May 2014 Moms

My beautiful baby boy is finally here!!!!!

I had my gorgeous baby a few days ago but what a labor!!!! I had a cerclage removed a few weeks and had dilated to 5 weeks but no labor. On saturday night i had a massive bleed and went straight to the hospital. Hooked up to the monitor, they told me i was definately having contractions. After a few hours i started feeling them and had the epidural. After a few hours the nurses said i was 10cm and had to start pushing. Of course because i had had the epidural i didnt feel anything and thought " this is easy"!!!!   boy was i wrong!!!

After about an hour of pushing this baby was just putting sooooo much pressure on my pelvis but i could not push him out! the nurses were getting very frustrated with me but i was in so much pain. The nurse finally bought in the doctors as an incentive to push the baby out. They estimated the baby to be about 8 pounds and that why i had so much trouble pushing him out. After about another hour and a half, and the entire staff yelling at me, i manged to push his head out far enough so the doctors could pull him out!!!! He weighed 9lb 6 ounces!!! I was in so much pain that i barely looked at him. I was just bawling my eyes out from the pain and my son was having some trouble breathing. Then the doctor came to me and told me that they had to do an episiotomy because i had torn from my vagina all the way to my rectum!!!! He said it was the worst case he had ever seen. They also had to take me straight to surgery and i got to hold my baby for a few mins before they wheeled me away. The surgery took a couple of hours but they bought me back and said the baby was fine and that was all i cared about

All in all it was a very traumatic birth, i am now retaining water and all swollen, have incontinence, am so sore from the stitches and have really bad hemmoroids but when i look at my son i know it was all worth it! He is my little miracle, it took me nearly 9 years to have him and i wouldnt change anything for the world.

sorry if i scared any moms about to give birth, im sure everyone will be fine. I just wanted to share my story. Good luck to you all, im off to cuddle with my son :-)

Re: My beautiful baby boy is finally here!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"