Parenting

Anyone believe Lindsey Lohan?

I don't and I think it's cruel and disgusting that she would try to get sympathy and attention this way.  

Re: Anyone believe Lindsey Lohan?

• She put it out there for people to talk about so that's what I'm doing. I think she lied so that people tune and watch.  

• Loading the player...
  • NarwhalBaconNarwhalBacon member
    edited April 2014
    I don't believe her, but I also don't really care and agree with what @peanutbutterfox said.

ETA: agree with the nobody's business part. I speculate that everything she says is a lie.
  • myskyegirlmyskyegirl member
    edited April 2014
    If it really did then I feel bad, but I don't think it did.  I think she's a glutton for attention in any form.  That's just my opinion.  No one knew until she said it.  She could have just left it alone, but she's the one that came out to the public and said it.  I just think it's suspicious timing.   

Edit - The last thought on my mind when it happened to me was let me post this on FB public for everyone to see. 
  • I do believe her.  She came clean about her sex list so why would she make up a story about a miscarriage.
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • I really hope that she wouldn't make that up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I wont speculate in this. Just because she talked about it to the public doesn't mean we get to speculate if she is lying or not.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Honestly look at her family, I really do think she would make something like this up and not think how cruel and painful it would be to people.  I think she did it knowing people like myself would talk about it and keep her name in the spot light.  Until the Oprah show I think people had forgotten she was here and that people started talking about Miley. 
  • If it really did then I feel bad, but I don't think it did.  I think she's a glutton for attention in any form.  That's just my opinion.  No one knew until she said it.  She could have just left it alone, but she's the one that came out to the public and said it.  I just think it's suspicious timing.   

Edit - The last thought on my mind when it happened to me was let me post this on FB public for everyone to see. 
    She could have left it alone but she didn't want to. It's her perogative if she wants to yell it from the roof tops. Personally I'd rather not talk about her uterus like PP.

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 
  • Um, wow.  OP, I think that question belongs squarely in the category of "Thoughts That Should Remain Unexpressed."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mrsbutt, I'm tired of Lindsey and she was just starting to fade away, and now she comes out w/this and I have to comment.  Everyone is completely entitled to their opinions of my questionable thread and of me, but I you have to admit I'm not the only one thinking it, I just had questionable judgement on admiitting it. 
  • I am so uncomfortable with this :(

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• If Lindsey Lohan was a book character, she'd definitely be an unreliable narrator.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Liar in the past or not I would never question a loss unless I had proof otherwise.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I heard about this.  Never crossed my mind if she was lying or not.  I'd never want to believe that any woman would lie about something so awful. Im always like WTF and genuinely shocked as shit when I hear stories of women on here inventing pregnancies and losses.  

Now the sex list. That was a total grab for press.  
  • I heard about this.  Never crossed my mind if she was lying or not.  I'd never want to believe that any woman would lie about something so awful. Im always like WTF and genuinely shocked as shit when I hear stories of women on here inventing pregnancies and losses.  

This all come out last night on the last episode of Lindsay.  Part of recovery is "taking sexual inventory" so she made it out for her sponsor.  Someone took a pic of it when moving her items.  She said it's one of two people who did it.  She also expressed concern for those named on the list.  She was very authentic and I believe it 100%.
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • ppants said:
    I heard about this.  Never crossed my mind if she was lying or not.  I'd never want to believe that any woman would lie about something so awful. Im always like WTF and genuinely shocked as shit when I hear stories of women on here inventing pregnancies and losses.  

This all come out last night on the last episode of Lindsay.  Part of recovery is "taking sexual inventory" so she made it out for her sponsor.  Someone took a pic of it when moving her items.  She said it's one of two people who did it.  She also expressed concern for those named on the list.  She was very authentic and I believe it 100%.
    Thanks for the insight.  I don't watch her show.  
  • ppants said:

I heard about this.  Never crossed my mind if she was lying or not.  I'd never want to believe that any woman would lie about something so awful. Im always like WTF and genuinely shocked as shit when I hear stories of women on here inventing pregnancies and losses.  

Is that true? I've never heard that before but I've never been through it. Taking sexual inventory sounds like something I never want to do.

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 
  • edited April 2014
    .https://www.cnn.com/2014/04/21/showbiz/tv/lindsay-lohan-miscarriage/

If anyone is interested the CNN article above has video clips from her interview.  I've never really been a fan of hers and have rolled my eyes at her past antics at times but...seeing her discuss this and also her other struggles in the video clips, I really don't get the vibe she's being dishonest about it, it really does not come across as some....attention-grabby thing at all.  And I just found myself feeling really sad for her and hoping she finds some peace soon..

Can't even imagine how dark it probably is in her world, she's been struggling for a long time.  Very sad.

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MaebbMaebb member

If it really did then I feel bad, but I don't think it did.  I think she's a glutton for attention in any form.  That's just my opinion.  No one knew until she said it.  She could have just left it alone, but she's the one that came out to the public and said it.  I just think it's suspicious timing.   

@prncebride‌, I agree with PP that it's really distasteful to judge her motives for sharing it and especially to judge whether it's true or not. Some people choose to share about miscarriages on FB or other public forums because they feel like it would help other people or help them in their journey toward healing. When someone shares that they've had a miscarriage or fertility issues, the only appropriate response IMO is to be supportive and to be a friend. If you have doubts in your head about whether they're lying or about their motives for sharing, it's better to keep those thoughts in your head.
  • edited April 2014
    It makes total sense that Lindsay Lohan took a sexual inventory.  

