March 2014 Moms

M'14 Awards...let's do this thing

2»

Re: M'14 Awards...let's do this thing

• Some of these categories are great! I don't think I can win anything, except maybe going back to work first... Went back to my internship at 4 weeks if that would count.

I went back at 3 weeks for 1/2 days
    As a variation for this: I was back to (online) grad school at 2 weeks. Ugh
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Kacie said:

Some of these categories are great! I don't think I can win anything, except maybe going back to work first... Went back to my internship at 4 weeks if that would count.

I went back at 3 weeks for 1/2 days
    As a variation for this: I was back to (online) grad school at 2 weeks. Ugh
    I went back to class at two weeks too. I agree, it sucked!

Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• I was working in post natal!
  • I know I won't win any of these but:
    Longest hospital stay (mom)
    Longest NICU stay
    I had more and now I can't remember them, if I think of them I'll eta them.

Ooh! I may be a contender for longest hospital stay (mom)! 9 ridiculous days! Do I get extra days for all the nurses that come to my house??

How about... Most gauze packed inside an open wound/worst CSection experience?? fml lol
  • Keep the suggestions coming!
    I'll post a new thread with all of the ideas !!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
    >Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I thought my kid had long hair.

I'm asian and produced a kid with blue eyes and ginger highlights. DH is a ginger!
    I know eye colour will change, but I'm still shocked at this.
    I think this is award worthy.

Edit: sentences are hard

@Anneplusone‌ Are you 100% Asian or something else? I'm half Korean (and half Irish) and I was CONVINCED LO would have dark brown hair. He has light brown hair... It's kinda bizarre. The Asian gene is so strong I just assumed. He does have brown eyes though. (although MIL continues to tell me they'll turn blue just like his dad... And his hair will turn blond just like his dad... Because god forbid he looks like me.... But I digress...). Your LO is certainly a cutie :)
  • jbellejbelle member
    Closest to due date? My DD was born on her due date at 11pm; maybe someone else was closer to noon?

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• While I think kimberpoo had the last baby, I also believe her due fate was April. I think I win for last baby with an actual march due date.

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.

Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • First to have a crazy cousin name her cat the same name after Flynn? That's all I got.. And I'm ok with it!
    photo 334932ce-4f16-4b35-8d49-b4c5beb158c9.jpg

Anniversary 

• I want to win something, but my labor was boring :(

imageimage

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Cmmo14‌ okay you totally have me beat! They called me to come in, started pit then foley bulb then broke my water. From the time pit was started to birth was 13 hours. I was pretty proud of that haha

• Most issues? Most medical interventions? Hahaha, I don't think anyone will want to compete with me. ;)
  • Best crowning picture? That's about all I got ;)
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Unplanned pregnancy July 2005; EDD 3/27/06; birthdaughter born 3/15/06 (38w2d) (placed for adoption).
    TTC since December 2012, BFP 6/25/13. EDD 3/2/14. Baby Elias born 2/21/14 (38w5d)!
  • Best crowning picture? That's about all I got ;)

Ooh I've got one of those! My mom also unknowingly included me in the background of the cord cutting picture—cord coming out of me and all that jazz!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I thought my kid had long hair.

I'm asian and produced a kid with blue eyes and ginger highlights. DH is a ginger!

@Anneplusone‌ Are you 100% Asian or something else? I'm half Korean (and half Irish) and I was CONVINCED LO would have dark brown hair. He has light brown hair... It's kinda bizarre. The Asian gene is so strong I just assumed. He does have brown eyes though. (although MIL continues to tell me they'll turn blue just like his dad... And his hair will turn blond just like his dad... Because god forbid he looks like me.... But I digress...). Your LO is certainly a cutie :)
    My BIL is half black half white. His wife is white (brown hair. Brown eyes. Standard). They had two boys with RED hair. Lol like auburn/copper red.
  • Is there no biggest boob growth? (One cup is +1 and up a band size is +.5)
    From bfp til the largest cup size after milk came in.

I also think it's only fair to use your march 14 baby/ pregnancy for these awards ;)
  • Kacie said:

I thought my kid had long hair.

My BIL is half black half white. His wife is white (brown hair. Brown eyes. Standard). They had two boys with RED hair. Lol like auburn/copper red.
    My friend Erica's mom is 1/2 Ute, her dad is full white. Erica has brown hair, brown eyes, brown skin. Erica's full littler sister (same biological parents) has red hair, green eyes, and very fair skin. Genetics are wack!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• natsmamanatsmama member
    edited May 2014

I thought my kid had long hair.

@Anneplusone‌ - DH is Asian, I'm Caucasian and my son also has red highlights and blue eyes. I'll concede any awards, however, because his hair highlights are only really obvious after he's had a bath. :) It was especially surprising because DD had dark hair/eyes from day one!

also... Not to give too much away on the interwebs, but my first name is also Anne :)
    DD born 1/16/11
    #2 It's a Boy! EDD 3/23/14
  • I thought my kid had long hair. I'm asian and produced a kid with blue eyes and ginger highlights. DH is a ginger! I know eye colour will change, but I'm still shocked at this. I think this is award worthy. Edit: sentences are hard

Wow blue eyes! That's amazing ☺️ SO is Asian and I'm Caucasian (my father is 100% ginger so I would say I'm half ginger with lots of freckles :) ) and I notice too that LO has somewhat light brown hair with red high lights! I find it more visible after his bath. I hope he grows up to have freckles! It would be so cute
    DS - March 9th 2014 TTC #2 - May 2015 BFP - October 2015 EDD - July 7th 2016
  • Some of these categories are great! I don't think I can win anything, except maybe going back to work first... Went back to my internship at 4 weeks if that would count.
    I wish I could have waited 4 weeks!!! I was back at school in a week and a half and had my first clinical shift back in the hospital at exactly 2 weeks! :( Cried my eyes out when I left my baby!!
    imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"