May 2014 Moms

Random Thoughts! - aka I'm all UO'd out but still have stuff to say

2»

Re: Random Thoughts! - aka I'm all UO'd out but still have stuff to say

• Okay, please explain to the Canadian's who do not have Sonic what is so great about their ice?

DS#1 - Apr 22, 2010
    DS#2 - Oct 26, 2012
    DS#3 - May 28, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • TkhixenTkhixen member
    Sonic ice is little tiny balls of ice! Like pellets!
    Married 3/30/13- me, 36  DH, 38
    BFP #1 4/15/13  EDD: 12/25/13- triplets M/C 6/1/13
    BFP#2 9/14/13   DD-born on 5/13/14

• TkhixenTkhixen member
    Married 3/30/13- me, 36  DH, 38
    BFP #1 4/15/13  EDD: 12/25/13- triplets M/C 6/1/13
    BFP#2 9/14/13   DD-born on 5/13/14

• jenb_99jenb_99 member
    edited May 2014
    Okay, please explain to the Canadian's who do not have Sonic what is so great about their ice?
    Sonic's icemakers produce what's known as pellet, pearl, or nugget ice. I'm sure you have it in Canada too. It's just ice extruded in small soft chewable pellets rather than hard cubes. Most commercial icemaker manufacturers have it as an option. My husband works for a restaurant supplier and he sells them to all kinds of restaurants, not just Sonic.

https://www.iceomatic.com/Products/Ice-Machines/Pearl-Ice/
    https://www.manitowocice.com/products/ice-beverage/nugget-ice-machines

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Thanks gals, I thought they must add some sort of special ingredient to it that makes it extra tasty ice. Haha

And @jenb_99‌, I just wanted to say that I totally get how you feel about having big babies. My first was 10lb12oz and my second was 9lb12oz. I had given up all hope if having a normal size baby. I donated all my newborn clothes from my first that was never used. I have hung on to the newborn diapers for 4 years. My second did wear the NB diapers for his first 2 days, but I still have lots left over. I am scheduled to have this baby at 39 weeks so I was hoping to have a normal 8lber this time. Well, I had my 36w appt today, and OB has scheduled me for a growth US because she says baby is "quite small" and I has happy with this news thinking finally I'm going to have a newborn rather then a 3 month old. Now I'm feeling awful because she's concerned about baby's size and I'm grinning about it. So I have to give my head a shake and realize that size doesn't matter, and hope that everything is okay with baby. So I feel you! :)

DS#1 - Apr 22, 2010
    DS#2 - Oct 26, 2012
    DS#3 - May 28, 2014

• jenb_99jenb_99 member
    I have more.

The NFL draft is godawful boring. So is televised baseball. Someone please remind me why I married a sports fan. >_>

I don't like the beach. A beach vacation sounds like hell to me. I don't like heat, bright sun (I'm a redhead), sand, or the sticky itchy feeling I get from salt water. And I'm terrified of jellyfish. Not sharks. JELLYFISH. *shudder* This is majorly inconvenient for my husband, who was raised on the beach (literally...his parents owned a beach resort when he was a baby) and still talks about wanting to live on the coast someday.

• jenb_99jenb_99 member
    @Shell+Bell Thank you for that!! I'm so glad someone understands. I think part of my problem stems from the fact that I'm overweight and I hate that so many people associate big parents with big babies, but part of it is that I kind of just want a tiny baby to hold. Sick and selfish as it is. lol And I made the admittedly stupid mistake of listening to the techs at my 3 elective ultrasounds when they said the baby looked totally average and they didn't think she'd pass 8 lbs. I knew better, but that didn't stop me from buying a crapload of NB clothes and imagining my tiny little girl in them.
    :\">

• @ThereBeDragons‌ Dresden is the shit. Rather read that '& associate it with pumping rather than be bored on Facebook pumping.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ok I have more. Just went to the hospital. False alarm. They checked me and still high, firm, and tight. I'm officially pissed at my whole body. And DH sucks. He's 10ish hours away. I texted him that I was going in to make sure my waters weren't leaking. Afterwards he went to dinner with the guys he works with and forgot his phone in the truck. WTF!?! Yes I have one of the other guys' phone numbers but just keep your damn phone on you when you know you're expecting a call!! It's not rocket science.

