Attachment Parenting

Transitioning DD to her own bed makes me sad :-(

DD just turned 2.  We have always coslept since she was born.  As she got a little older (5 or 6 months) we would put her down in her own crib in her room and then we would bring her into our bed in the middle of the night when she woke up.

I am no longer sleeping well with her in bed.  She takes up so much room and our queen sized bed is just not big enough anymore for DD, DH and I.  Also, I am 10 weeks pregnant and I do want her in her own room once the baby comes.  The new baby will be in our room for awhile and I don't want the baby crying and waking up disrupting her sleep.

She's actually doing well with the transition.  She gives us a nice big 6 or 7 hour stretch and then I go to her and lay down with her in her room and sneak back out once she's asleep.  I usually have to do this twice every night but she goes back to sleep rather quickly.  I'm still so sad though.  I miss the nighttime cuddles and DH has already said he doesn't want the new baby in our bed ever.  (He was never a fan of cosleeping.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Transitioning DD to her own bed makes me sad :-(

• flclflcl member
    Well, it sounds like both you and your DD are doing a great job.  My DH and I are still trying to figure out exactly what we want to do with our sleep situation.  Since LO is still so little, he's sleeping in our room but in his own travel crib for the majority of the night.  He then sleeps with us when he wakes around 4-5 until I'm ready to get up.  DH is ok with this for now but I know he's not a fan of bedsharing so I'm trying to stay in the moment and enjoy this time with LO.  GL with this transition AND with your pregnancy!
  • Sorry you're sad :(  It's a big transition for everybody. 

• Loading the player...
  • I am kind of in a  similar situation. My daughter is 16 months and I'm pregnant as well. Although she is still sleeping with us, I'm not sure I want her in the bed with a newborn. And I'm just not sure I'm ready for her to sleep separate from us and I don't really think she is ready either. I hope it gets easier for you ::hugs::

• LBF DPTLBF DPT member
    Put the toddler bed up and while we haven't switched DS yet I am sad for losing the night snuggles. DS is home with DH during the day. Night was our time :(
    Visit The Nest! IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"