November 2012 Moms

Jogging Stroller

Does anyone have a recommendation for a jogging stroller?  

DH is graduating with his Master's degree next weekend and I'm hoping to surprise him with a jogging stroller.  He's been talking nonstop about being excited to get back into running now that he's done with his classes and how he wants to take DD1 with him when he runs.  Plus we have a million trails near our new house that he wants to explore with her.

I don't want to spend a fortune, but want something of decent quality.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Jogging Stroller

• maven212maven212 member
    edited May 2014
    We have the Grand Safari, which is produced by some subsidiary of Schwinn....Instep, maybe? In anycase, I quite like it. It was pretty low cost ($140ish at Target), has a front wheel that can be locked or unlocked..so it transitions well for just walking. It has these little built in ipod speakers that play music in the stroller...which is fine. I mean, we've used them a few times. They do not project very loudly, but on a quiet jog LO seems to like them. The shocks are alright. All in all, it's a good starter jogging stroller.

• kbl13kbl13 member
    I have a Babytrend jogger from Target. It's gotten mixed reviews online, but I love mine. Then again, I'm more of a 'long, brisk walks' type of gal rather than a runner.

My sister (who is an avid runner) has the Babytrend jogger from BRU. I costs a little more and has a few additional options - like speakers... She likes it, just says it's a little heavy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • We have a BOB that we got off of Craigslist. It's a double, but I have friends who love their single jogger as well. I highly recommend checking out Craiglist, as you can get steals off of there.  We paid $180 for our double that was never used, brand new is listed at over $400. DH takes it on long, 10 mile runs and the boys love it. I also use it to walk to the grocery store, as it has an awesome storage basket underneath it.
    I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • BOB for sure. I really love it. I have the one with the front wheel that can be fixed or swivel. I agree with PP about craigslist. We got ours as a baby shower gift, but if not we would have bought one secondhand for sure!
  • FWIW, I'd make sure that if you do get one that has a swivel front wheel, make sure it locks. Having one that doesn't lock can be a safety hazard when running or jogging.
    I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • Thanks for all your feedback!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"