LGBT Parenting

AW: My Thank You...

So today opening @crazyaunt84's thank you post, I was so touched and overwhelmed by all the love on this board. Seriously. We are so lucky to have each other! Now that said, yes, it's true, I'm doing an AW thank you post here - I had this all ready to go and was planning to post it this morning and I guess to me, it's big enough for an AW!

Yesterday was our first full day on Maui and J and I did I usual 'absolutely nothing' day by the beach. She was reading, but I was just staring off into the ocean and thinking when it hit me that last year we were here at the same time (honeymoon), and I got AF.

It wasn't just any AF, it was my *first* AF after our missed miscarriage/loss of Babykins, at 16w, and the D&E at 17w. I was 'lucky' because AF came about as fast as any doctor would promise me - 5 weeks or so - and I was on vacation so I could just lay around and feel icky without other responsibilities. It was a very, very hard time. J and I were supposed to be married when I was 22 weeks, and instead, when we were married my belly was empty and our little boy was gone. Still, the wedding was a fantastic distraction for both of us from the sadness, and awesome day in our lives and fortunately, I was not without hope for the future...

Fast forward to yesterday, a year later I was laying the same spot, staring at the same ocean, with a 22-week baby girl alive and well in my belly! And I immediately thought of all of you. YOU are the reason I was not without hope! All of you. This board has been my one place of safety, understanding, solace, and kindness. While IRL people 'get it' - you all, as a conglomerate, are like one giant super human friend! I love that here I have people who 'get me' in different ways - from other loss moms, to AMA moms, to people who have my same hobbies, or a great sense of humor, or who I simply identify and understand the struggles someone is having because I (as the old lady on the board) went through that too in my 20s or 30s or whatever - I love that I 'get you' as much as you get me.

So as I slogged through my loss, D&E, an adhesion that had to be surgically removed (delaying me 2 months from our second try), to my c/p, then BFN, and then finally almost a year-to-the-day that we had our first IVF transfer that resulted in Babykins, we put in our last chance embryo who is the little sparkle pony in my belly - you were all there for me, supportive and holding out hope when at that point, I really didn't have much left. I am not sure what I'd have done without you.

So with that, my heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you. You've all made a profound difference in my life, and are an integral part of my whole TTC journey. I am going to work very hard to stay here after Simone is born (and yes, I am finally letting myself believe she will be) - because I love the community, goodness and hope that is here, and only here! :)

Lots of love and thanks to you all for helping me get to where I am,
Jenn (2mamaz)
Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

Re: AW: My Thank You...

• KH826KH826 member
    So beautifully said. Your journey has been an inspiration to so many here. I hope that you and J enjoy every second together on this vacation and take in all that it represents. You are such a fantastic person, and I personally feel lucky to "know" you here! Giant hugs to you, J and Simone! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • That was beautiful. Your journey is one that has continued to be an inspiration to me. I wish that you wouldn't have had to experience it all though. I think that Simone has found the perfect family and that she will be very loved. I do hope that you are able to stick around with us. I'm very excited to "meet" Simone and hear your birth story.

Your post here and in the other thank you thread made me tear up. I think it was a combo of what you wrote and the progesterone surging through my body :).

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Loading the player...
  • As you say you are the 'old lady' on the board, but to so many you are hope to them.  You are proof that thru so much struggle, it can happen.  I haven't been thru 1/4 of what you have and I thought of you many times when I would struggle with this process.  So we should all be saying a thank you to you too.  Thank you for always saying things to inspire us, motivate us and also help to educate so many.
    I personally hope to meet you in real life one day, but for now I am proud to have you as a 'friend'.  I cannot wait to meet little baby Simone.  She is one lucky little girl to have you and J as mommies :-)

Oh and I totally teared up too reading your post ;-)  Hormonal women all over the place here today, haha
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"