November 2012 Moms

T&P (NBR) for a friend

SurpriseAt39SurpriseAt39 member
edited May 2014 in November 2012 Moms
I don't usually do this, nor do I usually get emotional, but...could I ask for soothing thoughts for a friend who just lost her husband.

I've known this lady for 26 years, we went to school together and worked together, which is also where we met her husband who also worked with us.

This past weekend he went out mountain biking, and called to have her pick him up as he was short of breath. She proceeded to take him to the hospital, but he didn't make it.
He was 40. They have a 9 year old son as well.

I couldn't believe it when I found out. I'm not normally an emotional person (maybe its the pp hormones), but I cried for my friend.

Please pass your thoughts (and prayers, if you're into that) and strength to my friends.

Re: T&P (NBR) for a friend

• So sorry to hear this.  Sending thoughts and prayers your (and your friend's) way

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Praying. That is certainly something I never want to face, and I can only imagine the unknown this woman faces in raising her son without his father.
    I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies.
    Thankfully she has a large family who will help her out.
    Unfortunately they are all about 2 hours away.
    She lives 10 minutes from me, so I'd like to help her anytime she needs a hug, coffee date, or just a distraction of baby snuggles.

I have in the past imagined what it would be like to lose my husband,...not a happy thought to say the least. But to drive him to the hospital myself...I'd be more of a mess.
  • jg1011jg1011 member
    Prayers being sent. Very sad!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"