December 2012 Moms
Options

Toddler speak

Milla kept pointing to the tv saying "da cock!" I was like wtf is she talking about? She wanted to watch Doc McStuffins. I hope she doesn't yell that at target if she sees a doc toy.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage

Re: Toddler speak

• Options
    Skye mostly babbles in full "sentances", but she's very serious about it.  She does tend to say Hold DIs, Dada and Daddy.  
  • Options
    Any animal is "cat cat" to DD, but if you aren't used to her talking, it sounds like she's call it  "caca"...she also calls almost every male "Dada"

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our newest phrase is "Teef peas!" He loves brushing his teeth so whenever he sees a toothbrush he runs over & points & yells "Teef! Teeeef! Teef peas!" until we hand him the toothbrush. 

In the mornings when I get him out of his crib I always ask if he's ready to snuggle in our bed and he's started pointing out his bedroom door & saying "Uggle". 

Instead of "love you" or some toddler variation when we say it to him he blows us kisses. DH has always said "Muah (moo-ah)" to me & Killian picked it up a month or so ago.
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    image image image
  • Options
    Ainsley is somewhat obsessed with Tinkerbell. She says it like Tin-to-bell, but it is so close, even other people can understand what she is saying. That is her biggest word at this point. Another cute one is "floffy" or "flowey" which is flowers. I have to remember to write some of these down in her baby book so I don't forget them.
  • Options
    She says some words very clearly, others are more... you have to know the context I guess.
    Like she says bah for bath, ow-sye for outside, boo for book, dah ruff for dog, bapa for grandpa, bice for Bryce, but she clearly says several others that strangers can understand. My favorite is she calls DH Josh. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options

Isa mostly babbles, though I'm pretty sure that she thinks she's saying something insightful.  Mama, dada, baby (which seems to universally describe all other people and all animals), and hi are clear enough to recognize.  Itty (kitty) and ank eww (thank you) are clear to us.  Otherwise, you can sometimes tell based on the context, but often not too.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    My daughter just started saying "Fray" for Frozen. It's her brothers fav. We've seen it about a dozen times. Just last night she tried to add the "n" so now it's "Frayen". I asked DH if I should just shell out $12 for the soundtrack. He says,"really? Do we need more Frozen in our lives?" Lol
  • Options
    Sonja has started saying "I uuh ewwww" for I love you and it just melts my heart every time.  She has also learned to say "help", which is cutting down on the whining and freaking out when she can't do something.  Otherwise, it's all bunch of jibberjabber, very earnest and serious jibberjabber.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Alivia says "mama" "dada" "baby" and "meow meow meow meow meow" when ever she sees a cat. Also "ruf ruf" for dogs. She's trying to grunt like a pig and she moos too. Lately I'm not sure what she's trying to say but she says "mamadada" over and over and it ends up being "mygada" and my mom was talking about "googly eyes" for those silly eyes on the mr potatoe head and now she try's to say "googoly"
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Options
    Dd says a lot of words her all time favorite is "hi" we just got back from cancun so she learned "hola" very cute, a few other favorites are juice( every drink is juice) side for outside, dant doo(thank you), cee cee our cat sandy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"