2nd Trimester

Crib Question

Attention all Mom's and Mom's to be: 
Do you have a crib and changing table combo? Did you have one? Did you like it? 
How fast does the baby grow out of being changed on it? 
Is it worth it to buy the combo, or better to buy a crib and then a small dresser and get a changing pad for it? 
The combo's look so small, just for infants, I feel as if it would end up being a waste... but that's where all of you wonderful Mom's come in handy.
Thank you in advance for the advice!! 

Best Answer

Answers

• No combo here.  Separate crib and dresser(using a changing pad on top) for both LOs. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies. I was thinking the same thing, just wanted to see what y'all thought, and work for you and your little ones.  
  • abbyfulabbyful member
    edited April 2014
    Just a regular crib.

We didn't even buy a changing table or pad at all. We just change DS wherever we happen to be, just throw a towel or receiving blanket down and change him on the bed, couch, floor, etc.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We opted for the combo because it worked best for our space, crib still converts to standard toddler and full size bed
  • No previous experience, but I think I might be getting one this time around.  Our nursery is small and I would like to get rid of my changing table and save the space by getting the combo (need to get a new crib anyway b/c DD#2 is a maniac and broke the one we had).

As one of the PPs mentioned though, you actually don't NEED a changing table.  The floor/bed/whatever works just fine.
    Photoset 15 of 15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Regular crib with rails that can convert to toddler bed. Changing table with storage underneath also. But once LO is old enough I plan on converting it into something like a vanity for her. 
    Baby Maloney due 8-3-14!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary

• We opted for the combo because it worked best for our space, crib still converts to standard toddler and full size bed

This is what I had for my first and for my second I took the changing table off and didn't use it once he was 9 months old or so. It's still standard crib size. I got a regular crib for this baby because DS2 is still using the other. It's personal preference really.
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DS Grayson (3yrs) (Emergency Csec)
    imageDS Camden (1yr) (All natural Vbac)
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We have a separate crib, changing table and dresser. The changing table was never a waste for us. I like everything in one spot all the time. I'd say we have used it 99.9% of the time with both of our babies. Our 2.5 year old still gets changed on it every day.
  • We have a separate crib, changing table and dresser. The changing table was never a waste for us. I like everything in one spot all the time. I'd say we have used it 99.9% of the time with both of our babies. Our 2.5 year old still gets changed on it every day.

This. Plus the changing table has extra storage space!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"