March 2014 Moms
Options

How did you deliver?

linzerdlinzerd member
edited April 2014 in March 2014 Moms
Now that I'm pretty sure all the March Mamas have delivered, I was curious to see how we all ended up delivering. I don't think I've seen this posted anywhere other than everyone's individual birth stories and I was just wondering about the ratio....
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Anniversary

How did you deliver? 263 votes

Med free natural birth
18% 48 votes
Natural birth with meds
3% 9 votes
Natural (vaginal) birth with epidural
22% 60 votes
Emergency C Section
17% 45 votes
Planned C Section
11% 29 votes
Induction with meds and/or epi
17% 46 votes
Induction without (pain) meds
3% 9 votes
Home birth
1% 3 votes
Water birth (at home or otherwise)
1% 3 votes
Other: please do tell...did you deliver on the side of the highway in the car?!?! ;-)
4% 11 votes

Re: How did you deliver?

• Options
    Vaginal with epidural, which I almost didn't get. Despite having been in and out of L&D three times in 48 hours, I was admitted at 9 cm dilated. Thankfully, labor stalled for two hours and the amazing wonderful angel of a nurse called the anesthesiologist last minute.
    February 19, 2010- BFP! March 14, 2010- M/C January 17, 2011- BFP! April 26th, 2011- It's a boy! Due September 20, 2011 May 2, 2011- Confirmed Gastroschisis August 7, 2011- Labor begins August 12, 2011- Max is born October 4, 2011- Max comes home!

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My csection was planned and an emergency. Can I pick two? Hahaha.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Induction with meds. My water broke, just a little, a few days before my due date and on the 8th of march (due date 7th, water broke on the 5th) I went to the hospital and did everything. Did great with all those meds I had to take.
    DS - March 9th 2014 TTC #2 - May 2015 BFP - October 2015 EDD - July 7th 2016
  • Options
    Water broke naturally but had pitocin. Vaginal with epi. I don't know how you ladies did it without!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Induced with pitocin at 39 weeks due to hypertension and suspected fetal macrosomia.

Labored without pain meds up to transition (one failed/misplaced epidural at 9 cm), got a successful epidural at transition for pushing and repair.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • Options
    I voted med free natural birth since that's how it ended up going - but really I had a planned home birth and had to transfer to the hospital. It was almost a car birth though :)
    imageimage 
  • Options
    Scheduled CS since the last kid was an emergency CS.
  • Options
    I was induced with pitocin at 39 weeks due to high blood pressure but had no other meds. I consider it a med free, natural birth.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    Induced at 40+3 for high blood pressure. Delivered 40+4 and two doses of epidural juice later, and as many of the little IV shots of fentanol they would give me pre-epi. Definitely not med free!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Vaginal twins delivery with pitocin augment, epidural placed but not running (in case of stat c-section for twin B).
  • Options
    You've seen my 2-part saga...

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.

Anniversary 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I had to go in for induction due to pre-eclampsia. After 48 hours there was no change and lo's heartbeat began to worry the doctor so I had a c-section. It wasn't planned, but wasn't an emergency either.

Pretty much exactly this. Went in for induction for hypertension and after 48 hours and 4 on call docs we determined she was just too big to fit. C-section it was. I'm slightly traumatized by my labor and delivery experience. Always said I'd go for a vbac if I ever had a c-section but I don't know that I would mentally survive a long labor turned c-section again.

Anniversary

• Options
    Vaginal with some IV meds at the end when I was begging for a too late epi. I had planned to go med free but transition was too much for me.
  • Options
    I had an induction and an epidural. I had a very easy labor, delivery and recovery. I don't know if I did the same way again, if it would be easy again though. Also, I had a scheduled induction, but I had started going into labor that morning.

imageimage

• Options
    Home birth - everything went as planned. 
    Mom to 5 wonderful kids: 18ds, 15ds, 13ds, 11dd and baby boy! Why get old when you can get pregnant?

• Options
    I feel like I should be able to check a whole bunch of these. I was induced, got an epi that didn't work. I almost delivered vaginally until his head wouldn't come out any further, and ended up with an ecs. I know he didn't leave my body vaginally, but I still feel like the pushing and him crowning so much was still part of the delivery. I did check emergency c section tho.
  • Options
    Vaginal with epi although I needed pitocin because I was contracting but not dilating.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Induced at 41 weeks. They were hooking up the fentanyl when I was 4 cm but then I started yelling that I felt a lot of pressure the dr checked and baby was crowning so I didn't get even a full dose before they turned it off and I started pushing so I consider it med free
  • Options
    I labored for 12 hours after my water broke, got some pit after 2 hours and an epi at about hour 9, didn't progress past 5cm so I picked emergency c section because it wasn't planned, but like pp it wasn't really an emergency in the true sense.
  • Options
    laurstarx said:

Water broke naturally but had pitocin. Vaginal with epi. I don't know how you ladies did it without!!

Same with me! And yes, I don't know how anyone does it med free!!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    laurstarx said:

This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker    image

Our English Bulldog, Ulga born 4/9/2013

Baby Boy Xander born 3/13/2014

• Options
    SS here-My first twin was vaginal with an epi, the other twin was an emergency c section
  • Options
    Water broke, contractions started after water broke (which didn't happen with DS1). Got an epi at 4cm not sure how you ladies go med free. Got to 10cm and my contractions slowed to 5min apart. I was given pitocin at that time to get things moving again.'
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Damn it! I am still emotionally not over my labor experience :( I get jealous hearing about med free natural birth stories and it makes me upset and then I just cry.its still so hard to talk about.

labored in my birth center for 37 hours straight. Transferred to hospital for pitocin to get contractions going stronger. Baby wasn't coming down and my contractions got way too far apart.
    Labored on pitocin for 4 1/2 hours then got epidural. Labored on high dose of pitocin w/ epi for another 2 1/2 hours then had to have an 'emergency' csection because cord was wrapped around his neck twice and wrapped around his chest like a sash so there was no way he was coming out vaginally. But we had no idea until he was born about the cord. So all together my labor was 47 hours.

Engaged 12-12-10 Married 5-12-12 Baby Jaxon 3-23-14 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Call Me Mrs.Foster Blog

• Options
    Scheduled for induction due to pre-e, labored med-free for 14hrs, got halfway there, then was discovered he'd flipped to breech and was rushed to an emergency c-section

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Induced at 39+2 by choice (flame away) due to baby being big. Got the epi and 4 re-doses then had my chunky monkey!
  • Options
    I was induced because I probably would still be pregnant if they didn't force her out! haha kidding...but not kidding. She was born vaginally 8 days late and I had an epidural.

• Options
    Yep other! In a car while in route. Told my husband to drive I wasn't about to have him pull over
  • Options
    I hoped for a med free birth but I ended up needing pitocin (& oxygen).
    My water broke naturally around 5am & we were at the hospital in an hour. After being checked at triage (no contractions yet) but before being admitted to a delivery room DH grabbed us Bob Evans breakfast (big ass omelet for me). After breakfast I checked into my room & they checked me again. I was only about 4-5cm dilated & still no contractions. We got up and walked around the hospital for a few hours to get the contractions going-but still nothing. At 2pm I got started on a low dose of pitocin & they upped my dosage slightly every 30 minutes. The contractions eventually came & became really intense! I requested oxygen for the last hour of labor because I had a sinus infection & couldn't breathe through the contractions once they got strong & close together. My baby was born at 7:52pm. :x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"