bump terms somewhere that I'm sure someone can link for you (sorry, I forget where they are).
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    wildflower75wildflower75 member
    edited May 2014
    I'm not sure why people get so upset over this topic???

1) There are plenty of people that insist on throwing you a shower or a sprinkle even if you have one or more children already... some people just really love throwing parties and buying gifts...

2) Just because you register doesn't mean people have to buy you anything

3) I feel like the motive behind the original poster was more along the lines of "Am I forgetting anything I might possibly need for baby #2? "

Why is everyone soo agro?? Hormones?? Bad experience with someone asking you for gifts? 
    Let's all just take a break and breathe peace into our wombs...no need to get all worked up... not about this at least...
    :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Options
    So I didn't think I would have another shower but got wind that there is one being planned. I have a 7 year old daughter and this baby is a son so mom and sisters want to have one. I also wasn't going to do a registry but people are insisting (aunts, cousins, friends) that they would like me to so they don't buy things that we saved and are able to use from DD. I don't want to be looked at as gift grabby but I would rather get things that we need too, so I started a registry. *hangs head in shame*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• Options
    Why is everyone soo agro?? Hormones?? Yeah, no. Bad experience with someone asking you for gifts?  Again, no.
    Let's all just take a break and breathe peace into our wombs My IUD is just fine, it doesn't need "peace"....no need to get all worked up... not about this at least...
    :)

• Options

Why would you register for baby 2?
    Now if I had two babies that were close in age (1 or 2 years apart) then I definitely probably wouldn't register as I would think you would still have most big items to use and the small items could be down at a sprinkle shower.  But with my situation, I could see me registering again.

I adopted my son internationally and he came home when he was 12 months old.  Yes, I did have a shower for him but the things that were bought were not for newborns and I have absolutely NO stuff for newborns.  My son is no six, and since I didn't think I could get pregnant, we sold alot of our stuff.  Now, I know that was my choise and I don't expect anyone to buy me anything or have a shower, but I'm sure my close friends and family will want to get me some items.  If that turns out to be diapers and wipes, awesome.  If they want to get me a newborn carseat, great.  If not, we will borrow as many items as we can. 

I guess what I'm saying is there are different situations and of course, there is no obligation, but it is also kinda nice to have one the second time around.
  • Options

I must be tacky and gift gabby, my sister in law is throwing me another shower.  I'm not registering though.  I'm having a boy, DD is 3.  I'm sure ppl will just bring me diapers and boy clothes. 

Flame away.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"