Health & Exercise
Options

Fitness Roundup (April 14-20)

What's on deck for this week to keep our growing little bumps fit like we are?

M- yoga (or 45 min stairs if i don't get home in time for yoga class!)
T- 4 mi run outside
W- spin class
Th- 5k row
F- yoga class
Sa- 6 mi run outside
Su- 45 min stairs and weights

Since I seem to get into too much of a routine, I'm curious what y'all are doing, since that might inspire me to vary things up!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fitness Roundup (April 14-20)

• Options
    Ran a 10K yesterday (well, "ran" --- it was 16 minutes slower than my 10K PR :)), working on getting 25-30 mpw this week, need to focus more on streching/ using The Stick

Photo from yesterday:

• Options
    Hey!

Well, I am glad you posted this, because I have a question for all of you.

As you guys know, I ran the Cocoa Classic half two weekends ago, and I felt fine during, but my runs since then have been garbage. My back aches all the time (mostly sitting), and my groin/inner thigh area on the left is a MESS. I can get through about 8 miles with low pain, but anything over that is trash. The last two miles during my 10-miler yesterday were painful.

I'm a bit emotional about it, because I wanted to keep up mileage and do the planned races up until June, which is halfway for me. But I obviously don't want to hobble through. I could probably walk the halfs, but that doesn't seem much fun, either. I can also drop down to lower distances, but again. I just feel like it's TOO early to be cutting distance when it's just this one issue and I feel so fine in other areas.

So. Should I try to strengthen my back (suggestions?)? Prenatal Yoga?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mon- a little over 7 miles this morning.
    Tues- 5-7
    Weds- Bootcamp + 5-6 miles
    Thurs- 5-7
    Fri- Bootcamp+ 5-6 miles
    Sat- long run 10-12 miles.

Ran 40 miles last week- still feeling great other than having to stop 3xs to pee on my 11-mile LR! 29 weeks down- it's going fast.

@SPurp13‌ are you doing any strength exercises now? The cat/cow yoga pose is great for lower back, as well as the bird/dog. If you're still able to, I'd do some planks- front and sides. You can even do them from your knees if its too tough at first to hold them from your toes. I was able to do planks through my entire last pregnancy right up until I delivered at 37+4.

Mommy to R (8.23.11) and K (6.21.14).

• Options
    zoegirlTX said:
    TrishieTerp  Too cute- congrats!

SPurp13  - I'm right there with you.....at 22 weeks now.  I held my mileage at 13-14 through week 16 & 17, only feeling really sore in my pelvis groin AFTER a run.  Then I started feeling it near the end of my runs & dropped down to 10, 9, then 7 miles.  I was actually able to go back up to 10 and then 8 (ran out of time but could have gone further) last week.  So, don't give up or get too discouraged yet- I think my body was just adjusting to the added weight in my lower abdomen.  

M- ran 3 miles & did some yoga/stretching (hopefully more when I get home)
    T- travel for work :(
    W- long run....8 or 10???
    H/F going fishing- so will be on my feet, in water, wading for a quite a bit
    S - maybe get a bike ride in ??
    S- Easter
    Thank you! I'm hoping this is just a blip in the radar, rather than something that is just here to stay the entire time.
  • Options
    Mon- a little over 7 miles this morning. Tues- 5-7 Weds- Bootcamp + 5-6 miles Thurs- 5-7 Fri- Bootcamp+ 5-6 miles Sat- long run 10-12 miles. Ran 40 miles last week- still feeling great other than having to stop 3xs to pee on my 11-mile LR! 29 weeks down- it's going fast. @SPurp13‌ are you doing any strength exercises now? The cat/cow yoga pose is great for lower back, as well as the bird/dog. If you're still able to, I'd do some planks- front and sides. You can even do them from your knees if its too tough at first to hold them from your toes. I was able to do planks through my entire last pregnancy right up until I delivered at 37+4.
    I was, then I got lazy with it. I need to get back into it for sure. My cross training has been next to nothing for the last month or so. :\
  • Options
    @criscbish I have been VERY lazy about cross training. Getting in 30 miles per week? Got it. But other than that, I have been VERY lazy, so this week I'm back to it, including some yoga and lifting. I haven't done it in two months. :\
  • Options
    @criscbish, I kind of wish you were there at the gym to motivate me to get on those weight machines more. I get so lazy about it too!

@SPurp13, has your groin pain subsided at all? I've definitely started to feel it too-- though only on the right side. My Dr said it was very normal, and that since my little guy tends to sit on the right side all the time, he might be sitting on a blood vessel (I've been having right foot numbness and toe tingles towards the end of my 6-mi runs for the last few wks). Awesome, right? 

Even though you say your last few runs weren't so hot, I love that you are sticking with the goals to keep running!
  • Options
    @ajhamb, no it hasn't. I ran 5 miles yesterday and it was painful by the end.

I've decided that I'll drop down to the 5K option for my Columbia half marathon in two weeks, and possibly skip out on the Cincinnati Flying Pig half entirely for the first weekend in May. Then, I have two more halfs scheduled May 17th and June 1st, but I have time to see if this is a kink that will work out or something I'll have to deal with the entire pregnancy.

