September 2013 Moms
Options

Least favorite baby task

What is your least favorite thing to do for LO. I am going to guess that a lot of people are going to say changing diapers, but I don't mind that too much. For me it is cutting her nails. I swear those things grow so fast it is hard to keep up. On top of that they are paper thin and she rolls around like crazy. It's like a wrestling match anytime I try to cut them down. Oh and the one time DH did it, he cut her and it seemed the bleeding would never stop. He wont even attempt it anymore.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Least favorite baby task

• Options
    Getting his boogies out of his nose. U wld think we were torturing him. And as soon a I'm done he stops fast. Lol. But he always has some
  • Options
    Cleaning up spit up. LO rarely does it but when she does it's everywhere. It causes so much laundry and my dog usually ends up licking up half of it before I can even get to it after cleaning up LO and I.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I dislike putting her in the car seat the most. As soon as I get one arm in the strap and work on the other she pulls the first one out. It's a constant struggle and comes down to if I can get her fastened faster than she can get herself unfastened.
  • Options
    Giving him any sort of medicine.  Getting any of it in him is next to impossible.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @starscream‌ this is my second most disliked task. We use Dr.Browns and I dread giving bottles just for the simple fact I have to clean them. We EBF so it's rare but when it does happen...those bad boys stay dirty for awhile.
  • Options
    Well after this morning's mess I'm going to have to go with cleaning up diaper blow outs. Haha normal diapers are fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'd have to say washing bottles too. Oh and maybe trying to figure out how to cut those nails. Those suckers grow so fast. 
  • Options
    Cutting his toenails! He kicks all over the place. A close second is changing his clothes or diaper because he tries to roll and play. I end up sweaty and hestarts screaming. And I hate cleaning bottles and pump parts!
  • Options
    I would do all the chores if teething didn't bother her. I. Hate. The drool.
  • Options
    EBF poops were much better than solid poops but there are still worse chores. I was going to say fingernails because he's a total wolverine but the LEAST liked task is pumping. I LOATHE pumping. It's messy and inconvenient and it hurts.
  • Options
    I cloth diaper. I don't mind changing him, but I hate cleaning the poop off his diapers. Everything else about CDing is nbd to me.
    fittest mom photo FITTEST-MOM_zps2351b4e2.gif
  • Options

Lately, bath time. He used to love it but now he just screams. He's too big for his sling bath but can't sit up so he lays in the bottom of the tub and I hunch over him. Not fun anymore.

Is he screaming because he is just laying flat or something? If I lay Desmond back in the tub, I use an inflatable bath pillow that has suction cups. I attach it to the bottom of the tub to lay him back on. It keeps him propped up.
    fittest mom photo FITTEST-MOM_zps2351b4e2.gif
  • Options
    mdesmet20 said:

Changing the crib sheets. I have to practically take the mattress out every single time.

Ughhhhh! This is the worst chore in the house! I would rather scrub a toilet, it's that much of a pain in the ass @mdesmet20‌ !$

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I have to go with cleaning her nose. And getting her dressed most days. Both those things are a huge challenge, she HATES if I ever go near her face, so to button that last button up near her neck is a huge meltdown.
  • Options
    I hate having to hold him down during vaccinations.
  • Options
    I hate cleaning bottles. We just started supplementing and we're complete noobs. We bought a few different bottles until DD finally liked one (Playtex Nursers) and we only have 2. We supplement after ever BFing session so, I'm constantly washing bottles. Although they have liners so I'm not sure why I'm complaining. I just hate it. EBFing is so much easier :(

Cutting her nails is also a huge task these days. I just do 2-3 nails each diaper change. Only way I can get all nails done.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 1.5.13 - EDD 9.5.13 - Ysabella Sofia born 9.12.13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Currently, I hate having to hook him up to the nebulizer. He hates it, and listening to him scream for 10 minutes breaks my heart. I imagine that he thinks I'm torturing him and he'll hate me forever.

I agree with the washing of bottles and pump parts. Thankfully DH is usually the one to do the dishes, so I get out of it most nights.
  • Options
    I thoroughly dislike cleaning bottles. I work 40 hours on the weekends and after getting home at almost midnight already exhausted I have to boil my pump parts and wash bottles before I can even take a shower and go to bed before being right back at work at 7am the next day. Bleh.
  • Options

Am I the only one who bites LOs nail?

This i wat I've always done. Accept DD hates it now and pulls her hand away. But she'll watch me steady while I cut them.
  • Options
    Pumping. Hate it. Wish I could build a freezer stash but I can't do it unless it's to pump and dump for LO to not get mamas wine. The one week I tried to do it each day to get a stash, I got awful mastitis so I'm convinced that caused it too.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I thoroughly dislike cleaning bottles. I work 40 hours on the weekends and after getting home at almost midnight already exhausted I have to boil my pump parts and wash bottles before I can even take a shower and go to bed before being right back at work at 7am the next day. Bleh.
    @averettgirl Hugs!!
  • Options
    Definitely washing bottles.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I cut her nails when she's asleep. I use baby nail clippers. Never tried when she's awake.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

Am I the only one who bites LOs nail?

I used to bite her nails all the time until just recently. Her nails are growing really strong and are hard to bite off, so I attempt with the clippers while she naps now instead.
  • Options
    ejb23ejb23 member
    I used to hate baths but now I'm enjoying them more. I think cutting nails Is most stressful

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

• Options
    Freakin cleaning poop from the cloth diapers. They aren't solid yet but they sure aren't water soluble anymore!  :-q And we don't have a toilet sprayer yet. 

I also despise putting his lotions on him... he has dry, sensitive skin so if we aren't using hydrocortisone cream followed by copious amounts of aquaphor twice a day, he's miserably itchy. And of course he hates it.
  • Options
    Middle of the night feedings. I hate them. Not only do I lose sleep, but he also has started refusing to go in his crib after his first wake
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    @averettgirl Hugs!!

• Options
    HBirdieHBirdie member
    AbbyMMM said:
    Freakin cleaning poop from the cloth diapers. They aren't solid yet but they sure aren't water soluble anymore!  :-q And we don't have a toilet sprayer yet. 

I also despise putting his lotions on him... he has dry, sensitive skin so if we aren't using hydrocortisone cream followed by copious amounts of aquaphor twice a day, he's miserably itchy. And of course he hates it.
    @HBirdie have you thought about disposable liners? https://www.diapers.com/p/bumkins-flushable-diaper-liners-100ct-917026?noappbanner=true&utm_source=Diapers_SG&utm_medium=PDP_SG&utm_campaign=di-sg-to-mobile
    @AbbyMMM: We have some, but it's really hard to predict his poops right now, and since he moves so much, they get kinda bunched up in his diaper, so they're completely ineffective at catching his (super runny still) poo. But hopefully they'll be more useful later!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"