Caribbean Babies
Options

If your first labor was fast or slow...

does that mean your subsequent ones are similar?

I told S/O that I plan to labor at home as long as possible before we go to the hospital (we are only a few miles away from it).

When I had DD I was induced, but on the 3rd day they broke my water and I had her in 2.5 hours.

So that makes me think when my water breaks with this one, it's going to go quick. But maybe it was that way because I was on day 3 of an induction?

I just don't know if I should head to the hospital quicker than I think...I'm gonna ask my MW also, but I don't see her till next week.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: If your first labor was fast or slow...

• Options
    Emerald27Emerald27 member
    edited April 2014
    It really depends. I think most moms would say that subsequent labors are faster, but it really all depends on baby's position, head size, etc.

If baby no.1 was low and face down, but baby no. 3 is high, transverse, face up, and has a hand over her head, the third labor could be hours and hours longer than the first...

ETA: WTH, autocorrect!
    imageimage
  • Options
    ::lurking:: my mom had 9 kids and every labor was longer by about ~2 hours. She labored for 2 hours with me and it was up to like 20 with her last kid. So I guess it's different person to person.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My first was 7 hours total (3 hours pushing).  My 2nd was 2 hours 45 minutes total (2 pushes).

I'm hoping this one is about the same as my 2nd, but you never know.

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    janda426 said:
    ::lurking:: my mom had 9 kids and every labor was longer by about ~2 hours. She labored for 2 hours with me and it was up to like 20 with her last kid. So I guess it's different person to person.

9?! That's amazing! She has my grandma beat by 3!

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"