April 2014 Moms

C-Section Vs. Vaginal

lilmama412lilmama412 member
edited April 2014 in April 2014 Moms
I am really surprised with the amount of c-sections on this board. Just curious as to how many we have vs vaginal births.
BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

C-Section Vs. Vaginal 416 votes

C-section
31% 131 votes
Vaginal
59% 246 votes
SS
9% 39 votes

Re: C-Section Vs. Vaginal

• HBAC-->40hrs of labour at 4cm-->RCS. I feel like a complete failure.
  • Loading the player...
  • 25 hrs pitocin induced med free labor 8 hrs with epi. Stalled at a 4 for 10 hrs-> unplanned cs.
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Complete placenta previa, so no option other than c/s.
  • C-section - LO's head wouldn't fit through my pelvis.
  • Unplanned c-section after induction.  Baby's heart rate was seriously dropping when I was pushing.   Plus she was sunny side up with the cord around her.  Kind of a hot mess really. 

I was glad she could just get out safely.  I was terrified of a csection but it really wasn't bad at all. 
  • Hoped for a VBAC but OB wouldn't induce. Scheduled RCS for 2 days overdue and never went into labor on my own.
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Baby A got stuck in the canal and B turned breech. OB didn't feel comfortable pulling out both babies. Last minute I decided to c-section these guys out!
    image    image    image    image

• Breech baby the entire pregnancy! And issues with my uterus we were about 90% sure we would have a section from about week 18 and that's exactly how it went. Didn't make into my scheduled date so I did labor for a few hours before I knew what was going on!

BabyFetus Ticker

• I feel really grateful I had access to the care providers I did. If I had had a different ob or midwife I think I very easily could've ended up with a section. That being said, anyone who brings a child into this world deserves all the street cred in the world. It's not like you can look at a group of three year olds and tell who was a c section and who wasn't.
    this, exactly
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was about 10 min away from a c section during both of my deliveries. DS was in distress and his heart rate kept dropping, they had the OR booked for me, but I managed to get him out at the last second. Same thing with DD, but the cord was wrapped around her neck. They had the OR ready for me on that too, but managed to push her out in 3 pushes.

I am very grateful I didn't have to have one, but also extremely grateful that we live in a day and age where that option is available to those that need it.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Unscheduled c-section after water broke and labored for about 12 hours! Got stuck at 7cm for 3 hours and baby girl wouldn't progress! Turns out she would have never fit thru my pelvic! Not my ideal l&d since I know now I probably can never experience a vaginal birth but I'm healthy and baby girl is alive and healthy so that's all that matters!! It does however make me wonder what they did to save mommy and baby way back when in this situation!!
    Married: 2012 --- BFP: 2013 - Little Miss arrived: 2014 --- BFP #2: 2015 - EDD: 2/2016 (Team Green)
  • megla said:

C-section - LO's head wouldn't fit through my pelvis.

This exactly...I got to 7cm and that was it. I was in labor close to 24 hours.
  • Vaginal, 5 hour labor (so great full that it was fast).
  • C-section for us--baby turned breech in January, and kept going between transverse and breech the rest of the pregnancy. They think it was due to a large fibroid I have right next to where the placenta was. Regardless of how painful the recovery has been, I'm very pleased with how my delivery went. DH has told me multiple times he couldn't have handled a vaginal birth (not good with me being in pain and feeling like he can't help), and my surgery/anaethesia team was amazing. My scar is super low, doesn't hurt even though the lower layers still do, and I got discharged a day early since I was recovering so well. Of course, to ME it has felt like my body has just fallen apart, but the recovery has been "amazing" according to my doctors, and I got an adorable baby out of the deal only ten minutes into the surgery, so win-win?
  • megla said:

Ditto
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • megla said:

Same here!

• Unplanned CS. After 4hrs of pushing he wasn't coming down & started going into distress. Turns out he was sunny side up & wouldn't fit under my pubic bone.
    NTNP 11/2011 CP 11/29/12 BFP 8/6/13 EDD 4/16/14 ♥ 
    Logan Timothy - Born 4/5/14 @ 38w3d, 7lbs14.8oz, 20½in.
    imageimage
  • I feel really grateful I had access to the care providers I did. If I had had a different ob or midwife I think I very easily could've ended up with a section. That being said, anyone who brings a child into this world deserves all the street cred in the world. It's not like you can look at a group of three year olds and tell who was a c section and who wasn't.

@Rrrrrachel‌ I love this so hard!
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • macynsnoopmacynsnoop member
    edited April 2014
    Induced, 26 hours of labor with no pain meds. 2-3 hours of pushing, baby was not tolerating labor & would not move past 0 position. Did an epi, baby still in distress, unplanned csection.
  • MissWhis said:

I hate that I feel like I have to explain or justify my c-section to everyone.

Not me- I'm extra impressed by c-sec mamas because they have to be post-op and new moms at the same time. An uncomplicated vaginal delivery (of a normal sized baby) is way easier.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • MissWhis said:

I feel the same way! Everyone always asks WHY I got a C-section, as if I'm going to say "well, I didn't really feel like trying vaginal labor". But then, there has been a lot about the entire pregnancy that I've had to justify so explaining my CS just seems like par for the course at this point.
  • megla said:

This is what happened for me too. Unplanned C section after 20 hours of labor.

BFP 8/9/2013
    EDD for our baby boy 4/14/2014
    Eli Thomas born 4/22/2014

• Induction with Cervadil, two days of on and off contractions, and then Pitocin. Was in active labour from 8am til 12pm. An hour and a half of pushing and had a vaginal birth. Almost turnsd into c-section tho because baby was having a hard time fitting thru the birth canal. Two failed vacuum attempts and then forceps used to get her out. Suffered third degree tearing as a result but glad I got the vaginal birth I wanted at least!
  • Water broke, followed by 12 hours of labor, 3 hours of pushing, and ended in a c-section! Babies head was turned and he was at a weird angle. After they pulled him out the doctor said "you were never guna get this baby out"
  • ksulli said:

MissWhis said:

Not me- I'm extra impressed by c-sec mamas because they have to be post-op and new moms at the same time. An uncomplicated vaginal delivery (of a normal sized baby) is way easier.
    @ksulli, I love you.
    image    image    image    image

• Baby couldn't get past my pelvic bone and when they cut me open he was sunny side up.

I feel like I will go into my next labor with confidence. I'm hoping for a VBAC. But this first time, I labored naturally, then on Stadol, then with an epidural, then I pushed like hell for hours, then I finally got a C-section. So what I'm saying is, bring it on! I've done it all!

• Vaginal, but I'm pretty sure I would have stalled out and had an RCS if not for the pitocin. My first was a CS baby. 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wanted a VBAC but had a "surprise" RCS on my EDD due to pre-e.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • poru said:

Then when I ended up having a successful VBAC this time people would want to compare my two deliveries.

I get asked this with two vaginal deliveries, so I'm not sure it's truly a c-sec vs vaginal question.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • I agree, I hate how everyone feels like a csection should come with an explanation!
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"