@jenb_99‌ if it makes you feel any better my mom was a whopping 120 lbs the day she shoved this 9lb 7.5 oz baby out. I think she was 130 or 140 when she pushed my 9 lb 11 oz brother out. Some families just have big babies. I started off at 165 with DS and was 215 when he was born at 9 lbs 3 oz. I have DH's side to thank for him being that little. They typically think 8 pounders are good sized babies, which amuses me.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• OK another. I'm pissed I'm GBS positive because I was hoping to get a sweep at my upcoming appointment

It's a BOY

• @ThereBeDragons‌ Dresden is the shit. Rather read that '& associate it with pumping rather than be bored on Facebook pumping.

When is butcher's book coming out? This month, right?

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Breast milk is everywhere in my house, my right breast randomly drips and leaks at will while my left literally squirts like a water gun when pressed. I hope this regulates itself soon.
  • 1. The news about Sonic Ice just made my pregnancy!

2. I love the "equals approximately" symbol and was giddy every time that I got to use it in pre-Calc.

3. @jenb_99‌ I just had my 37 week ultrasound today and LO is measuring at 9#. I hate that because I'm plus sized, the first thing I get asked is if I have diabetes. No, I'm 6'3" and I come from a family of big babies. My brother and I were both over 9#s at birth and my twin brothers were both over 5#s when they came almost a month early. But I'm also looking at at least 10#s of baby when I get induced on May 22nd.

4. LO is grounded before he is even out. I went to an appt. today and the whole time I am waiting he is kicking and moving and being active. They do my BPP and he absolutely refuses to move a muscle. HR is fine, practice breathing is fine, but no matter how long we poked, prodded and shook, he wouldn't budge. I got sent to L&D for what was the most uncomfortable and irritating 3.5 hours ever. Mason was absolutely fine, moving and active the whole time, but the nurses literally forgot about me in my room.

4. On a happy note, my mama gets here in a week and I finally won't have to hear about how I am not allowed to go into labor until then.

5. Also it is starting to get warm and our new master bedroom is upstairs in our bungalow and is trapping all the heat. The AC isn't ready to be used yet so I am stuck sweating my ass off with a box fan going full blast until FIL can service our AC.

• jenb_99jenb_99 member
    @pistolpackinmomma‌ Okay, that's it. Our husbands are definitely related! Lol And I know logically that big babies are genetic bc my mom was actually underweight most of her life before kids, but still...sigh.

• So there is one sonic in my area about 10mins away from me, it's been there for about 4-5yrs. And I have never been!
  • cnbeancnbean member
    I just have to say WTF body? This kid isn't even 2 weeks old yet and I'm already on round #2 of mastitis! Enough already! 
    image    image

• andoll8andoll8 member
    Not Sonic related, but pressing on my mind...

It's the middle of the night, and I'm not sleeping (shocker!). I'm officially 40+4 and facing possible induction on Monday. I'm terrified of the common "intervention cascade" that so commonly begins with pitocin, so I've been awake these last few nights doing everything in my power to bring on healthy natural labor.

Feeling like a failure before things even begin.
  • Soupy84Soupy84 member
    1. I hate math and feel all you math-lovers are speaking in tongues.
    2. I had a brazilian done the other day. I am still asking myself WTF was I thinking.
    3. OB had me sign my induction papers on Tuesday and he was prepping me for what he feels is a very "likely to happen" c-section.
    4. I just found out that Girl Guides are selling their Classic Chocolate and Vanilla cookies! I thought they had been discontinued as I had only come across their nasty chocolate mint cookies for the last 10 years. Now I just need to find me a hoard of Girl Guides who are selling these cookies :)
    3/29/12 - Married my soulmate
    BFP #1 - 3/23/13 // EDD - 11/27/13 // M/MC - 5/3/13 // D&C - 5/4/13
    BFP #2 - 8/26/13 // EDD - 5/10/14 // Born 5/18/14

