Caribbean Babies

XP from BMB: Old Navy Fail!!!

Everyone I know raves about Old Navy maternity clothes. None of mine from my pregnancy with DS really work...they're all stretched out and worn looking...so I needed some new stuff.

Went to Old Navy and holy hell!!! This is what the maternity section at our Old Navy looked like:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And we got there at 10:05am...they had opened just 5 minutes before, so this could not have been done by customers TODAY. The store was also very nearly empty.

I prefer to try at least a few things on in a store before buying online so that I know what sizes and styles will fit me and look right, but this made me lose my mind. I DID get 2 maternity shirts, but I feel like I missed out on a lot of cute stuff because I couldn't find anything and don't have the patience to sift through clothes like that.

Is this really what. Old Navy is like? It was just so shocking...I'm seriously tempted to contact the company and be like; "Y'all is despicable." :P
imageimage

Re: XP from BMB: Old Navy Fail!!!

• Ours looks similar - a bit tidier, but still messier than it should be. I would definitely email them those photos.
  • The one I went to looked like that, but it was like 4 in the afternoon. I don't have patience to rummage through that shit. That's why o like to shop online after I know what size to get.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • renbeerenbee member
    edited April 2014
    Jesus, that's awful! Having worked in clothing retail before, I can't believe they are ok with having it look like that!!

Formerly Aaren91011
    Trying for baby #1 since July 2013  -  DX: PCOS
    BFP: 2/27/14 - EDD 11/11/14 - MMC 4/21/14 @ 11w (stopped growing @ 9w)
    TTA until January
  • I went there last week really planning on dropping come cash on what I would need for the summer. The section was neat and everything was folded but most of the clothes looked like garbage. I didn't even bother trying on any dresses or pants. I picked up 3 shirts only because they were $10 and looked decent. I also got a foldover jersey skirt that looked super comfy. But it took me half an hour to pick out these items because the line for the fitting room spilled over into the maternity area and people were blocking half of the selection!

It really hit home that I don't like shopping there and the clothes aren't my style. Don't think I will be back anytime soon.
    TTC #1 since Oct. 2012 | BFP Feb. 21, 2014!
    imageimage
  • I've never seen anything like that after a store just opened. That's ridiculous. I used to work at a Goodwill store as a teenager and we would NEVER open a store looking like that.

Anniversary 

• The only thing I've bought from ON so far is a maxi dress.  Our section doesn't look that bad, but it's a pain in the butt to shop in, and there is not a lot of selection in the store.  I have a few things I want to get online, so I think I'm gonna make some purchases when I wake up this afternoon before work.  
    Me: 31 DH: 31
    Married 08/11/12 & TTC Since 10/13
    Previous Endo and Ovarian Cyst DX 
    March 2010: Lap. Surgery & D&C--removed 2 cysts 
    BFP: 12/20/2013 EDD: 09/03/2014 
    Travis Karel arrived on 08/21/2014 at 38w1d.
    BFP #2!  Travis is getting a sibling!
    EDD: 1/24/2017

Mama to my two furbabies Sam and Phoenix

• Elbug said:

Wow, that's bad. I wish Old Nay Nay near me actually carried maternity clothes.

I ordered some online and like the shirts but don't like the pants. The full panel pants require you to either have a fupa or a large bush of pubes to fill in the baggy vag area (and my bush just isn't bush enough).  Both pants and sweaters really stretch out a lot.  Sale stuff is great but some of it wouldn't pay full price for.

OMG Dying!
    TTC #1 since Oct. 2012 | BFP Feb. 21, 2014!
    imageimage
  • Wow - the section at my ON has been in good condition whenever I have went, but it is also very tiny.  I would not want to deal with that cluster.

BFP #1 : 3/20/13 | EDD: 12/1/13 | MC: 4/15/13 

BFP #2: 1/9/14 | EDD: 9/21/14  

Welcomed our rainbow bear on 8/31/14

My Chart | All are Welcome

• Elbug said:

Wow, that's bad. I wish Old Nay Nay near me actually carried maternity clothes.

I ordered some online and like the shirts but don't like the pants. The full panel pants require you to either have a fupa or a large bush of pubes to fill in the baggy vag area (and my bush just isn't bush enough).  Both pants and sweaters really stretch out a lot.  Sale stuff is great but some of it wouldn't pay full price for.

** quote fail **

I'm laughing so hard at work I almost peed my pants.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• I second the hate on ON maternity. We also have a tiny messy section at our store.

I went back in Feb and got two tanks and two shirts and some black leggings. The shirts and tanks feel plasticy, and the shirts are too sheer. The ruching on the tanks literally is plastic material, so it scratches you up your sides. The leggings were okay, but they are very thin, so I don't wear them out anymore.

I also tried on demi panel jeans and while they did look nice on me, the demi doesn't work with my body, it dug into my stomach. And of course they didn't have my size in full panel.

Theres nothing else around here, other than Target, Kohls and Motherhood. Motherhood I can't afford, and the Target/Kohl's maternity sections are a big joke, and most of the clothes are effin hideous. Target tanks are comfy though.

And I have a few Mossimo shirts from Target that aren't maternity, but are strechy and are super comfy to me, so I'm wearing those.

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Someone needs to post those pics and this link on ON's Facebook!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• I hate shopping in store at Old Navy. It is always a disaster and stresses me out. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"