Two Under 2

What's your favorite double stroller?

I don't currently have 2 under 2. I am due when my son will be almost 3 but I'm looking for a good double stroller. I ended up getting an inexpensive stroller which wasn't my first choice with my son and I've hated it ever since! I've been looking at the baby jogger city select Do you prefer the side by side or tandem? Why?

Re: What's your favorite double stroller?

• I just got the chicco cortina together stroller.
    Here is what I like: it steers well and is sturdy. I can snap the infant seat on easily.
    What I don't like: it's HEAVY! Also don't like that my toddlers seat in the front is so small. I kind of wish I would have gotten the contours optimum tandem stroller instead.
  • Thanks! I looked at the contours optima too, which is similar to the baby jogger city select but much less expensive. What I don't like about that one (when comparing the two) was that even if you have one one seat on, it's still long and just looks like you're missing a seat. I'll check out the Chico!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the Baby Trend Sit n Stand Double. It's not perfect but it works for what I need it to do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I love my Valco Snap Dual. It's a side by side but it's only a few inches wider than the City Select. It's very easy to use and clean...as well as only 22 lbs. Check out You Tube for info on it...and you can get a car seat adaptor for it now directly from Valco. I actually wish I had the single one as well instead of my G-luxe. Watch amazon for sales...it lists for $450 but you can sometimes find it for around $300.

You may want to look at the Snap 4 as well and get a rider board for it instead of doing the double with a 3 year old.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • With that age gap, I'd look for a sit and stand stroller.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I tried out the Citi Select in the store and found it hard to push.  We wound up buying the Citi Mini GT and love it.  We have used it since Christmas time and haven't had any issues with the wideness.  We bought it in anticipation of the new baby and my going to be 19 month old but have used it with my 3 1/2 year old and now 18 month old.  I will be having our fourth kid in late May/early June and have found that each kid is totally different with how they deal with strollers.  Our first wanted nothing to do with strollers from the moment she learned how to walk at 11 months old.  Our second kid is the 3 1/2 year old and is very happy to lean back in the comfortable stroller. She also likes to walk a lot but uses the stroller when she gets tired.  We didn't buy a double when my son was born and I kind of wish we had. Instead, we used two singles and I just made her walk when I went out by myself.  
    Go to a good baby store where there are lots of options.  I really thought I would like the Citi Select but I absolutely did not like it at all.  
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers mc #1 2/17/06 mc#2 8/3/06 mc #3 9/7/09
  • I am a stroller addict.  I've been through at least 5 double strollers and probably about 13 strollers overall.  

My favorite double is the BOB Duallie if you need something for rougher terrain or the outdoors.  It's so incredibly easy to push.  I love love love mine.  

I also love the Valco Snap Duo for a lightweight option.  It's so full featured and only 22 lbs.  

I don't love tandem strollers in general because I find them hard to push but I do love my Baby Jogger Versa with Uppababy Rumble Seat. It's great for our needs as our oldest walks a lot and I tend to be out with only 1 child pretty often.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Ebp913, did I understand correctly that you use the Uppababy rumble seat on the baby Jogger versa? I didn't know that you could use different brands together!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • mccall35 said:
    Ebp913, did I understand correctly that you use the Uppababy rumble seat on the baby Jogger versa? I didn't know that you could use different brands together!
    I'm in a stroller group and someone figured out that they work together and now tons of us have this set up.  It's fantastic for me.  The rumble seat doesn't recline but since I already my bigger double, the Versa with rumble seat is perfect for my car stroller.  I have the GT wheels on my Versa too so it pushes really well.  
    image   image
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Following this!

• We have the Baby Trend sit and stand that comes with two seats, since we plan on taking it to Disney and want the older one to be able to recline and sleep as needed. 
    It's huge. REALLY huge. We call it "mega-stroller." It fits in our minivan, but not in our compact car. However, we didn't want a side by side because it annoys the crap out of us when people push by in the mall with those monsters and we don't like the setup of ones where the one kid is basically in the dirt because the rumble seat is so low. We would have loved to have gotten a City Select, but we don't have an extra thousand bucks sitting around for something I think we'll use for about 5 months and while traveling, so we settled on this one. We got it for $110 at Target after coupons, so you can't beat the price. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • For a newborn and almost 3 year old, I would get the joovy ultralight. Unless your 3 year old naps frequently while in the stroller, in which case I would get a side by side double, like the city mini, b-agile, valco snap or bob.
  • We have the Graco Ready2Grow and I love it, but DD1 was 17 months when we got it. If your child is already 3 (or almost 3), I'd just get a plain old Sit and Stand.
  • I'm not so interested in a sit and stand because in general I need a good stroller. My stroller (Zooper) literally broke something the first time I used it when ds was 3 months and has gone down hill since. I currently only have an umbrella stroller and an old side by side jogger that I bought for $5 and it doesn't turn. We don't often jog but I do frequently go on long speed walks.
  • ebp913ebp913 member
    Cchewning said:
    I'm not so interested in a sit and stand because in general I need a good stroller. My stroller (Zooper) literally broke something the first time I used it when ds was 3 months and has gone down hill since. I currently only have an umbrella stroller and an old side by side jogger that I bought for $5 and it doesn't turn. We don't often jog but I do frequently go on long speed walks.
    Air tires are really great for long walks.  A BOB Duallie, Bumbleride Indie Twin or even City Mini GT Double would be nice.  You can probably find some of those used under $350.  Nice part about buying a higher end brand is that when you want to sell it later, it's still worth a lot. I bought brand new Duallie for $420 a year ago and just sold it for $375.  I could have probably gotten more but it was sold to a good friend who I gave a discount too.  
    image   image
  • LC122LC122 member
    We have skirted (or at least delayed) the double stroller issue by getting a ride-on board that attaches to the back of our stroller. It has a seat option that can be removed later. We prefer our 2 year old buckled to the seat rather than standing and possibly hopping off.
    Anyway, it was much cheaper than a double stroller, the toddler loves it and we are happy with it.
  • What would you ladies recommend for a newborn and just shy of a year old?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"