April 2014 Moms

Last day of April....who's still pregnant?!!!

I was due April 20th and am still hangin in there! Being induced tomorrow and NOT looking forward to it. I NEVER thought I would be having a May baby. I'm beyond sick of being pregnant but really disappointed my body is not doing what it is "supposed to" I've read and cried at every birth story and I'm so happy to see all the beautiful babes!! How are the rest of you doing? (The few of you left!)

Re: Last day of April....who's still pregnant?!!!

• Good luck!!! My EDD is today! I'm 4/5, 80% effaced and sick of it as well but know I could go anytime or be induced. It's torture. At least you'll get to meet your lo soon! Hang in there!
  • My EDD was yesterday.  I know it's not an exact science, so I'm trying to relax and let baby come when baby is ready.  However, I am a bit restless.  I want to allow things to proceed naturally yet I'm considering acupuncture to help move things along.  I've used acupuncture throughout my pregnancy to successfully address certain symptoms.  Also, I know expectant mommas who have used it to help get things going.  I think I'm going to give it a few more days though.

Wishing you all the best, and a healthy and joyful birthing day!
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck tomorrow! Yesterday was my edd and last day of work... So just hanging out!

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Today is my EDD and last night I was vomiting a lot so I'm curious if that may be a sign that labour is starting soon (or I am sick which sucks). I assume I will also be having a May baby now, but I guess you never know.
  • rtv3rtv3 member
    I never thought I'd go overdue either but here I am! Hang in there - our stubborn LOs will be arriving soon :)
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• Boston*brideBoston*bride member
    edited April 2014
    Still here :-) Yesterday was my EDD but have had absolutely no signs of labor starting and actually feel great (if enormous and desperately in need of a margarita). I was only 1 cm dilated at last appointment one week ago.

At this point, I am actually kind of hoping the baby comes next week so we get one last child-free weekend out of the deal.  We still have to assemble our crib :-/ My practice won't consider induction until 41 weeks anyway, so unless he gets a move on, that's a fairly good possibility.

• I was due 4/23 and am really upset and frustrated that I have hit 41 weeks.  I have an appointment this afternoon where I'm sure they'll do another membrane sweep (hoping I'm more than the 1 cm/fingertip I was last week) and I know they'll be discussing other options.  I think acupuncture is much more natural than medical induction, and I'm willing to try many suggestions to avoid medical induction and the hospital birth, interventions, and possible complications that come with.  I just want our little girl to be here already!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 41+1 here. I never thought I'd make it this long. At my 32 week ultrasound, she said I was measuring really large and would not let me go past my due date, but that she thought I'd go earlier on my own anyways. 40 week appointment, no progress but she didn't induce because both baby and I were just fine. 41 week appointment (Monday), no progress so she scheduled an induction for the next day (yesterday). Yesterday morning, we drive to the hospital only to get sent home because it's too crowded (rural town, small hospital). We go back later in the day for a NST, everything is fine so we are now rescheduled for induction tomorrow. Glad to hear I'm not the only one still hanging on!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Calla123 said:

Today is my EDD and last night I was vomiting a lot so I'm curious if that may be a sign that labour is starting soon (or I am sick which sucks). I assume I will also be having a May baby now, but I guess you never know.

I was the exact same! I threw up lots the day before I went into labour. My little guy was born next day on my due date. Fingers crossed :)
  • I'm very ready to have this little guy. My EDD was today, but he is wanting to stay put. I was pretty upset after my appointment today when I found out I was still 1.5cm dilated and 50% effaced (I've been the same for 4 weeks). But I'm going to be induced on Monday.
  • Thanks ladies and good luck to you all!!!
  • Alana1977 said:
    Today is my EDD and last night I was vomiting a lot so I'm curious if that may be a sign that labour is starting soon (or I am sick which sucks). I assume I will also be having a May baby now, but I guess you never know.
    I was the exact same! I threw up lots the day before I went into labour. My little guy was born next day on my due date. Fingers crossed :)

Thanks! I hope it is a sign :)
  • EDD was 4/29 - nothing is happening. Had an NST and check yesterday and baby looked great on NST and my cervix has made ZERO progress, high tight thick and posterior. They pretty much told me that at this point if nothing happens I'm not a candidate for an induction. It is so frustrating. It makes me feel like my body is failing and not doing what it is supposed to be doing!
    Together Since 9/14/2008 
    Married since 08/19/2011 
    Audrey born 5/9/2014 

A14 August Siggy Challange: This time Last Year

Me DH
    image image

• @MrsZ0811‌ what do you mean not a candidate for induction? Would they just do a csection?? I hope you get some progress ASAP! I get contractions and cramps and then everything just stops. Hoping for good news tomorrow at dr.

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • MrsZ0811 said:
    EDD was 4/29 - nothing is happening. Had an NST and check yesterday and baby looked great on NST and my cervix has made ZERO progress, high tight thick and posterior. They pretty much told me that at this point if nothing happens I'm not a candidate for an induction. It is so frustrating. It makes me feel like my body is failing and not doing what it is supposed to be doing!
    Ya I'm confused by "not an induction candidate"
  • Yeah they do have a scale and I have zero dilation, zero effacement at this point. They are willing to try it but it has a high likely hood of failing because my cervix is doing absolutely nothing on its own, and the more "ripe" your cervix is at the start the higher your likely hood for it to go well.
    Together Since 9/14/2008 
    Married since 08/19/2011 
    Audrey born 5/9/2014 

Me DH
    image image

• LaNorteLaNorte member
    Well I can tell you that I started induction (cervidil) this morning 0 dialated and 0 effaced, and 9 hours later I am still 0 and 0. Frustrating beyond belief. If your doctor says you're not ready, I would listen, because this blows.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • MrsZ0811 said:

EDD was 4/29 - nothing is happening. Had an NST and check yesterday and baby looked great on NST and my cervix has made ZERO progress, high tight thick and posterior. They pretty much told me that at this point if nothing happens I'm not a candidate for an induction. It is so frustrating. It makes me feel like my body is failing and not doing what it is supposed to be doing!

What would be your other option then? Don't be down on yourself at all please. :)

• karr1kakarr1ka member
    @MrsZ0811 I know your pain. My EDD was also 4/29. I went in for a NST and check yesterday and was told our little girl looks good but my cervix is also doing nothing on its own! I have 0 dilation and 0 effacement. My doctor wants to start cervidil Monday night 5/5 followed by pitocin on Tuesday. I'm not sure how I feel about that since my cervix has not made any progress on its own and the chances of anything working is not great. At this point I just don't know what to do. I hope things start progressing for you soon!
  • LaNorte So sorry! Hope things start moving for you!

Brigie029 Current plan is to keep waiting and monitoring baby and just keep waiting so long as baby looks good - otherwise they would likely want to go straight for the c-section

karr1ka Sorry to hear that! Although its good to know I am not alone in this position! So frustrating!
    Together Since 9/14/2008 
    Married since 08/19/2011 
    Audrey born 5/9/2014 

Me DH
    image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"