People don't realize it, but sometimes people are promiscuous and indiscriminate because there are underlying issues.  Not because they are a very liberated, fun person.  LL is unstable mentally, physically, and emotionally.  She doesn't care for herself as a person.  Her behavior is how her issues are manifesting.  It's good she is at least looking at what made her do it.

People are judging her and thinks she's just being "slutty" but that isn't the case.  Her situation isn't much different than some other celebs who have had episodes of mental illness or addiction problems.  When she first became famous,  a huge part of her fame was her beauty and looks.  It makes sense that she used that.

As for the miscarriage, even if she is lying it doesn't change what's going on with her.  Again, people who are mentally ill do make up stories, even fantastic stories.  I''m not saying I even think she's lying, but it's pretty irrelevant at this point.
    It makes total sense that Lindsay Lohan took a sexual inventory.  

People don't realize it, but sometimes people are promiscuous and indiscriminate because there are underlying issues.  Not because they are a very liberated, fun person.  LL is unstable mentally, physically, and emotionally.  She doesn't care for herself as a person.  Her behavior is how her issues are manifesting.  It's good she is at least looking at what made her do it.

People are judging her and thinks she's just being "slutty" but that isn't the case.  Her situation isn't much different than some other celebs who have had episodes of mental illness or addiction problems.  When she first became famous,  a huge part of her fame was her beauty and looks.  It makes sense that she used that.

As for the miscarriage, even if she is lying it doesn't change what's going on with her.  Again, people who are mentally ill do make up stories, even fantastic stories.  I''m not saying I even think she's lying, but it's pretty irrelevant at this point.

Re: promiscuity, ITA. I was extremely promiscuous during my twenties. Some of it was for the fun, some for the excitement, but most was because I was lonely and damaged and grew up in a physically abusive household and did not know that I had value. Drugs were great, but did not give me the escape I needed, sex did. It was not until I met my husband, at age 30, that I realized how fucked up I was. I think people assumed, because I have always been considered pretty cute, that I was that confident and sexual woman that just wanted what she wanted. Fortunately, he saw what I did not. I know lots of women that own their sexuality and are confident and jst have sex because they want to, but there are a lot of people that use sex as a weapon and as a defense mechanism. I wish more people recognized that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Everything about Linds is just downright sad. Her career is over and Oprah was totally taking advantage of her with this "documentary" - That being said, as much as I typically don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth, I didn't question the miscarriage. It was just more sad thrown onto the heaping pile of sadness and all I could think about was it spiraling into yet another relapse (considering her sobriety isn't consistent to begin with). 

This show has been really horrifying to watch and I actually feel icky after every episode (haven't watched last nights yet).

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • I'm glad I was too lazy to bump today. Sheesh.
  • mbenit4 said:
    From what I read (don't kill the messenger) she begged Oprah for the documentary so that she could show people how she "reinvents herself." The show just ended up not being that though. 
    I know, and that's probably how it actually happened, but at the end of the day Oprah opted to pay a recovering addict, fresh out of rehab $2 million dollars to film her recovery. I realize it's the entertainment industry, but someone should have stepped in and squashed this before it ever happened. It just seems to be the reoccurring story of Lindsay's life, every person benefits except Lindsay. This time it just happens to be Oprah, and even that is floundering. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • mbenit4 said:

From what I read (don't kill the messenger) she begged Oprah for the documentary so that she could show people how she "reinvents herself." The show just ended up not being that though. 

@mbenit4‌

Is that a middle finger in your avatar? If so, I like!

• edited April 2014
    mbenit4 said:
    mbenit4 said:
    I know, and that's probably how it actually happened, but at the end of the day Oprah opted to pay a recovering addict, fresh out of rehab $2 million dollars to film her recovery. I realize it's the entertainment industry, but someone should have stepped in and squashed this before it ever happened. It just seems to be the reoccurring story of Lindsay's life, every person benefits except Lindsay. This time it just happens to be Oprah, and even that is floundering. 

From what I saw on the show they didn't actually fork the money over. They paid for things she normally would have like the deposit for her apartment etc. It did horrible in the ratings so I don't think it ended up being a money maker for the O. Doesn't seem like she is hurting for money. 

Oprah also told her they could pull the plug on the show and it would make no difference to her. This was after Lindsay was refusing to film etc. 
    Yes, the show is doing horrible and definitely an Oprah failure, but Oprah wouldn't have agreed to it if she didn't do a risk/reward assessment and think this was going to be a gold mine. This decision wasn't out of the goodness of her heart and her wanting Lindsay to succeed (maybe slightly), Oprah just wanted good tv.  

Lindsay is narcissistic and truly believes she's got everyone under her thumb there was no way she'd ever agree to Oprah's offer to pull the plug. Oprah should have just pulled it. 

ETA: I'm a huge fan of Oprah interviews, but she has certain (I'm lost for the word) interview traits, like repeating the interviewee's response and acting like it was the most insightful thing she's ever heard, that make me want to bash my head in. I wish she'd just rerun her old shows and do follow ups on OWN. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"