Trouble TTC
Options

Late ovulation now what?

So I got a positive OPK Friday, IUI Saturday and likely O'd Sunday (cd19) which seems SO late since my last cycles have been 30 days and by cd 24 my progesterone was >15. And normally by the time I go for blood work I can tell I ovulated because my boobs are SO sore and stay that way until AF. This time however (cd24) no sore boobs anywhere to be found and it's making me wonder if I actually ovulated. I feel like I should know this, but can you have an LH surge and NOT ovulate? Do I still POAS cycle day 30 or is it later because I ovulated so late? Thanks ladies
Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
EDD: Feb 5, 2018

Re: Late ovulation now what?

• Options
    jjgrl55jjgrl55 member
    You can absolutely get a positive OPK/LH surge and still not ovulate. Temping is the only way to confirm ovulation (outside of monitoring by a doctor, obviously). 

The general rule is to wait to POAS until the last day of your longest cycle or longest luteal phase (which is the time between ovulation and AF). But, since you don't know exactly when you ovulated, 30 days is probably your best bet.

BUT, remember that a cycle can be late at any time for any reason. I was having cycles that were right around 30 days, and then out of nowhere my last cycle was 47 days. I just ovulated later. So just because your period doesn't come on day 30 and you get a BFN, it doesn't mean anything for sure either way since you don't know when you ovulated. Keep testing once a week until you get a positive or AF shows up.
    Me & DH: 24 Married: 5/11
    Started TTC: 12/12 Testing Started: 5/14
    Dx: Irregular Ovulation, possible PCOS
    Treatment starting July '14: Letrozole + Trigger + TI
    Surprise natural BFP right before starting meds!!!!!- EDD 3/7/15

• Options

Yes, what PP said - LH surge doesn't guarantee actual O. Actually, having spent *some* time browsing charts on FF, a combo of PCOS and meds seems to cause OPK+s all throughout a cycle sometimes.

If you did O on CD19, starting testing CD30 wouldn't be ridiculously early (11DPO), although a BFN might not be a real BFN so if that would make you crazy then waiting a few more days might be a good idea.

Good luck, congrats on O-ing and I hope this is your cycle!!

January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd guess that if your progesterone was over 15 then you did ovulate you are just having a wacky cycle without symptoms, it can happen.

Did you trigger?
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    They didnt tell me to do a cd24 progesterone check this cycle
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI

• Options
    Are you timing IUI off of OPKs? If so, you might want to consider seeing a reproductive endocrinologist so that you don't end up in this situation (or worse) later. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

To answer your question, the date you ovulated would affect when you could reasonably take a pregnancy test. I'd wait *at least* 10 days after you think you might have ovulated, but 12-14 days would be more ideal.

Good luck!
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• Options
    Yes I am timing my IUI off OPK's WITH an RE. That is how clomid IUI's are done here

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"