May 2014 Moms
Options

Walking vs not

So I know walking is amazing for you with my older son I walked circles in the pool he came two days late. But this time around I feel like I'm much more pain and this weather isn't best pool weather like July was. I hardly walk and barely sit on my birth ball. I can say I'm not lazy and I just have the biggest fear of doing things by myself since my son and hubbs are both gone durin the day. What is everyone else doing? Relaxing in the couch watching Netflix like me, or doing somethig about being so uncomfortable and trying to get things moving?

Re: Walking vs not

• Options
    PattyTCPattyTC member
    FTM- I've been walking for weeks and made NO progress. We are due tomorrow and it looks like we are going to be late for sure. I've heard it helps with delivery but my friend did absolutely nothing and she had the easiest delivery ever. I'm not sure what to think. It might be a big waste of time but it helps me to get the fresh air.
  • Options
    Depends on how baby is sitting. I walked because he didn't drop. And in the end he didn't until I was fully dilated.

It's really not a guarantee with walking and the birthing ball. But I did stand through most of labour and pushing so gravity helped.

Just stay comfy and relax!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hurt so if we're home my ass is on the couch. We've done a little walking but not much and it was more for entertaining my kid without him climbing all over me.

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    Thank you ladies! I feel so much better! My sister laid a real guilt trip on me this morning for not walking one of my friends who just had a baby said the same things to me a bit ago when I also vented to her. I'm in so much pain and baby is already dropping and in position. Thanks for your responses and support! It's so greatly appreciated esp to hear that your obs/mws also said it's not a guarentee it will help. Thank you, thank YOU, THANK YOU!!
  • Options
    MrsT2008MrsT2008 member
    edited May 2014
    My solution to being uncomfortable is definitely to just sit on the couch.  I didn't walk that much the first time around either (and DD came 4 days early).  And I'm definitely way more uncomfortable this time but so much so that walking is barely even walking (and just makes me even more uncomfortable).  It's like a slow waddle with a hint of a limp thrown in there when my sciatic pain surfaces.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    Lild09Lild09 member
    I find if I sit around too much I'm also uncomfortable. We've finally gotten warm weather so I make a slow walk/waddle around my neighbourhood daily...I'm out for 30-45 min but it's nice to get fresh air. I also try to go out even just browsing at the mall bc sitting around waiting isn't going to help things go by any more quickly and this way my mind is somewhere else too! I do quite a bit of chilling on the couch and yoga ball watching day time tv, reading, snoozing. Trying not to overdue myself either you know? If it helps and he drops lovely, if not my mind is set that I'm going to 42 weeks and I'll need an intervention to get him out that way if he comes sooner It's just a bonus!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I try to walk at least 3 miles a day, between time at on the treadmill at lunch at the gym, and walking the dog at night. It hasn't really done anything to kick me into labor/dilate me, but I continue to do it because it feels good. Sitting too long at my desk really makes my back hurt and the walk helps a lot. I say do whatever makes you most comfortable!
    Charlotte June, Born May 29, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Work keeps me up and moving during the 8 -12 hr shifts. Since I've been on vacation this week (baby, you were supposed to come this week dang it), I've been a lazy bum. I'll be back on Monday and with work, lots of walking.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    mmksmmks member
    I walked a ton to try to go into labor w my son and it didn't do a thing or help me drop at all.  I'm walking when I can now that my sciatic pain has gone away (knock wood), since it's supposed to help relieve swelling.  But I'm not really worried if I don't get a walk in!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    At this point in the game, I just do whatever is most comfortable! I walked a little this morning, but am now chilling on the couch. Anyone who would give me a hard time for doing anything else would likely hear exactly how I feel about that.....
      BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    haylo33haylo33 member
    I'm up walking/running around most of the shift (12 hours) when I work and I don't think it has helped move things along. Maybe because my body is used to it, but when I'm home, I don't do much of anything. I don't think any of the natural methods really work. He will come when he is ready
  • Options
    lrmrtnlrmrtn member
    I'm going to go for walks when I'm off next week if the weather cooperates. It feels good and it actually helps the swelling. If it helps move the baby along, great. If not, oh well.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been going out walking every day this week, but I also spend a decent amount of time on the recliner due to my swollen feet. I try to sit on the ball a little each day, too. On Tues I was 2cm and partially effaced so I hope it is doing something!

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    britabbritab member
    I'm on my feet all day at work, so I'm counting that as my walking and exercise. Hang in there!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm lazier than usual (not working, napping every day) but i am still fairly active ... Going to target , running errands etc. Most evenings DH and I take our dog for a walk. Not to kickstart anything, just for general "get out of the house / health". Maybe at 39 weeks I'll kick up the walking
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    eemierseemiers member
    I'm walking daily several miles. If I don't my body hurts a lot worse. Currently 1 cm 70 % effaced and2 days overdue :(

• Options
    Dr told me that walking helps baby drop and get into position for labor more than really inducing it. I have a lot of pain when I walk too much, so I'm not walking like I did with my son, and she said it's no big deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"