Pre-School and Daycare

then can we go to the playground?

DS: it's a nice day... can we go to the playground?
me: I have to clean and mop
DS: then we can go to the playground?
me: no! then daddy will be home..
DS: then we can go to the playground?
me: NO! 
DS: after dinner can we go the playground?
me: ::sigh:: no! 
DS: after I go to bed, we go to the playground?
me: how the heck are you going to go to the playground while you are sleeping?
DS: when I wake up I mean. 
me: NO! NO NO NO NO!! no playground.. 

I swear if he asks about the playground ONE MORE TIME I am going to take him to the damn playground hahaha. 

Re: then can we go to the playground?

• Maybe it is just me but I'd go to the playground. sometimes the chores can wait but the kids are growing fast. It just seems like in OP story a short jaunt could have been factored in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was thinking the same thing… why wouldn't you just take him to the playground? We go to the playground or are in the backyard as much as possible.  I think we get to the playground 5 out of 7 nice days… DH would just meet us there.  

• Loading the player...
  • yeah.yeah. member
    Um...take your kid to the playground. WTF?
  • I work from home.. I can't just leave the house unfortunately. 
  • I work 12 hours a day from home during the week and my husband doesn't get home until 7pm if we are lucky.. so by then it's dinner and then the fun task of bedtime. I don't have the luxury I guess as some people to induldge my child every second he wants to go to the playground lol. 
  • I work 12 hours a day from home during the week and my husband doesn't get home until 7pm if we are lucky.. so by then it's dinner and then the fun task of bedtime. I don't have the luxury I guess as some people to induldge my child every second he wants to go to the playground lol. 

Your OP said you had to mop not work. I understand working. I was just saying carve out some playground time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Your OP said you had to mop not work. I understand working. I was just saying carve out some playground time.
    yes, I work from home and my hours are from 6am to 6pm.. when I don't have to answer calls/emails etc I clean the house and do other things to keep busy. I am not allowed to leave the house until my shift is up. My kid has plenty of playground time. We have a playground in our backyard and he spends TONS of hours out there when he's not in school so he gets plenty of exercise.. but he still prefers the real deal because of the extra kids haha. 
  • rsd12rsd12 member
    I was thinking the same thing as why not?? But then you mention you work from home, I am impressed you don't have child care... I needed it when I worked part time from home. It sounds like you need to set better expectations for your child. Instead of saying "No"...maybe respond with "let's pick another day to go this week".

Also my youngest gets lonely when his brothers are at school since no one is around to play with... Maybe having a friend over so they can play together on his playground could help too! I can usually get more stuff done, when he is not up my butt ; )
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Why can't you go to the playground after DH gets home? Or go for a walk in the evening as a family? 

image image
  • Wow I'm amazed you can work from home with him there for 12 hours without leaving the house.  I'm assuming you have some childcare/daycare/preschool.  He can't possibly be with you 12 hours 5 days/week at home.  If you said you were working it'd be one thing, but you mentioned cleaning and mopping so we were probably thinking put the cleaning aside to enjoy the nice weather at the playground.  We have a great backyard too but interacting with the other kids is definitely more fun at this age.  

• yeah.yeah. member
    So what does your son do for 12 hours a day while you're working? You need a babysitter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"