Two Under 2

Do you use a stroller for three?

I have the city mini gt for my boys, but wondering if I will need something more. Do you just wear the baby and put the other two in the stroller? Seems like a lot for the mall or something. Ds1 will be in preschool for 1/2 days next year, but we will still be out and about in the afternoons (hopefully). DS1 will be 3 yr 2 months and Ds2 will be 19.5 months when LO is due. Any suggestions?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Do you use a stroller for three?

• I think the car seat adaptor for the city mini can be shifted to the middle and you can still have a child in each seat. That might work until the oldest is ready for a glide board.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow, so the carseat adapter can be shifted to the middle? That is awesome! Looking it up now. Thank you!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It's not on their website. If you have a chance, can you share a link?
  • I'd probably put the younger 2 in the stroller and have the oldest walk. My kids are 2 and 3.5 and they rarely go in the stroller unless were going somewhere with a lot of walking. I'm having baby 3 and debating whether I will use the double stroller or just take a single.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My 3rd isn't here yet but I already have 2 strollers that can accommodate 3 kids.  My walking stroller is an ABC Adventure Buggy which has a double stroller on the bottom with a top seat that attaches above the canopy.  My car stroller is a Baby Jogger Versa with Uppababy Rumble Seat (giving me 2 seats) and then I have a ride on board also.  

I might consider trying the car seat adapter in the middle or trying a ride on board.  You could consider a stroller like the Valco Zee Two or Twin Tri Mode with the Joey seat attachment if you decide you need 3 seats.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • This is the only image I can find online right now with out kids in it.

If you look you can see that the car seat adaptor has been moved to the far end of the bar, so a child could fit in each seat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My oldest was 3 yrs 10 months when #3 was born, and #2 was 2.5.  We used the double rarely at that point for them, but occasionally.  Only for really big trips like into the city where we would be doing a lot of walking, or for the mile walk to our downtown area/playground here, etc.  Back then, I would wear #3 and push #1 and #2.  When #3 was a little older, and #1 turned 4, we started having him use the buggy board and put #2 and #3 in the stroller.  I now actually tend to use the double more for #2 and #3 while #1 walks or uses the buggy board (we have a Bumbleride Indie Twin with Lascal Buggy board attached).  Sometimes #2 wants to walk, so I have the giant stroller with one kid - but I like having it for big trips so they are all contained when I need them to be and if they get tired there is a place for them.  For the mall or quick trips, I just bring the single stroller and #1 and #2 walk.

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you for all of the advice ladies! I definitely feel like I would have to have them all contained, but 2.8 DS1 will probably be a different kid by the time LO comes. I do want to check out the glider board and carseat adapter for middle of my double BJ CM!
  • Just throwing it out there...we have a joovy ultralight and I have fit 3 kids on it.....my son was about 1 in the front seat, my daughters friend (4) was sitting facing forward with feet in basket and my daughter was standing...this was during a charity walk when the girls got tired but could def work in a pinch or for part-time use
    Megan and Brandon ~October 10, 2009~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a city mini double and have three. We slide the adapter to the center. My youngest sits on the side of the adapter since he weighs less and little feet room to balance the stroller. They love it and it glides easy through the mall or wherever. My husband thought it up and I always get compliments when out! We have the glider board too, but my 3.5 yo still likes to ride.

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• Hi. Thanks! Which adapter? It clicks into the center? Having a hard time picturing it. So your DS2 sits in the carseat?
  • I will be checking out the strollers mentioned on this post. When #3 arrives #1 will be 3.6yrs and #2 will be a couple months shy of 2. Right now I have the Contours Options LT double stroller but it only has a foot break and from what I've researched I am unable to attach a buggy board.

Like you I'd like to have the option to secure my oldest and I'm not a huge fan of baby wearing. I may sell my double and single (baby jogger city mini) and purchase a new double with a buggy board. I'll be looking into all options!

GL!!

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • okate0213 said:

I have a city mini double and have three. We slide the adapter to the center. My youngest sits on the side of the adapter since he weighs less and little feet room to balance the stroller. They love it and it glides easy through the mall or wherever. My husband thought it up and I always get compliments when out! We have the glider board too, but my 3.5 yo still likes to ride.

I have a city mini double also but I'm having a hard time picturing this adapter. Sorry! Can you explain or show a picture?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"