TTC after 35
Options

NTTCR…..look what i have!

KirstenAleciaKirstenAlecia member
edited May 2014 in TTC after 35
This little guy is Sox. 

He is my rescue baby. No mamma, no litter mates and I approximated him to be just at 4 weeks when I found him. I have rescued several litters without mammas so I'm getting pretty good at knowing)

His story: 

My H last week thought he heard a kitten…a new kitten. You know that sound thats not a meow…but a brand new baby squeak…we are familiar with it. we searched and searched and found nothing and didn't hear it again. The next day my daughter was taking the dogs outside and heard it….at first i thought it a bird then i heard it get louder..whatever it was it was distressed. I went to the other side of my house and it sounded like it was coming from the are where the water heater is housed. 
I opened it up and heard the squeak loud and clear….it was definitely a little kitten and he was under the crawl space of our home. That space is about a foot and a half tall and has pipes, dirt, spiders, insulation thats filled with fiberglass everywhere and TONS of cobwebs. Hubby was not home and DD and I were freaking out. So i did what i thought i could not do….. I put in swearts, a hoodie, gloved and army/tummy crawled into the dark under the house with a flash light halfway the length of the house till i got to the meowing. 

He was barely mobile and just learning to get around. I grabbed him and scooted out backwards to the sound of my daughters voice and in the mean time my hoodie rode up and i ended up with fiberglass in my tummy…ouchie! 

Got him in the house…..stuck him in the tub and stripped off my fiberglass covered clothes and put on clean ones. I gave the little guy a bath while my daughter cleaned the cobwebs out of my hair. lol.

I was shaking soooooo bad from being terrified about being under the house…..never again. Unless i need to rescue a poor defenseless creature. lol.

He still needs a bottle to be fed and he has just started to understand the letterbox (we have had him over a week now) 

He definitely has taken to me as his new mamma…..he has made my drab mood I've been stuck in for a few weeks much happier! lol 

How the heck he ended up under our house is beyond me…..it was blocked off but he is rather tiny so he may have found a way in if he somehow wandered away from his litter. 

SIGGY WARNING
Me 38   DH 34
married 05-21-11 
started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 

Re: NTTCR…..look what i have!

• Options
    awwwwwww cute!  what a sweet story.  kittens are definitely a proven pick-me-up. :)
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Options
    Oh my goodness--so cute!  Glad you were able to rescue him!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Radiantly - seriously he really has been a pick me up……I am the crazy cat lady already though. I have 5 lol! Needless to say i can't keep him. He has a home to go to when he is off the bottle and totally litter trained and a tad more independent. Our friend Dave is taking him so i will see him often!

Im in LOOOOOVE with the little guy and so is hubby. lol. 

We are crazy animal people….if something needs help or care we do it. Family/friends think we are a little off our rockers but thats ok. 

He has gotten way more mobile this week and getting bigger by the day. He is exhausting though. Still feeding him in the middle of the night and needs to be watched now that he gets around more. 

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• Options
    wow i have never had a kitty so young.  i live in an apartment in brooklyn so don't exactly have much of a house or yard to find one in.  we are frequenters of the local shelter, who we LOVE because they are so good to the animals and take in everything. they are a no kill shelter. 

the kitty we've had for 2 years started having puffs of hair all over the place since we got the new guy, my DH is all worried but from what i understand it's normal. they are probably tumbling around a lot. they seem to get along nicely actually, it's great. and new guy is a lap cat! yay!!!!!!! older cat is not. he's more of a staring from across the room type.
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Oh my cats leave puffs of hair all over the place too…..i have to be very diligent about housework with having more than my share of furrbabbies.

All out kitties are babies and like to be lap cats. Some more than others.

The biggest baby/one who likes to be on the lap THE MOST is our 22 pound ginger kitty…..oh lord is he heavy !!! 

This is him….
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• Options
    Oh how stinking adorable!!!! So so cute.

Good job on the rescue!! Not sure I could of done that!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Oh dear and I thought my 15lb cat was bad!! Haha....cute :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    lcwedlcwed member
    How precious.  I remember how much I hate being allergic to cats when I see them in all the fluffy cuteness.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Awwwwww, you're a hero!!   I love him and love this story.   I have happy goosebumps!
    I get happy goosebumps with animal stories too…. :)  lol
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• Options
    Too cute. You are a better person than me because I wouldn't crawl through what you did for anything.
    I'm glad the kitty is helping you get through a rough time. Thinks always happen for a reason.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    ewennerewenner member
    Thanks for sharing - what a great story!  And such a cutie.  I am glad that you have found a family to adopt him once he's big enough.  :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Awww what happened to my photo in the original post!?
    ETA: ok there is…and for some reason larger…lol

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• Options
    ewenner said:
    Thanks for sharing - what a great story!  And such a cutie.  I am glad that you have found a family to adopt him once he's big enough.  :-)
    Me too!!! And the best part…..he will live 4 doors down from us! I will see him at least once a week cause thats how often we are at our friends house (the one adopting him) 

Its good cause Im absolutely smitten with him…..would have been hard to give him up otherwise. lol. 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"