October 2014 Moms
Options

Another Due Date Change:)

We went in today for the anatomy and our due date was moved up again.  Now it is September 19th!  I was shocked to say the least but also very excited.  In addition we found out we are having a boy:) 

Re: Another Due Date Change:)

• Options
    yay congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My FurBaby Dexter 4/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since 07/12
    MC - 03/13
    BFP - 2/9/14 EDD 10/17/14
  • Options
    Congrats!
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    Congratulations! That's great that you will get to meet him even sooner.
  • Options
    Yes it has been quite a jump.  When I first found  out and went to the Dr. He estimated I was due mid October! 

• Options
    Congrats!

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options
    Congrats! Glad it was good news today :)

• Options
    Congrats!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!

• Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    Awesome news!!

• Options
    Yay, congrats!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Congrats!!!
  • Options
    lrobi13lrobi13 member
    Congrats! Glad your little boy is doing so great.
  • Options
    ANGnJONANGnJON member
    Congrats on baby boy!
    Me: 37, DH: 42 Married March 22, 2003 TTC since early 2006, Fertility treatments since 02/2013 First Pregnancy with Twins EDD 10.24.2014
  • Options
    Congrats on a healthy baby boy! They actually moved it up? Even if babies measure big in my practice, they always stick with the original dating scan. When I was 40 weeks with DS1, they said he was probably going t be 10 lb. A week later I gave birth to 6lb 15oz peanut!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Congrats on a healthy baby boy! They actually moved it up? Even if babies measure big in my practice, they always stick with the original dating scan. When I was 40 weeks with DS1, they said he was probably going t be 10 lb. A week later I gave birth to 6lb 15oz peanut!

This Congrats and I'm also surprised. I didn't think they moved the due date after the dating ultrasound.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    Congratulations!

image              image
  • Options
    jerieck0109jerieck0109 member
    edited May 2014
    Yes.  They said that it is a more accurate date than the previous one that was done at 9 weeks.
    He said it's because now they measure the length head to feet and not just head to bottom.  I don't fully understand and will talk to my doctor in 2 weeks but they told me Sept 19th now.
  • Options
    Congratulations on the baby boy! 
  • Options
    duckrduckr member
    I was told mine was a working due date as they can't pinpoint when I became pregnant.  I had surgery last October to remove a ovarian cyst and hadn't experienced a normal period since.

• Options
    Congrats! I'm also having a boy and we are super excited. Boys have fun toys!

My OB gets pissed when the us techs tell me a different due date. He said that your due date doesn't change - it's based off your LMP. The meausuremwnt means that the baby is bigger or smaller than average. I'm due 10/5 from my LMP but us tech said 10/6, then at next us she said 10/2 based on measurements . All in all it doesn't matter too much - baby comes when it wants to come!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    JessAnnJ said:
    This Congrats and I'm also surprised. I didn't think they moved the due date after the dating ultrasound.
    Same here.  My LO is measuring a week or so ahead and it's influenced by certain measurements such as a long femur and my MFM doesn't let measurements that tend to be vary from one pregnancy to another (such as total length) impact EDD.  The computer will give a different EDD based on a longer measurement, but he does not move the official date.  He always caveats the statistics behind the number and that certain measurements are larger than the average fetus at that specific point in time.  Long legs do not imply that the major organ systems are also developing ahead of schedule! ;) 
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options
    Congrats! I'm also having a boy and we are super excited. Boys have fun toys! My OB gets pissed when the us techs tell me a different due date. He said that your due date doesn't change - it's based off your LMP. The meausuremwnt means that the baby is bigger or smaller than average. I'm due 10/5 from my LMP but us tech said 10/6, then at next us she said 10/2 based on measurements . All in all it doesn't matter too much - baby comes when it wants to come!

Thank you.  I was on Mirena and had it removed the week of Thanksgiving and never had a cycle so we have no true LMP.  I am pretty much going with what you said he will come when he comes.
  • Options
    Wow that's a leap, congrats! There are a lot of great moms on S14, so if you decide to go over there, have fun!

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"