I'm upset at the loss of mileage. But, I'm at peace with the idea that I will continue to run shorter distances as long as I can, and I can still do that with most of these races. Sure, driving 5 hours for a 5K seems silly. But. It is what it is, right?
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I believe I joined in on this convo once before and would really like to join you again if you don't mind! 

Monday- rest day & stretching  (ran 11 miles on Sunday)
    Tuesday- Walked 6 miles (still recovering & worked 9 hours on my feet)
    Wednesday- 4 miles
    Thursday- 3 miles & stretching 
    Friday- rest day
    Saturday- 12 miles
    Sunday- rest & maybe yoga

My 3rd (1st during pregnancy) and my husband's first half marathon is in 17 days and I'm so excited!!! Time has significantly dropped, making it a little boring on the long runs, but I'm so happy I can still do it! Pelvic pain was a little much on Sunday evening after 11 miles, but was gone by Monday morning. I've been terrible at doing any cross training or even yoga, but really want to get back at it. 

Mr & Mrs 5/5/2012
    DH-28 Me-26
    Fur baby- Colt 
    Baby BOY due 9/24/2014

imageimageimage 

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    So nice to meet all you fit momma's! I just found this board and am SO excited to have done so! I'm trying so hard to remain active, even though my RE has been pretty adamant about my taking it easy. I was supposed to do a 10k this past weekend but to appease her I dropped down to the 5k and cruised it in. (Which was hard because it was beautiful out and I had to keep reeling myself back in when I would look down and see a pace under 10 min. [10 min/p being her absolute fastest pace she wants me running])

M - 2 M run outside
    T- 2 M walk outside
    W - ??? DH parent's are in town so I might have to skip tonight
    Th - 2-3 M run outside
    F - Rest
    Sa - 3 M run outside / help Grandpa move
    Su - Gym for xtraining

I'm also thinking about biting the bullet and buying an aquatic center pass to start swimming so I feel like I can get more of a workout while being low impact.

TTC #1: 3/2013
    02/2014: Clomid = BFN
    03/2014: Femara + Menopur + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP! - 3/17/14
    EDD: 11/29/14 - MMC @ 9 wks: 4/25/14 
    Misoprostol 4/28 & 4/29 - D&C after misoprostol failure 5/2/14
    07/2014: Spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    08/2014: Spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    08/2014 v2.0: Final spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    09/2014: BCP cycle in prep for injectable cycle in Oct.
    10/2014: Gonal-F + Cetrotide + Ovidrel + IUI  = BFP!
    TWINS! 
    "Top Bunk" & "Bottom Bunk" due June/July 2015
  • Options
    I'm envious of you ladies you can still run your double digit miles.  At this point, I probably couldn't make it more than 5 miles.  Most of the time I'm doing between 3-4 miles.

M - 40min Elliptical
    T - Prenatal Yoga
    W - 3 mile run (outside) + Tracy Anderson Method DVD (month 6)
    Th - 3 miles run + prenatal yoga
    F - Lindsay Brin DVD (Cardio, Arms, & Legs)
    Weekend - try to run 5 (or more) miles one day OR do a strength training circuit, rest one day

On a side note, I've started to wear my H running shorts to the gym as some mine are getting ridiculous looking on my ever expanding butt and thighs.  To my defense, these shorts are way too short for him anyway.  I don't think I've ever seen him wear them :P Mine!

image  image
    BFP 5/08/13 -- EDD 1/15/14 -- slow hb@7wks d&c 6/07/13
    BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
    BFP 11/26/13 -- EDD 8/07/14 -- Born 7/24/14!
  • Options
    @lmdonnel, good luck on your long run this weekend!! May the bladder control be with you :)

@RedHeadRunning, yes slow is boring! But so kickass that you are still signing up for (and running!) races!

@mdarmetko, nice to meet you too! Nice find on the shorts... I had to go find new larger cheapo shorts (and tank tops, since my rib cage has expanded and large workout tees feel tiny now) off amazon...
  • Options
    SPurp13 said:
    @ajhamb, no it hasn't. I ran 5 miles yesterday and it was painful by the end.

I've decided that I'll drop down to the 5K option for my Columbia half marathon in two weeks, and possibly skip out on the Cincinnati Flying Pig half entirely for the first weekend in May. Then, I have two more halfs scheduled May 17th and June 1st, but I have time to see if this is a kink that will work out or something I'll have to deal with the entire pregnancy.

I'm upset at the loss of mileage. But, I'm at peace with the idea that I will continue to run shorter distances as long as I can, and I can still do that with most of these races. Sure, driving 5 hours for a 5K seems silly. But. It is what it is, right?
    Is that an option?

I'm signed up for the half but I just... don't want to do it. I'm still running because I want to keep up my fitness, but the round ligament pain and feeling like I have to pee and the cramps in my calves... it just sort of sucks most of the time. I don't want to feel like shit for 2+ hours.

I thought - I HOPED - that I could keep up high mileage during my entire pregnancy, but it's not enjoyable most of the time. My plan is to keep running as much as I can and add swimming back into the mix.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"