August 2014 Moms

Best Meal Ever (well recently at least)

Sorry for being a bit AW, but I have to brag about my lunch today.  After throwing up 3 times this morning I didn't know if I was even going to be able to meet up with my friend, but I powered thru & had a wonderful lunch.

My meal was a brat on a pita, covered in mac & cheese.  Not just any mac & cheese, but some of the best mac & cheese that has ever crossed my lips.  The brat was also one of the best brats I have ever had.  So so good!  It came with a side of homemade potato chips & homemade pickles.  Yum! 

If that wasn't good enough they make small bite desserts so I thought I would treat myself to one.  It was frozen chocolate mousse with red sea salt, & caramel & peanut butter drizzled on top...OMG!

Tell me about some of your favorite recent meals so I can drool some more.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Best Meal Ever (well recently at least)

• Yesterday I made Honey Sriracha Wings and Sweet Potato Wedges. It was like Bdubs, but more delicious, cheaper, and healthier.
  • Ptarma said:
    Wow! That dessert sounds extremely decadent! Last night my hubby made steak on the grill (yum!) and we had homegrown artichokes with homemade mac n cheese on the side.
    Any suggestions for making artichokes?  We bought some that were on sale the other day & realized that we have no clue how to really make them.  I looked up some recipes, but I'm curious how you make them.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My favorite meal lately is anything with avocado sauce. Usually some buckwheat pasta or millet and lentils with sautéed zucchini and spinach. Top it with the avocado sauce and YUM! My other obsession lately isn't really a meal but I can't get enough of kale chips. I've been making them everyday. They're gone in 5 minutes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"