August 2014 Moms
Options

BTDT ring slings!

I know there's attachment parenting boards and stuff but..thought I'd try here first. I want a ring sling but I don't want to break the bank. Under $50 would be fantastic if possible. Anyone have any reconditions?
Soon to be mommy of 3!
DS Grayson (3yrs) (Emergency Csec)
imageDS Camden (1yr) (All natural Vbac)
DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: BTDT ring slings!

• Options
    If you can sew a straight line, you can make your own.  $40-$50 is about the going rate honestly, they have to have special weight tested rings for them to be safe, which is where the bulk of the expense comes from.  But I would check our Etsy or try to find a baby wearers group that's local to you.  Baby wearing groups often have people looking to Buy/Sell/Trade different wraps and slings.  That's probably how you'd find the best deal....

• Options
    I'm part of the local group on fb but I've never gone to a meeting. I've seen some for about $35 on etsy but i guess in worried about it being the right size/safe. I thought about making my own and ordering sling rings but I've never used my sewing machine so I'm kind of intimidated.
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    @cruelsound‌ Is that etsy? Thanks I'll look into it!

Edit: Nevermind I found it! Thanks! She closed her shop for a bit though.
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I found a great wrap conversion ring sling on craigslist for $40. You might find some deals there depending on what kind of area you're in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just ordered a ring sling from Bibetts on Etsy. Since LO is due in August and I run hot I went with the cotton gauze one but she has a couple of options to choose from. The shop was recommended to me over on the huge baby wearing pages on Facebook. I put DS 2 in it when it got here in a hip carry - he will be 2 on the 28th and is about 35 pounds - and it was comfy for me even with the pregnant belly. 

I've also heard amazing things about Sleeping Baby Productions and am planning on getting a WCRS from her when I decide what wrap I want to convert. 

BabyFetus Ticker 
    harry potter addict. fiber obsessed. 
    || KP 10.04.10 || EA 04.28.12 || LC expected 8.29.14 ||
    my bfp chart: Bebeh Fluff's Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"