Trouble TTC

tell me I'm not the only one who lost it at walmart looking for mother's day cards?

DH and I went to walmart to buy a patio set for our backyard. When we walked in, I saw the cards section, and said let's go get cards for our moms since we're here (I was totally fine at this point!) The second I actually looked at the cards I started BALLING MY EYES OUT!!  had to walk away, and gave myself a minute to pull myself back together and picks out cards for our moms. FYI, not the first time I've done it. I did it two years ago. I felt soo stupid because I was absolutely fine one second earlier! 
*** If you want to know where I (and soo many others) have gone, click here ***

Re: tell me I'm not the only one who lost it at walmart looking for mother's day cards?

• I'm so sorry. I honestly hate Mother's Day too. To me it's a constant reminder that I don't get to spend the day with my mom. I absolutely hate that it's all that's talked about for almost a month on every commercial on TV and the radio. Every store has displays everywhere. It's like I get to be reminded constantly she's not with me anymore.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh I feel you...my mom died of breast cancer 3 years ago right after Mother's Day so I've been very sad the past two years and this year will be even more sad for me. I have been avoiding Walmart and Target for this very reason.
    Me: +35 DH: +35
    TTC: Since January 2013 
    DX: PCOS. Severe Endometriosis, Unicornuate Uterus w/only left tube and left ovary, Pedunculated fibroid (on the outside of uterus) and Anovulation. All conditions diagnosed 8/13
    TX: Metformin
    DH DX: MFI - low morphology, low motility
    Ultrasound shows both kidneys in spite of UU. 
    HSG showed clear tube on the left side. 
    Lap Surgery performed 1/9/14 to remove fibroid and endo (Stage 3)
    • IUI# 1 June 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 13: BFN
    • IUI#2  July 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 5.75: BFN
    • Natural Cycle - so shocked to be in 2WW - 7dpo Progesterone: 15.5: BFN
    • Working with new RE starting injectables in late August.
    • IUI #3 August 2014  w/ Menopur: BFN
    • Finally ovulating on my own!!
    Waiting to start IVF hopefully
    **********All Are Welcome**************
    3T January Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolution

• This has to be my least favorite day of the year. My mom died 3 years ago and on top of that, I'm not a mom yet, so that makes it way worse. I hate IF and I hate Mother's Day! I have been seeing so many commercials about M's Day, too, and we're doing a special banquet at work and at church for it. UGH.
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • edited April 2014
    @SweetieShellieH - I had a similar reaction to Mother's Day cards. I went to Walmart on my lunch break a few days ago and I happened to walk past the Mother's Day cards. I decided to go pick one out. I read maybe 2 cards and I was already tearing up. I walked away at that point because I didn't want to go back to work looking like a crazy hot mess. My DH will have to pick out the Mother's Day cards this year. IF sucks!
    ********Siggy Warning********

Me: 25 DH: 29
    Married 9/23/2012, TTC since 3/2013
    Dx: PCOS, Anovulation/Amenorrhea
    HSG: All clear, SA: Normal 
    Oct 2013: 1st consult with RE
    Nov 2013-Dec 2013: Letrozole + Trigger + TI = BFN
    Jan 2014-May 2014: IUI#1-4: Letrozole + Trigger + Progesterone= All BFN
    Sept 2014: IVF#1: 24R/13M/11F
    Transferred 2 embryos on 9/24, 2 frosties = BFP!!
    Beta#1: 8dp5dt: 188, Beta#2: 12dp5dt: 822
    Beta#3: 15dp5dt: 1965
    1st u/s 10/13: TWINS!!
    u/s 12/23: TEAM PURPLE!!
    All Welcome! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm so sorry about your experience at Wal-Mart. :( Moments like that remind us that we are really strong to be going through IF because we clearly are carrying a lot of pain in our hearts that just needs an outlet at times.

It never really occurred to me that Mother's Day was "out of my reach" with IF until we were at church about 2.5 years into trying and they had a table of tasty muffins. I went over to get one out of habit, then realized they were for moms and backed away. Someone noticed and made a big deal about giving me one and calling me a "future mom" and I just felt like someone who can't sit at the big kids table.

I decided the last couple years that Mother's Day is just going to be "My Mother's Day." As in, the day I celebrate my mom, as I have every other year of my life. I am trying to compartmentalize it as a day for frumpy mom-types (not me, of course, haha). Oh, everyone else happens to celebrate their mom that day too? What a coincidence.

January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Lillovebug79Lillovebug79 member
    edited April 2014
    I ordered Mother's Day cards online for my mom, grandmas, sister, and DH's family (since there is no way we will do it)! That helped. I can't even walk past the children's section in stores anymore without almost losing it. I do a lot of online shopping these days!

edited to add that I ordered mine from Etsy, they have funny and sweet cards!

********Siggy/Ticker Warning***********

Me (35) no known issues DH (37) MFI. TTC 21 months (24 cycles)
    Dx MFI with low to normal count, low motility, morphology 3%
    HSG normal, ultrasound and labs on me all normal. 

1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and TI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and IUI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    Started seeing an RE!!
    2 more cycles of clomid 50mg (great response), with IUI and Pregnyl trigger (4.8-8 mil good ones after wash) = all BFN
    1 cycle of clomid 50mg (3-7) followed by Follistim 75iu (7-11) + IUI = BFN
    December 2013 DH saw urologist and is taking Anastrozole, CoQ10, and L-Carnitine
    IUI #5 natural cycle (needed a med break) = BFN
    IUI #6 Follistim 75iu (CD3-10) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI (final count after wash 300K) = BFN
    IUI #7 Follistim 75iu (CD3-9) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI on 2/20 (post wash count 12.5 million)= BFN
    IUI cancelled (DH OOT) Clomid 50mg (CD3-7) 1 follicle +(not well timed) TI = BFN
    IUI #8 and last one!! Clomid 100mg (CD3-7) +OPK before US + IUI 4/17 (post wash 8.5 mil)= BFN

Pre-IVF testing complete! SHG great and measurements taken! Labs for infectious diseases completed, FSH (5.4), TSH (1.6), Prolactin (11), AMH (2.6), Estradiol (40).

