Eco-Friendly Family

Eco-friendly disposable diapers?

I am still considering the prospect of cloth diapering (I'm only 4.5 months along so have a while to decide!), but I am curious if anyone has any eco-friendly disposable diapers that they would encourage or discourage others from using. I've seen several brands out there like Earth's Best Organic, Seventh Generation, Honest Co., etc., but don't know anyone with any personal experience with any of them. Thanks in advance for your input!

Re: Eco-friendly disposable diapers?

• I've only tried 2...Seventh Generation and Babyganics. I prefer Seventh Generation and like that I can find them pretty much anywhere. The Babyganics ones were really thick and too "poofy".

1 miracle Earth baby and 5 Angel babies

~All welcome~

• Mamanatural has a green disposable diaper review. That said, I just ordered a few Gdiapers (with disposable inserts) for our upcoming road trip. We cloth diaper usually. We did have a pack of seventh generation in the newborn stage but hated them--so many leaks and blowouts! https://www.mamanatural.com/green-diaper-showdown/
  • Loading the player...
  • I love Honest diapers!  I cloth diapered my 2nd baby until I gave up because of laundry issues.  I've tried a few other brands and Honest is the best and a pretty good deal for the Diapers and Wipes Bundle.
  • bohemianlcbohemianlc member
    edited April 2014
    I love Honest diapers!  I cloth diapered my 2nd baby until I gave up because of laundry issues.  I've tried a few other brands and Honest is the best and a pretty good deal for the Diapers and Wipes Bundle.
    I read on some reviews that Honest diapers leak really badly, but those reviews seemed to be in the minority. You haven't had such issues? 
  • Bleachy14 said:
    We love Honest Co diapers... no problems with leaking. We mainly cloth diaper but sometimes use disposables when out and about. We initially used Seventh Generation, and they leaked horribly... once we switched to Honest diapers, we've had no issues with leaking!
    That's great to hear! My husband and I are also considering the "cloth diaper, sometimes disposable" thing. 

Thanks for all your feedback; every little bit helps us in making well-informed decisions. :)
  • We cloth diaper but when we do use disposables for trips we use Andy Pandy!  :)
  • Honeybe82 said:
    We cloth diaper but when we do use disposables for trips we use Andy Pandy!  :)
    Interesting! I've never even heard of that brand. I'll add it to our list to consider. Thanks! :)
  • We use cloth at home and earths best at daycare. You should look at earths best; I love them! I used babygearlab.com as the predominant resource in determining which brand to get.

Baby C - 08.23.13
  • We mainly CD but we like Nature Babycare and Earths best. I've been curious about the babyganics.

We also will use the disposable GDiaper inserts with our Thirsties covers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We use Honest Co and love them! No leaks!!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have been using babyorganics and we love them! No leaks and no rashes makes for a very happy baby and mommy!
  • Meery82Meery82 member
    We use Honest Co and love them! No leaks!!
    This
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • louisewclouisewc member
    edited June 2014
    Natycare from Sweden are the absolute best.  No chemical smell, pretty good success rate with no leaks.  Better suited for slightly chubbier bums and legs perhaps, as my neighbour with her kids with slimmer thighs and smaller bum-bums reports that she found they didn't fit well enough for her kids.  So, she went with Earth's Best, and I have used them too.  Sometimes the chemical small with them is too much for me though.  But Earth's Best is pretty good success against leaks, and versatile fit.
  • louisewclouisewc member
    edited June 2014
    I avoid Honest Co after what they put the Honest Toddler author through!  *Honestly!*
  • I love Honest diapers!  I cloth diapered my 2nd baby until I gave up because of laundry issues.  I've tried a few other brands and Honest is the best and a pretty good deal for the Diapers and Wipes Bundle.
    I read on some reviews that Honest diapers leak really badly, but those reviews seemed to be in the minority. You haven't had such issues? 
    We CD, but the little boy I take care of during the day is in Honest Diapers.  I've been using them for over a year now and they are great, no leaking issues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"