May 2014 Moms
Options

Back pain

I know back pain is normal but this is on some other level. Started last week on my lower right side.
I can barly walk on that side of my body I limp or hold into the wall or a ledge. I asked my doctor last week and he said it's normal there's nothing they can do. I have another appt tomorrow which I will tell him that it's getting worse. But is there anything i can do to make it go away? I read it can be where the baby is positioned and he can be on a nerve. I'm 39 weeks so I know I'm getting close but I haven't had any signs of labor so I don't think it has anything to do with it but I'm in so much pain when I try to walk or get out of bed or move that side of my body it takes my breath away. :( any help or advice would help thank you.

Re: Back pain

• Options
    Child's pose is recommended for relief of nerve pain and the pelvic discomfort of pregnancy. Maybe it would work for your back too, since your pain is nerve related too? Cat/cow is another good one for general pain relief during pregnancy.

https://www.babymed.com/prenatal-yoga/restorative-yoga-supported-childs-pose-garbhasana

https://www.babymed.com/prenatal-yoga/prenatal-yoga-catcow-stretches

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    There's not much most doctors will do but you could consider a chiropractor to help. That's my go to for hip/back/rib/neck issues, even then though they can't make miracles happen at this stage in the game. If your body is doing what it should be at this point chiro adjustments may not last very long.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sit on an exercise ball.
  • Options
    It won't make it go away, but you can make a really easy back massager out of tennis balls that helps A LOT! As the women in the video says, it looks silly. I was skeptical but made one about a week ago and have used it every day since. Hope it helps! We're almost there! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    I get this bad too, try sitting on a chair and put one foot across your other leg so you make a triangle space. I think this is also similar to pigeon pose of done on the ground.
  • Options
    A nurse told me to get on all 4's and stay in that position for a bit to get the baby to move around or off that nerve. She said it will make the baby drop some and reposition.
  • Options
    i use a heating pad and tylenol when my back is bothering me. or i get on my hands and knees and rest my arms on an exercise ball to try to stretch my back out a bit. good luck! back pain sucks.

Welcomed our rainbow baby 5/20/2014! It's a girl!

• Options
    Tylenol
  • Options
    Thanks ladies I talked to my doctor again today and he pretty much said it is what it is baby is probably hitting a nerve. Iv been trying the positions you guys recommended so hopefully they will work. Also I broke out the rice pad and took the dog for a long walk. Walking hurts but it does seem to break it up a bit. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"