image    image    image

• awc1986awc1986 member
    Before I was a parent I used to think people with kids got in my way. Now I'm a parent I totally realise that it's the people without kids who get in the way. Seriously how many times do I need to say "excuse me"? And why do people insist on slipping infront of me when there's a tight space? It's a pram, not a road sweeper.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• @jenb_99‌ I get my tiny baby fix from my aunt. She's a foster parent and takes in mostly babies. So I get lots little baby snuggles from those little angels. (Which my youngest is not a fan of, total mommas boy). But my big babies are a result of me breeding with a 6'9" man. He's a bean pole, so I thought I would be making baby bullets that are long and skinny. But apparently that's not how it works.

@Soupy84‌ somehow DH always seems to answer the door when the GG come by and he says no thanks. WTF?! I want cookies dammit. Sure we never have cash, but I can at least find out where in our complex this girl lives so I can bring her money for my cookie fix!

DS#1 - Apr 22, 2010
    DS#2 - Oct 26, 2012
    DS#3 - May 28, 2014

• @hhegyesi‌ I'm in the same boat. There is a sunny side my mom was induced with me and ended up with a 3 hour natural labor. I'm clinging to that stressing about it is inevitable but counterproductive. I'm spending these overdue days practicing my pain coping techniques and visualizing progressing. Kinda crunchy but it helps to relax me which hopefully will make things easier when baby comes. If not at least I feel like I'm doing something. Keep your chin up!
    BabyName Tickerimage
  • awc1986 said:

Before I was a parent I used to think people with kids got in my way. Now I'm a parent I totally realise that it's the people without kids who get in the way. Seriously how many times do I need to say "excuse me"? And why do people insist on slipping infront of me when there's a tight space? It's a pram, not a road sweeper.

I love that you call it a pram!
  • andoll8andoll8 member
    @raebee18‌

thanks for that. You're right: I should be using this extra Time to prepare and not sulk.

Sometimes, I just need to hear it. Thank you.
  • @hhegyesi‌ you can thank my mom she gave me the same pep talk. We all just need someone to help us sort out our crazy pregnancy emotions.
    BabyName Tickerimage
  • @jenb_99‌ I had to laugh when DS was roughly 3 months old, we ran into a couple that we knew. They asked DH if he wanted to hold their daughter. He asked what she weighed and they were like "oh she's getting so big she's almost 7.5 lbs now!" He said he would wait for her to get bigger. They looked shocked and asked what he did when DS was that small and DH was like "he wasn't! We birth toddlers evidently!" That was in reference to me crying after DS was born that I didn't get a newborn because we had a toddler. Granted by that point he was rapidly outgrowing his 9 month clothes. After having DS he now laughs with me when one of his cousins talks about how big their 8lb baby is. I mean, we do have a 16 month old that is about to outgrow his 2T PJs (pjs always go first with him and everything else follows) already.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• lrmrtnlrmrtn member
    I'm sick of everyone telling me how small I am for being this far along. I don't feel small and my OB says I'm average. I know they mean it as a compliment but its still annoying...

And everyone comments on my swollen feet. Really, they're swollen? I hadn't noticed except for the fact that I'm down to one pair of flip flops that fit, I can barely walk on them and they look like they belong to an elephant.

I'm torn between wanting baby out and wanting him a little late so I can enjoy my week off. Everyone just assumes I want him to come early.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ns1 I too love diagramming sentences.  It seems like abstract math to me.  Logic puzzles as well.  I love them, despite not being that good at them.
  • jenb_99 said:
    The NFL draft is godawful boring. So is televised baseball. Someone please remind me why I married a sports fan. >_>