Started BCP 5/29 and Lupron 6/11 prep for IVF #1! Started follistim 225u/day on 6/28. Monitoring on 7/2 >15 follicles measuring 11-14, E2 758. Monitoring on 7/5 all ready to go!! Great follicle sizes and lining is at 9. Tigger 7/5, ER 7/7 16R 9M 3F. Stimmed too fast in just 7 days. 7/10 3dt of 2 8-cell grade 2 & 4. 7/14 P4 >60.
    Holy crap BFP!!!
    Beta #1 (14dpo) 7/21 112 Beta #2 (16dpo) 7/23 286 a Beta #3 (18dpo) 7/25 761 Beta #4 (21dpo) 2631!!! Hold on tight little embies!!
      First Ultrasound 8/7- 1 perfect little bean with a beating heart 117bpm!! EDD 3/30.
    Second ultrasound 9/2 Little bean measuring a few days ahead with a heart rate of 161!

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

Pregnancy Ticker

March 15 Siggy Challenge: You had one job

• ky29ky29 member
    ***MC MENTIONED***

My miscarriage was the week of Mother's Day last year. I'm debating asking DH to go on a road trip somewhere fun to get my mind off it. Every commercial I've seen makes me want to cry. And I've ignored the card section so far.

Calindi - I love that idea!

TTC since March 2012
    DX: MFI (4% motility)

Cycle 13: Natural cycle w/ HSG test = BFP
    Identical twins! 
    Lost my angel boys at 10.5 weeks

Cycle 14-16: Natural Cycles = BFN
    Cycle 17: Follistim + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    Cycle 18: Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 19: Follistim + Trigger +IUI#2
    Polyp found: SIS 11/11 - hysteroscopy 11/14
    Cycle 20: Follistim + IUI#2 = BFFN
    Cycle 21: Follistim (adj. dosage) + IUI#3 TI  = BFN
    IUI cancelled due to weather
    Cycle 22: Follistim + IUI#3.1 = BFN

Cycle 23: treatment break, IVF consult
    Cycle 24 - 26: natural cycle w/ acupuncture + Chinese herbs = BFN
    Cycle 27: Follistim + IUI#4 = BFFN
    Natural Cycles until IVF
    Cycle 30: IVF#1 - Starting with Menopur + Follistim + Ganirelix
    17 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 5dt w/ 2 blasts, 5 frosties

Betas:  #1-156(9dp5dt), #2-1200(13dp5) #3-6112(17dp5)
    Ultrasound #1 10/6: 1 bean!
    TEAM BLUE!

My Chart
    ~~ALL WELCOME~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know how you feel. Back when DH and I first started trying he got me a card on mother's day and called me the future mother of his child. It was so sweet and we hadn't had any big trouble yet so it made me happy. The next year he did the same thing and it made me cry my eyes out. Thankfully he hasn't made that mistake again.

Me-36
    DH -35
    Married in 2008
    Started TTC in 2011
    Began testing May 2014
    Test Results
    HSG- clear
    Hysteroscopy- clear
    SA- 11 mil count
    45% motility
    Diagnosis: MFI
    July 2014: Femera 5mg CD 4-8, Trigger, IUI = BFN
    August 2015: Femera 5mg CD 4-8, Trigger, IUI = BFN
    September 2015: Femera 5mg CD 4-8, Trigger, IUI = BFN
    May 2018 after long period of not trying, starting adoption process with family friend's newborn
    November 2018 Adoption complete!

• calindi said:

If anyone's near Savannah, or wants to make the trip, we can beach it up on Mothers Day.  Totally serious.  I'll make the margs.

@lebradford - I actually really like this therapist :-)  When he asked me how I was going to handle it, especially as I'll be completely alone all day, I told him I honestly considered just getting drunk on Saturday and staying drunk until Monday.  And he sort of cocked his head at me and asked, "Do you think that will make you feel better?"  And no, damnit, it won't.  And I try to never drink when I'm alone and/or sad (alcoholism runs in the family), just socially.  But if someone wanted to come drink with me, that makes it ALL better! ;-)
    Oh, whew! I was hoping you would know I was joking. I'm very sarcastic, but I know that doesn't always translate well online.

I would be all over an all-day 3T group drink-a-thon though....
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• This will be my first Mother's Day while dealing with TTTC. It's amazing the things you don't realize will change once you start having trouble conceiving. Holidays with only positive meaning are suddenly changed. Heck, today I had trouble walking past the HPTs in Walgreens to get to the tampons because I distinctly remember myself, just a year ago, excitedly buying tests and convincing myself that one of those sticks was going to be my BFP.

So, yeah, I'm all down for the all-day drink-a-thon, @lebradford
    Me & DH: 24 Married: 5/11
    Started TTC: 12/12 Testing Started: 5/14
    Dx: Irregular Ovulation, possible PCOS
    Treatment starting July '14: Letrozole + Trigger + TI
    Surprise natural BFP right before starting meds!!!!!- EDD 3/7/15

• Glad I'm not the only crazy one :)

Let's hope this will be the last mother's day any of us will have to feel this way!
    *** If you want to know where I (and soo many others) have gone, click here ***
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"