Breastfeeding

Yeast?

This may be a sort of dumb question, but baby was diagnosed with a yeast infection on his face.  He was given a ketoconazole cream to put on his cheeks and they cleared up practically overnight.   However, it's been about two weeks and it looks like it is starting to come back.  I haven't seen any evidence of thrush on his mouth, but do you guys think it could also be a breast infection that I am passing back to him.  I don't think I have symptoms though.  I have nipple pain that comes and goes every few days, but it is only one side and seems to go away on its own.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

Re: Yeast?

• how long did you apply the cream to his face? did you stop after it cleared up? yeast infections are notoriously tough to kick, so i would keep applying the cream to his face for a few more weeks just to make sure it's really gone. you could also try giving him probiotic drops.

if you were passing the infection to him through nursing, i think it would show up only in his mouth, like you said. i think it's just that the yeast wasn't completely killed off and flared up again.
  • Thanks we did the cream for 10 days, but it seems we may have needed it a little longer

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"