Cloth Diapering
Options

Cute cloth diaper story from the 'good ol' days'

My mom told me this the other day and I thought it was so cute. I was showing her some of my CD stash and how much had changed (and stayed the same since our NB stash is mostly prefolds and flats) She cloth diapered all 3 of us (all girls) in the 1980/90's. Cloth diapers had really fallen out of favour so by the time my youngest sister was born in 1990, my mom was washing everything herself because there were no services left in the area (he had a service for my older sister and I. She only used prefolds, because really that and flats with plastic pants were the only options when we were babies.

So things like doublers and hemp inserts just weren't around back then. She was telling me that my youngest sister was a really heavy wetter at night, and the prefolds would leak, so her solution was to line each night time diaper with a Kotex pad! She would buy the ones without wings and lay them in the cover to soak up anything that leaked all the way through the prefold.

I just thought that was a funny thought, but great solution in a pinch!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
When Fluff Mail Arrives:

Re: Cute cloth diaper story from the 'good ol' days'

• Options
    Kudos for the creativity. At least the chemicals weren't against the skin.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Too bad she didn't think of something to design and sell. I bet a lot of people had the same issue.
    BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"