Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Diaper rash

What are your suggestions for a severe diaper rash? This is my DD (due to use of antibiotics) 1st so I'm open for suggestions. Aquaphor is our top choice but tonight we tried oatmeal bath soak and then anti-monkey butt powder and are leaving her open to air tonight. Just curious what everyone else does :)

Re: Diaper rash

• Options
    steelerbaby29steelerbaby29 member
    edited April 2014
    Using diaper creams dont seem to work as well for my son as just plain un-scented baby powder. I agree with pp, air out as much as possible. Whenever Ive tried using desitin or something similar the rash doesnt seem to go away as quickly as when I use baby powder.
  • Options
    vvolekvvolek member
    Thank ya'll very much! The anti-monkey butt powder seems to be working wonders right now! It has calazime in it which works wonders on elderly patients and I see it worked for my daughter. Our diaper rash is caused by antibiotics from an ear infection too @tricia560. The doctor suggested probiotic drops daily when on antibiotics to help out but we haven't tried that! I bought cornstarch baby powder as a back-up but haven't had to use it. I'll keep the baking soda baths in mind! I've heard about them but just haven't tried them! Thank you again :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    vvolekvvolek member
    @tricia560- Awesome! I will keep that in mind. That's one thing we don't have in the house so I will grab some the next time I go out. Luckily we have tubes in our ears so ear infections aren't as bad anymore!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"