March 2014 Moms
Options

Help! I need some serious encouragement

I know I cant be alone here...Madelena will NOT let me put her down to sleep. I've tried her crib, pnp, bouncer, swing also heating pad in crib to warm up sheets a bit before putting her down, putting an article of my clothing down for comfort. I breastfeed successfully, she RARELY will take a paci, has a bit of reflux but hasn't seemed to be bad as a couple weeks ago. She will not sleep longer than 10-15 min anywhere but my arms. She'll sleep almost the entire night in my arms...during the day she will not sleep anywhere but my arms as well. Now she doesn't even like car rides and screams these terrifying screams while driving. She's almost 6 weeks and I'm praying it's a crazy growth spurt. Please ANY advice or tips or encouragement will be helpful..I'm running out of ideas! Ohh also I do have the moby wrap and wear her..she loves it, obv cus I'm holding her, and she poops and pees very well.
Sorry for the novel I'm just totally lost right now :( I would hold her all day and night if I could but it's just not possible!

Re: Help! I need some serious encouragement

• Options
    edited April 2014
    DD has done the same thing all week, she will be 5 weeks tomorrow. It was like all of a sudden she wouldn't sleep in her crib at night and wanted to be held all day. I tried everything and gave up because I was tired.

We also tried all week to get her to at least sleep in our room in the pnp. Finally last night she went down, in her pnp without a fight or being held. Today she is back to bring clingy and she won't let me put her down.

I thinks it's just a phase. Sorry don't have any good advice but I know how you feel. I'd love to hear what others have to say though.

Eta: stupid autocorrect
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    Going through this as well at 5 weeks. He's definitely going through a growth spurt though because he's constantly eating... I hope it lets up soon! We are going on day 3. I'm exhausted!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just keep trying. It's hard isn't it mama? I'm slowly breaking my 5 wk ds out of it. I don't think I got dd to sleep wo me till 2 mos ish. Tried bed sharing?

DD born 9/15/12

DS due 3/6/14

• Options
    Anyone read the Wonder Weeks? Check out the app :) Yes, this is NORMAL for this first "leap" they take! One of the signs is a baby who CONSTANTLY wants to be held! DS just went through this :)
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Unplanned pregnancy July 2005; EDD 3/27/06; birthdaughter born 3/15/06 (38w2d) (placed for adoption).
    TTC since December 2012, BFP 6/25/13. EDD 3/2/14. Baby Elias born 2/21/14 (38w5d)!
  • Options
    Harper is doing the same thing and she's 6 weeks. I've heard that it's common around this age so I just try and enjoy the extra snuggles.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    .I completely understand. Monday I discovered I could put my super plush bath robe in his RNP and he would sleep independently. Finally! I nearly cried I was so happy! We hit a bit of a speed bump last night, but I'm doing my best to keep trying to put him down on his own, even if its just for a few minutes to get him in the habit of sleeping by himself. Still, I usually have to rock and nurse him into a fairly deep sleep which can take a while before he lets me put him down. I'm really hoping things get better for you! I know how frustrating it can be!

Elliott Brady was 7lbs 4oz & 19in
    born March 8th, 2014 at 9:08pm
  • Options
    pattipantspattipants member
    edited April 2014
    Here's the screenshot from the Wonder Weeks app :)

ETA: they base the timing off your LO's due date, not on the date of birth (it goes by development of the brain from conception, I guess).
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Unplanned pregnancy July 2005; EDD 3/27/06; birthdaughter born 3/15/06 (38w2d) (placed for adoption).
    TTC since December 2012, BFP 6/25/13. EDD 3/2/14. Baby Elias born 2/21/14 (38w5d)!
  • Options
    @pattipants‌ you talked me into the app :P

Elliott Brady was 7lbs 4oz & 19in
    born March 8th, 2014 at 9:08pm
  • Options
    Thank u all so much...I knew I wasn't alone in this but hearing other moms going through the same makes me feel so much better about this situation. I could snuggle and hold her all day because I love it but in the back of my mind I'm worried I won't be able to get her out of the habit of being in my arms constantly. @pattipants‌ that just made my week! I'm glad to have this knowledge now it definitely eases my mind!
  • Options
    Mine is doing the same thing. Good luck and know your not alone.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. My baby only fall asleep while nursing and won't sleep more than 20-30 minutes in his bassinet (and that is when we're lucky). To keep my sanity, I take DS in my bed with me at night so he sleeps in my arms and I nurse him laying down and I get some sleep. I really can't wait to be able to put him in his bassinet near our bed at night...
  • Options

Here's the screenshot from the Wonder Weeks app :)

ETA: they base the timing off your LO's due date, not on the date of birth (it goes by development of the brain from conception, I guess).

I just downloaded it and its spot on! The only thing is he was two weeks early and when I put in his dd it was off. When I changed to dob, it's exactly what he's been going through! I wish I had this at the beginning of the week before I tried a million things. Now I can just ride it out. Such a relief!
  • Options
    chocoroomchocoroom member
    edited April 2014
    We've been going through this for over a week now. DS will be 6 weeks on Monday. I think he may have hit his WW early, too. Based on his birthday he was right on schedule but based on his due date he was a week early (he was born at 39 weeks.)

Has anyone been through this and come out the other side? How/when did you get LO to sleep on their own?

Edited: autocorrect
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"