July 2012 Moms
Options

sand boxes

Do any of you have one for LO? We got Ava a water table a couple weeks ago that she LOVES but ever since she watched me digging around in one of the plant boxes outside, she wants to dig in the boxes too. I don't want her digging up any of the bulbs that are planted in them so we aren't letting her and she gets so upset. I thought maybe if we get her one of those sand boxes that has a cover on it - that way we can cover it up after she plays in it so the animals don't go into it. (my biggest worry is that it will be used as a giant litter box and I don't want her playing around in the poop!)

I found one of those turtle ones in great condition on Craigslist for only $20 and it's not too far away from where we live (maybe 10-15 min). I told my H about it and he said no way to the sand box as there is going to be sand everywhere and we will be cleaning it out of everything. Good point but I think she needs something to dig around in. 

I don't know if I should just go get it and convince my H that she will love it, or screw the whole idea. The lady who has the turtle thing is kind of pissing me off too. She is constantly texting me almost to the point where I feel harassed. She wanted me to go late last night to pick it up and I was like um no. I'm not driving in the pouring rain in the dark late at night to pick up a sandbox from someone on craigslist. So then I get 3 texts in a row first thing in this morning asking if I can go right now. Ava was still asleep. And since I didn't respond right away (I was in the bathroom) she texted twice more - just a bunch of question marks. 

Anyway, the point to this long post was - is the sand box worth it?

Re: sand boxes

• Options
    Definitely worth it. Tucker loves to dig and pour the sand into cups. I haven't noticed the sand getting everywhere, but we do brush him off well after he's done.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hijinx said:
    My parents have one at their house and L absolutely loves digging in it. Daycare also has a raised sand table and he has tons of fun playing in the sand. I'm planning on making him a sandbox for his birthday as his gift from us.

That lady is crazy and I would not buy from her on principle!
    This. Except DH will be making it, not me.

Definitely avoid the crazy craigslister.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    >>>---FSU--->

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"