I don't like the beach. A beach vacation sounds like hell to me. I don't like heat, bright sun (I'm a redhead), sand, or the sticky itchy feeling I get from salt water. And I'm terrified of jellyfish. Not sharks. JELLYFISH. *shudder* This is majorly inconvenient for my husband, who was raised on the beach (literally...his parents owned a beach resort when he was a baby) and still talks about wanting to live on the coast someday.
    So we can agree about beach vacations being basically pointless, but baseball?!  It's a sport I understand, which is a bonus, and often find suspenseful.  (Tied at zero=tension and excitement.  Love it.)  ...Can I somehow have your televised baseball games?  *puppydog face*  (Football is baffling and I don't really understand its popularity, although I am starting to understand the mechanics of the game at least.)
  • jenb_99jenb_99 member
    Why is it that when I want an extra hour of sleep, I have to plan it and have it approved ahead of time, yet when DH wants an extra hour (or four), he thinks all he has to do is either pretend to be asleep in the morning and ignore DS till I have no choice but to get up with him, or lock himself in the bedroom without even so much as a hello when he gets home? Some days I just want to punch him in the face.

@ns1 @sisterjanet I LOVE diagramming sentences! That was always my favorite part of English class in grade school. It breaks my heart that so few schools teach it anymore. I'm a total number phobe but am very left-brained, so "word math" is fun to me.

• jenb_99jenb_99 member
    Oh, I forgot one. Last night I shaved my legs in the shower instead of with my electric shaver, and it left me more winded and exhausted than the workout I did earlier in the evening. I was actually woozy and stumbly as I finished getting ready for bed.

• I'm excited, DH is on his way home from work early. He's got the next 2 weeks off for paternity leave. FIL arrived yesterday to watch DD, so we get to go on a date tonight. Yay for some alone time with my hubby. My csection is Monday morning. However, I'm still in complete denial about having 2 under 2. And after the terrible tragedies on the BMB of the last 2 week I'm really not getting excited about the baby being here anymore. I already asked my Ob to wait until we know for sure the baby is alive and well before proceeding with my hysterectomy. To which she replied, "of course, we do the csection first, stitch up the uterus then proceed with the hysterectomy. So the pedi will have time to evaluate the baby before we start the hysterectomy, but obviously we won't know what can happen the next day or a week later." And she started talking to me about the possibility of using a gestational surrogate in the future. I know she meant well and all, but not reassuring at all!
  • My MIL annoys the piss out of me. Whenever she goes out to eat, which is nearly all the time, she ends up drinking too much and wonders why she is oh so sick. And when she drinks too much, she gets all touchy and emotional. I don't like going out with them because of this.

And last night, she shows up at 9 pm smashed and wants DH to walk her through how to operate our house. By operate the house, how to set the alarm (please don't...we don't need to field calls from the alarm company or police while in labor), how to open the child safety gate (seriously?), and how to open the front door (please, once again, don't. ..use the garage). This should be self-explanatory but obviously it's not. They've watched DS before. Not sure why it is an issue now.

But oh, because of her traumatic brain injury, she just can't remember anything. That brain injury--she got it when she drunkenly fell off a curb and hit her head.

Oh and then they wanted to talk to DH about their court case. Omg. Just no. Stop dumping on my dh. We don't dump on them. Why is it appropriate to dump your own problems on your child?

I love them but omg they are annoying the piss out of me this week.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• awc1986awc1986 member

Ok, I finally have one to contribute! I was catching up on my gossip blogs yesterday (don't judge me!) and saw this post about Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis at an event  a week after they had their baby boy.

https://www.popsugar.com/Olivia-Wilde-Jason-Sudeikis-First-Postbaby-Appearance-34704683#photo-5

The comments were very judgy, going on about how they should have been at home with their baby, especially Olivia, not out getting their pictures taken.

My thought is, are they not entitled to a break if they feel like one? We have no idea what their day to day lives are like and what their life with a newborn is like. Maybe they both needed a night off and there's nothing wrong with that! They both look great in the photos but also pretty obviously tired. They are not the only new parents on the planet who've ever left the house a week after having a baby. I highly doubt their son in suffering for it. And besides, we don't even know how long they stayed at the event.

People just need to STFU, is what I'm saying.

This. Also has nobody noticed that she had a baby a couple of weeks ago and is now back at work? Girl's got guts!

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"