Working Moms

Meal Plan Monday

What's everyone got planned this week?  My meal plans are going to become incredibly boring because I'm limiting my meals to healthy options to help me lose weight.  I think I can come up with 2 weeks worth of meals that are relatively healthy and just plan on rotating those.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

Re: Meal Plan Monday

• jlaOKjlaOK member
    Monday - BBQ meatballs
    Tuesday - tacos / taco salad
    Wednesday - turkey wraps
    Thursday - leftovers / chicken nuggets
    Friday - ?
    Saturday - ?
    Sunday - ?

View Full Size Image

• We have lots of left overs from DS's birthday party. But I want to share a recipe I tried last week and hope I can make again this week!

Delish! And very easy.
  • Loading the player...
  • over the weekend i made my favorite beans recipe (except i used canned pinto beans cuz i was strapped for time), and a large batch of brown rice. i also made whole wheat pasta with red pepper/tomato sauce. so those are our 2 batches of leftovers. probably another night will be grilled cheese or tuna salad. beyong that, i'm clueless. i didn't plan too well this week. 0_o

• M- Paprika and green bean chicken

T- Honey glazed baked salmon, corn on cob, Salad

W- Pasta and meatballs if i have a sauce left in the freezer

T- Turkey tacos or wraps, brown rice

F- Veg pizza

@molisar- the fish tacos looks amazing!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mon: Homemade Waffles, eggs and bacon- BRINNER!

Tues: chicken enchiladas

Wed: BBQ glazed Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn

Thurs: spinach and cheese ravioli, garlic bread w/salad

Fri: DD's birthday- Chuck E Cheese!!!

Sat: DDs party so probably leftovers

Sun: MIL's bday so we're grilling out

• MamaB828 said:
    Monday: Homemade meatball hot pockets

The rest of the week: ????

This is our 2nd week of a cupboard cleanse, got the idea from Extreme cheapskates. So dinners this week will be kind of interesting as I'm just using up randoms from the cupboard. 
    Sounds like a great idea! What are the crusts of the hot pockets made of? I love hot pockets but try not to buy much frozen processed food so homemade ones would be great!
  • I think I need to learn how to grill. We have a charcoal BBQ grill but DH always does it. I was in the mood for BBQ b/c I could smell it all over the neighborhood (the weather is finally nice). DH is still recovering, so I made burgers on my Forman grill last night. They were okay, and the whole meal was so easy with corn, baked beans, and potato salad. But I seriously think I need to learn to grill for real.

Oh and I have no plan for the rest of the week. Probably some type of chicken crock pot meal. I really need to get my pregnant act together. This week I'm blaming it on DS being sick all weekend.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jlaOKjlaOK member
    MamaB828 said:
    Monday: Homemade meatball hot pockets

The rest of the week: ????

This is our 2nd week of a cupboard cleanse, got the idea from Extreme cheapskates. So dinners this week will be kind of interesting as I'm just using up randoms from the cupboard. 
    It's also a cupboard clean out week for us.  This usually happens the last week of the month when I'm out of grocery money.  April's 5 week month has been killer on the budget.

View Full Size Image

• jlaOKjlaOK member
    jf198400 said:
    I think I need to learn how to grill. We have a charcoal BBQ grill but DH always does it. I was in the mood for BBQ b/c I could smell it all over the neighborhood (the weather is finally nice). DH is still recovering, so I made burgers on my Forman grill last night. They were okay, and the whole meal was so easy with corn, baked beans, and potato salad. But I seriously think I need to learn to grill for real. Oh and I have no plan for the rest of the week. Probably some type of chicken crock pot meal. I really need to get my pregnant act together. This week I'm blaming it on DS being sick all weekend.
    I also need to learn to grill.  Seriously, I can't even turn ours on.  DH usually does the grilling but I can't wait for him to come home and grill on week days or we'd eat too late.

View Full Size Image

• I will not be home to cook so I had to plan super easy stuff for DH.
    M- flatbread pizzas and salad
    T- fish stick tacos
    W- pasta with white beans and turkey sausage
    Th- grilled cheese and tomato soup
    F- breakfast for dinner
    S- out for pizza with my parents

I used to grill all the time when I was growing up. My nickname was The Grillmaster. But I have abdicated my title to DH because it is the one culinary duty he owns. Not that he is particularly good at it, but using a meat thermometer has helped. :)
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • M - Fish tacos with ST Buttermilk-Avocado Dressing

T - Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs

W - Shrimp and Zoodles

Th -Shrimp and Avocado Tostadas, Quesadillas for the kids

F - Out

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"